• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

staples
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Ditto - I was guessing beer.

Dano

DanoMcGarret (Oct. 30, 2013 @ 12:39p) |

It was beer.

But basically, give me a good football game, and I can be fine without food.

aarzi (Oct. 30, 2013 @ 4:38p) |

To make it sweeter use the 25% "off any one cleaning and breakroom item" in Monday & Tuesday's email making them less th... (more)

retrac (Oct. 30, 2013 @ 5:58p) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I apologize for the repost. I did search and I think the indexing did not show your post up. (i searched under "Staples" and sort by post.)

I do have a suggestion though -- please add more info to the OP. Thank you.

Did Staples and HP fall out of love with one another? Another week without any deals on ink (double rewards, double recycling, etc.).

BTW, Vista didn't like the link to the ad preview in IE (timer ends up spinning forever), but displayed the upcoming ad fine in Firefox.

gooddealie said:   Did Staples and HP fall out of love with one another? Another week without any deals on ink (double rewards, double recycling, etc.).

BTW, Vista didn't like the link to the ad preview in IE (timer ends up spinning forever), but displayed the upcoming ad fine in Firefox.

  Link doesn't work in Chrome either.

VivYip said:   I apologize for the repost. I did search and I think the indexing did not show your post up. (i searched under "Staples" and sort by post.)

I do have a suggestion though -- please add more info to the OP. Thank you.

  

no apology needed Viv, I do my share of reposts, it happens.

As for the adding more info to OP, I've changed to adding screen shots of the items of "value" to the post. That way there's no confusion as to the item, price, fine print. If there's more info needed (say to create a good deal with rebates, coupons, etc), yes, that will be included.

Right now, there's no coupons provided in the ad on breakroom or much of anything. Other than the free arewards ream paper, the only good deals are the breakroom items, especially the Scott Toilet Paper which I think there's some manu coupons around for as well.

MISTERCHEAP said:   ..Other than the free arewards ream paper, the only good deals are the breakroom items, especially the Scott Toilet Paper which I think there's some manu coupons around for as well.Glad bags are $.10/bag. Which is my threshold for a decent price on a name brand bag.
  

Another thrilling week from Staples. I can hardly contain my enthusiasm!

BeanTech said:   Another thrilling week from Staples. I can hardly contain my enthusiasm!
  ...and still no batteries.  The holiday season should be turn out to be a real winner too.

Mr. C, you have my everlasting thanks that I decided after reading your ringing endorsement of the Brother MFC**** series that I finally got off the dime and bought one. Seems like no more than a month later Brother introduced its new line banishing the 'chipless' printer and consigning it to the dustbins of history. It continues to astonish me how dirt-cheap the generic ink cartridges are for my MFC J430w. I bought 3 black-ink cartridges on Amazon yesterday for $4.45 shipped!
I'd be dying if I hadn't gotten one of these printers when the going was good - I only wish I picked up a spare or two! Thanks again.

Thanks for posting MC but another dud week. No batteries and nothing to cash out Rewards. Perhaps this is the last year
that Staples makes it easy to get to Premier and Premier has value.

Dano

Sheesh, I've got enough paper already to last a lifetime

looks like toilet paper is 1 ply, gonna pass. thanks for posting though.

OMG, so this means it is Thursday already.

DanoMcGarret said:   Thanks for posting MC but another dud week. No batteries and nothing to cash out Rewards. Perhaps this is the last year
that Staples makes it easy to get to Premier and Premier has value.

Dano

  Keep in mind, it's seasonal too.   During BTS season, I achieved $500 in spend toward premier over about a 7 week period.    Yes it has been a dud since mid-September but Staples seems to go on kicks to work us toward Premier.    Do not lose hope!

GreenTrash said:   Mr. C, you have my everlasting thanks that I decided after reading your ringing endorsement of the Brother MFC**** series that I finally got off the dime and bought one. Seems like no more than a month later Brother introduced its new line banishing the 'chipless' printer and consigning it to the dustbins of history. It continues to astonish me how dirt-cheap the generic ink cartridges are for my MFC J430w. I bought 3 black-ink cartridges on Amazon yesterday for $4.45 shipped!
I'd be dying if I hadn't gotten one of these printers when the going was good - I only wish I picked up a spare or two! Thanks again.

