• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Just got mine as well for Oct 25-26, total of $3.25

rated:
I just tried to cancel. They wanted $55 and return the phone!
I'm screwed!

rated:
ElGuache said:   I called today to cancel, and when they asked me for the reason, I said "because I didn't realize that I still had two more months on my contract on my other cell phone" then I said, I want to cancel the To Go plan, but I will reactive it in about two months when I'm done with my other plan. Since I order two phones, one with my wifes name, on hers, the CSR asked if I wanted to stay on the vacations plan to keep it active, and I said "No, I will reactive it when I get out of the other contract". Neither one asked me to return the phone. Since I never used the phones at all, I asked both of them before hanging up, if I had a balance, and both said $0.
  What number did you call?

rated:
Those who haven't canceled yet: you are now in the Oct-Nov billing cycle. CSR told me they have to have zero balance on the account before the line can be canceled. That is 50-something dollars for a phone purchased before it went OOS. CSR also confirmed I can keep the phone.

Pay the bill, call them to cancel the plan and ask for a prorated refund.

rated:
What a freaking headache this is turning out to be. I just called, and the guy told me that in order to cancel before the billing date (Nov 25), that I'd have to take the phone to a Sprint store. (Nearest store is almost 60 miles away.) Otherwise, there is no way they can pro-rate the charges, even if I mail the phone back. So, I can either pay a $57 bill, or drive 120 miles back and forth to a Sprint store to cancel the phone. I can't even get a signal in my house or at my work, so it's useless to me as an actual phone.

edit:  After talking to 4 people, I finally got someone who seemed to actually know his job and was willing to help.  They're sending me a return kit, and he agreed to do a courtesy adjustment on the $13.xx bill.

rated:
foghorn19 said:   Those who haven't canceled yet: you are now in the Oct-Nov billing cycle. CSR told me they have to have zero balance on the account before the line can be canceled. That is 50-something dollars for a phone purchased before it went OOS. CSR also confirmed I can keep the phone.

The CSR I spoke to confirmed this except they won't pro-rate the bill. The lucky few who cancelled before the Oct Nov cycle got the $3.25 (roughly) deal but now it's 3.25 + 7-ish (taxes) and the 45 monthly service fee to total 55. They would not pro-rate the 45 because you have to pay up front. I argued and the csr said he could cancel the entire transaction but I would have to send the phone back with the return kit. I got off the phone to think about my options. I'll call again tomorrow and see if the story changes. Either way, $55 for a $300 phone isn't too bad.

rated:
foghorn19 said:   
ElGuache said:   I called today to cancel, and when they asked me for the reason, I said "because I didn't realize that I still had two more months on my contract on my other cell phone" then I said, I want to cancel the To Go plan, but I will reactive it in about two months when I'm done with my other plan. Since I order two phones, one with my wifes name, on hers, the CSR asked if I wanted to stay on the vacations plan to keep it active, and I said "No, I will reactive it when I get out of the other contract". Neither one asked me to return the phone. Since I never used the phones at all, I asked both of them before hanging up, if I had a balance, and both said $0.
  What number did you call?

866-866-7509
Have your phone number ready and your pin number.

rated:
I think they realize their mistake by now, so I just got this today in my email, and I just cancel yesterday.

Thank you for choosing Sprint!

Don't miss out: Enjoy the simplicity of managing your account anytime, anywhere with My Sprint. My Sprint lets you manage your account for 323-xxx-xxxx from any computer, tablet or smartphone. Skip the boring registration process! sign up using the fast lane. Hurry! You only have 5 days left to use this link.

Save time with these features:

See all account usageSet/update your caller ID nameRestrict/block voice, text and data service on a phone-by-phone basisBlock or allow voice, text, web access and moreGet support for your deviceSee/pay your bill

rated:
1brooklyn1 said:   
billrubin said:   
marty628 said:   Hang up and call back, hopefully with someone less formidable...
  Not worth it, since she had already processed the return kit. She did come back and confirm that they had poor service in my area.

Why wouldn't it be worth it, a $300+ item for $22.5 seems like a steal? Did you receive both the LG and Galaxy or only one so far?

So, now that it appears that it's not going to be $22.50 had I kept it, I'm especially glad that I bailed out early. I really don't need this, I just bought a new LG G2 which is much better than this phone. I have an old Android phone, and this Victory is better than that, but I am unlikely to use it.