  Whoah! I missed the alert. How do you determine which older printers are chipless? Or rather, is there an identifier to the newer printers that would give a heads up? Is this for new gen lasers as well?

DanoMcGarret said:   Thanks for posting MC but another dud week. No batteries and nothing to cash out Rewards. Perhaps this is the last year
that Staples makes it easy to get to Premier and Premier has value.

Dano

  

Dano, I'm not surprised, we are in that pre-holiday funk. We should start seeing some deal again mid-November leading up to mega deals BFriday until New Years.

But with Staples, you never know when a coupon pops up making something a good deal ($100 off Computers, 25-50% back in rewards, etc) Can't ever lose hope over the weekly ad, things can change on a dime as the week progresses.

brusbrother said:   
GreenTrash said:   Mr. C, you have my everlasting thanks that I decided after reading your ringing endorsement of the Brother MFC**** series that I finally got off the dime and bought one. Seems like no more than a month later Brother introduced its new line banishing the 'chipless' printer and consigning it to the dustbins of history. It continues to astonish me how dirt-cheap the generic ink cartridges are for my MFC J430w. I bought 3 black-ink cartridges on Amazon yesterday for $4.45 shipped!
I'd be dying if I hadn't gotten one of these printers when the going was good - I only wish I picked up a spare or two! Thanks again.

  Whoah! I missed the alert. How do you determine which older printers are chipless? Or rather, is there an identifier to the newer printers that would give a heads up? Is this for new gen lasers as well?

  
The easiest way is to look up the cartridge for that particular printer. If it is LC103,105 or 107 it is chipped. LC79 and below carts are not chipped and a buck a piece or less.

Just noticed some sellers are offering the 103-107 series carts with chips for about $6 a piece. The same carts without chips are about $5 a piece.




 

brusbrother said:   
GreenTrash said:   Mr. C, you have my everlasting thanks that I decided after reading your ringing endorsement of the Brother MFC**** series that I finally got off the dime and bought one. Seems like no more than a month later Brother introduced its new line banishing the 'chipless' printer and consigning it to the dustbins of history. It continues to astonish me how dirt-cheap the generic ink cartridges are for my MFC J430w. I bought 3 black-ink cartridges on Amazon yesterday for $4.45 shipped!
I'd be dying if I hadn't gotten one of these printers when the going was good - I only wish I picked up a spare or two! Thanks again.

  Whoah! I missed the alert. How do you determine which older printers are chipless? Or rather, is there an identifier to the newer printers that would give a heads up? Is this for new gen lasers as well?

  Check my post on the Staples Clearance thread on the Brother MFC-J430W for $30.5 or less, cheap ink!
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1074340/m18034145/#m18034145

Mr C, congrats on the 100th achievement badge!

GreenTrash said:   Mr. C, you have my everlasting thanks that I decided after reading your ringing endorsement of the Brother MFC**** series that I finally got off the dime and bought one. Seems like no more than a month later Brother introduced its new line banishing the 'chipless' printer and consigning it to the dustbins of history. It continues to astonish me how dirt-cheap the generic ink cartridges are for my MFC J430w. I bought 3 black-ink cartridges on Amazon yesterday for $4.45 shipped!
I'd be dying if I hadn't gotten one of these printers when the going was good - I only wish I picked up a spare or two! Thanks again.

  
Same here. Long overdue shoutout to MISTERCHEAP for his all encompassing office supply knowledge and Staples expertise. You sir are a great contributor and true FatWalleter. Much appreciated.

I'm sitting on about a grand in GCs and Rewards at the moment, so...


Dear Mister Staples,

Please bring me a large supply of FAR case paper, some $100 off laptop coupons, FAR batteries, and a puppy.

Your friend,

labboypro

 

labboypro said:   I'm sitting on about a grand in GCs and Rewards at the moment, so...


Dear Mister Staples,

Please bring me a large supply of FAR case paper, some $100 off laptop coupons, FAR batteries, and a puppy.

Your friend,

labboypro

 

  Ditto on the FAR case paper, FAR batteries and add FAR ream paper.

Dano

labboypro said:   I'm sitting on about a grand in GCs and Rewards at the moment, so...