One thing that has become clear is that Sprint's posted policies on cancelling this pay as you go service are sorely lacking.

rated:
daveem said:   
foghorn19 said:   Those who haven't canceled yet: you are now in the Oct-Nov billing cycle. CSR told me they have to have zero balance on the account before the line can be canceled. That is 50-something dollars for a phone purchased before it went OOS. CSR also confirmed I can keep the phone.

The CSR I spoke to confirmed this except they won't pro-rate the bill. The lucky few who cancelled before the Oct Nov cycle got the $3.25 (roughly) deal but now it's 3.25 + 7-ish (taxes) and the 45 monthly service fee to total 55. They would not pro-rate the 45 because you have to pay up front. I argued and the csr said he could cancel the entire transaction but I would have to send the phone back with the return kit. I got off the phone to think about my options. I'll call again tomorrow and see if the story changes. Either way, $55 for a $300 phone isn't too bad.

It really matters which department you're talking to.

I was also told the same thing - that I'd have to return the phone and cancel the entire order since it was within the 14 days.

I insisted that I only wanted to cancel the SERVICE and not the whole order, and that there was no device return requirement, and I paid $0.00 for the phone according to Sprint's own invoice (email), and they can keep the $0.00 I paid for the phone, just stop the monthly service.

I was bounced to another department ( 1-855-319-4426 ). Told them to "stop the service", prorate the bill and issue refund for the excess (I paid $50 + change). According to CSR at that number above, I should expect a final bill with a refund check fo about $40.

Keep trying. Do not give up.

rated:
I just got off the horn with Sprint again. I called the 855 319 4426 number which was the same number I used the first time when the CSR said $55 to cancel. This CSR started out at $55 but agreed to adjust the bill so that it will end up being $13.18! Not too shabby for a new phone. Like Foghorn said, just keep trying.

rated:
Funny. I was told $0 for the total, but I got a bill today for two days. I didnt even activate the phone and I cancelled before I even received it, yet
still got a charge. In an effort to stay below the radar, I just paid it.

New Charges $3.46

Oct 24-Oct 25-Single Plan - Prorated Charges

Oct 24 - Oct 25 Sprint As You Go - Unlimited Talk/Text Plan $3.00
Oct 24 - Oct 25 Blocked Data $0.00

Sprint Surcharges $0.09

Government Taxes & Fees $0.37

rated:
Yeah, for $3 it's not worth your time to pick up the phone and fight with those clowns.

rated:
Lappie said:   Funny. I was told $0 for the total, but I got a bill today for two days. I didnt even activate the phone and I cancelled before I even received it, yet

New Charges $3.46

Sprint Surcharges $0.09

Exact same thing happened to me.  For the same reason I paid it as well.  Really can't complain, but it does bug me a little.

rated:
Whisper724 said:   
Lappie said:   Funny. I was told $0 for the total, but I got a bill today for two days. I didnt even activate the phone and I cancelled before I even received it, yet

New Charges $3.46

Sprint Surcharges $0.09

Exact same thing happened to me.  For the same reason I paid it as well.  Really can't complain, but it does bug me a little.

Same thing for me also, i cancelled the day i got the phone and never activated it, but have a $3.25 bill, well worth it though and i've since activated on Ring Plus which i am very happy with

rated:
  Same thing for me also, i cancelled the day i got the phone and never activated it, but have a $3.25 bill, well worth it though and i've since activated on Ring Plus which i am very happy with
  Same here. I got a bill of $7.31. I chatted with an operator yesterday and explained my situation. I was told that my final bill will indicate a $0 balance by the end of Nov.

** Remember to ask for a case number if you decide to calling in or chatting online **

rated:
what is wrong there, I got a $57.xx bill. I cancelled the service last week.

rated:
ciber said:   what is wrong there, I got a $57.xx bill. I cancelled the service last week.
  Call them back and fight!

rated:
just got off the phone (2 trys) they said return phone to store (local) to cancel and I have to pay 35.00 ?"

rated:
called 866-866-7509, I was told that I can keep the device, but have to cancel the pay as go account, or I will be charged. When I was transferred to the second dept, they told me that I have to return the device after cancel the account.

rated:
just4me2 said:   
Whisper724 said:   

New Charges $3.46

Sprint Surcharges $0.09zx

Tried to activate on Ring Plus, but it say:Unfortunately, your device has active contract on another network or is not a valid Sprint device. If you're currently under contract with another company, simply ask them to release this device. Feel free to contact RingPlus Support for more help. 
Please help.

rated:
Sprint is sending out paper bill, check your mailbox.

rated:
I just got a shipping notice for the second phone (also Galaxy) that I ordered but had gotten a backorder/some other error email for. I never bothered to cal about it and hoped it would not ship. Not sure what to do now.

rated:
I just called Sprint and asked why I was getting a Payment notice of $56.48, and the CSR said that the account was cancel and I have a $0 Balance. So, I guess this was the IT departments wrong doing, because I cancel on the 28th and the bill was dated on the 29th. My best guess is that they paper bill was already in place to be printed at the time I cancel the account. Therefore every one that cancel early on the 28th are getting a bill but have a $0 balance. Don't take my word for it, you need to call and check.

rated:
So what should I do about the 2nd phone, which is being delivered today? Has anyone else had luck with the "I found out that my contact's not up yet, so I need to cancel and will reactivate in a couple of months" story? I know one person reported that worked and they were able to keep the phone.

rated:
Tried to activate on Ting but they told me to detach my phone from Sprint. I called Sprint and they told me this phone can only be used on the Sprint Pay as You Go plan (either $45 or $60). Is this true?

rated:
fbs206 said:   Tried to activate on Ting but they told me to detach my phone from Sprint. I called Sprint and they told me this phone can only be used on the Sprint Pay as You Go plan (either $45 or $60). Is this true?
There is lots of discussion about this on SD. Apparently you need a dummy ESN and use that and the phone number to port to Ting. Then Sprint releases the ESN and in theory removes the phone from your account (what is unclear still is whether your bill is cancelled). I haven't done this yet.. but I got a dummy ESN from someone there (I have a spare if anyone needs it).

rated:
Yeah, that works, finally get Sprint cancelled. You just need to use a dummy ESN and use that to port Sprint Phone Number to Ting. Then Sprint releases the ESN and then your Sprint service gets cancelled. I have $25 Ting referral credit available. PM me if you want to get rid of Sprint

rated:
I guess I am the lucky one. I canceled with Sprint without any problem and activate with Ting right the way. No need for a dummy ESN or flashing. At first my phone wouldnt work with Ting. I was gonna give them a call on the next day. And later found out it was just my bedroom that does not have any signal.

Good luck my FW fellows,

rated:
If anyone need a link for Ting's $25 signup credit, PM me.

rated:
Just cancelled mine after about 17 days.
Had to pay $79 w/taxes for a $60 data plan,
they claimed after 14 days no prorating.
Sprint data performance is lousy,
indicated 4G in downtown Seattle but got no data tonight.

rated:
I called and spoke with customer service, they transferred me to account services. I have 2 lines and they've been active for approximately 2 weeks. Both lines are setup to cancel at the end of this month. She said the bill for each line will be prorated, and gave me a reference number. Total is approx $25/phone because of the 2 weeks service. I will receive a final bill at the end of the month.

rated:
T3ddyG said:   I called and spoke with customer service, they transferred me to account services. I have 2 lines and they've been active for approximately 2 weeks. Both lines are setup to cancel at the end of this month. She said the bill for each line will be prorated, and gave me a reference number. Total is approx $25/phone because of the 2 weeks service. I will receive a final bill at the end of the month.
  I would recommend confirming this. I called up a/c svcs twice. The 1st time was told by a supervisor that it cannot be cancelled same day but there was a $9/mo vacation/suspension reduced plan (with no svc) that would be put on until the end of the billing cycle and they could only do it for 1 line as a courtesy. When I called up today about the other, was told by another sup that the option is not even available with the Sprint As You Go plans and I had recd incorrect info. Essentially the full $55.09/phone due, regardless of when you call to cancel.

rated:
got a bill of $7.31 today from Sprint. Chatted with a staff. He waived the unpaid balance

rated:
Final bill of 8.19 received 12/2 paid 12/3
Now to see if I can get some of that ringplus free account-goes live in 2 minutes

rated:
BYOD plans showing $9.99? Are those free account gone?

rated:
anyone successfully activate this phone on a SERO plan?

rated:
wtfu said:   got a bill of $7.31 today from Sprint. Chatted with a staff. He waived the unpaid balance
Is there any way to take care of this online via email or chat? I have bills for 2 phones (which I've ignored until now but would like to clear up). One is $9.13 for a phone I cancelled and actually sent back, which should be completely zeroed out. The one one I posted to Ting but I never got credited for the month that I had been pre-billed. I haven't paid either bill but would like to get rid of them. I'd be happy to pay a few dollars for the phone I actually kept.

NM found the chat button at the top of the page.

Update - went 1 for 2. First rep told me she would zero out the account (on the phone that I had cancelled service on and was forced to send back). Second rep told me she could not handle pre-paid accounts and that I'd have to call!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014