Dear Mister Staples,

Please bring me a large supply of FAR case paper, some $100 off laptop coupons, FAR batteries, and a puppy.

Your friend,

labboypro

 

If they offer any more FAR paper, I will literally be sitting on it.  Will need to remove the couch to stack the paper.    

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
If they offer any more FAR paper, I will literally be sitting on it.  Will need to remove the couch to stack the paper.    

  
Be creative.  End tables, room dividers, play forts (use corbelled arch construction so the roof doesn't cave in), and as always... give as seasonal gifts to friends and loved ones.

 

labboypro said:   give as seasonal gifts to friends and loved ones.

My relatives are sick of me offering them free paper.

c3 said:   
My relatives are sick of me offering them free paper.

  
Offer?  Be tough and foist it upon them... and then leave before they have a chance to load it back into your car.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
labboypro said:   I'm sitting on about a grand in GCs and Rewards at the moment, so...


Dear Mister Staples,

Please bring me a large supply of FAR case paper, some $100 off laptop coupons, FAR batteries, and a puppy.

Your friend,

labboypro

 

If they offer any more FAR paper, I will literally be sitting on it.  Will need to remove the couch to stack the paper.    

  Time to start selling some of it

I actually reached out to a copier company and sold them at 2.25 a ream. I havent done a whole lot, but those far/ac cases worked out pretty well. Another 100 bucks or so in my pocket.

erbaker67 said:   I actually reached out to a copier company and sold them at 2.25 a ream. I havent done a whole lot, but those far/ac cases worked out pretty well. Another 100 bucks or so in my pocket.
  Congrats - that's a good price and much less hassle than dealing with the flakes on Craigslist. How large was the company?

Dano

MISTERCHEAP said:   
DanoMcGarret said:   Thanks for posting MC but another dud week. No batteries and nothing to cash out Rewards. Perhaps this is the last year
that Staples makes it easy to get to Premier and Premier has value.

Dano

  

Dano, I'm not surprised, we are in that pre-holiday funk. We should start seeing some deal again mid-November leading up to mega deals BFriday until New Years.

But with Staples, you never know when a coupon pops up making something a good deal ($100 off Computers, 25-50% back in rewards, etc) Can't ever lose hope over the weekly ad, things can change on a dime as the week progresses.

  I got hooked on the weekly FAR ream paper and photo paper and am in withdrawl. Somebody, anybody, get me a free ream. I'm getting the shakes!

Dano


....
Disclaimer
.......Is this fitting

erbaker67 said:   I actually reached out to a copier company and sold them at 2.25 a ream. I havent done a whole lot, but those far/ac cases worked out pretty well. Another 100 bucks or so in my pocket.
  That is a good price. I've sold around 300 reams in the past 4 months for just over $500. So I'm averaging about $1.66 a ream.

They were a smaller company but they were paying 37.50 a case from Quill .

labboypro said:   I'm sitting on about a grand in GCs and Rewards at the moment, so...


Dear Mister Staples,

Please bring me a large supply of FAR case paper, some $100 off laptop coupons, FAR batteries, and a puppy.

Your friend,

labboypro

 

  save the gc to use to reach Premier in 2014

erbaker67 said:   They were a smaller company but they were paying 37.50 a case from Quill .
  Small company makes sense. The 40% discount is a good hook.And  if you can get enough paper to keep happy
you don't have to deal with Flakeslist.

Dano
 

and the Staples Check In coupon drought continues...

Cheeseparing said:   and the Staples Check In coupon drought continues...
  You have a 15%, a $20/$100 store/online that expires today, and a 25/100 online/phone. They are supposed to fix the mobile app by the end of the month but don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

just got a email that has a $25/100 online coupon. check your mailboxes

darkxkiller said:   just got a email that has a $25/100 online coupon. check your mailboxes
  Yes, as posted here

Skipping 15 Messages...
mathfaster said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   ..Other than the free arewards ream paper, the only good deals are the breakroom items, especially the Scott Toilet Paper which I think there's some manu coupons around for as well.
Glad bags are $.10/bag. Which is my threshold for a decent price on a name brand bag.
  

  To make it sweeter use the 25% "off any one cleaning and breakroom item" in Monday & Tuesday's email making them less than 7.5 cents a bag.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014