• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I'm new to posting here, so please forgive any faux pas.

I went to Amazon's website and received a special ad on the main page for $60 off any Kindle.   This would for instance make the 6" Kindle (normally $69) for only $9 or a Kindle Fire HD (normally 139) for 79. 

Apparently some people don't see this deal at all, and some people see $20.  I got $60, but have no idea why.   

Link - hope it works. 

Terms and conditions listed on the page: <table 2"="" cellspacing="2" style="font-style: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; width: 1000px; padding-bottom: 25px;">
Terms and Conditions:

• The promotion is valid through 11:59pm PST October 29, 2013. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel it at any time.
  • If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the promotional code will not apply.
  • The promotion is limited to one per customer.
  • The promotion applies only to new Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HDX devices sold and shipped by Amazon Digital Services. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers.
  • If you return items purchased using a promotion code, we will subtract the value of the promotion code from your return credit.
  • This offer may not be combined with other offers.
  • This offer does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
  • Offer good while supplies last.
  • Void where prohibited.
  • If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the promotional code discount will not apply.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Kindle (39.68kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I tried this link when it first came out and was not eligible. Tried today and it gave me $40 off so it is worth keep t... (more)

Zippy07 (Nov. 07, 2013 @ 3:22p) |

This deal is back. I didn't get an offer last time, but got $40 off this time.

Bluefw (Nov. 12, 2013 @ 9:18p) |

Interestingly enough, 2 weeks ago my wife got the $60 off deal whereas I got nothing.  I registered the newly purchased ... (more)

rsrvoir (Nov. 13, 2013 @ 3:29p) |

Random amount: $20, $40 or $60 off  

YMMV -- from Amazon CSR:

Customers who are heavy book purchasers will only be given a discount on any brand-new Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire 2nd Generation, Kindle Fire HD, or Kindle Fire HDX model. This promotion is running through 11:59 p.m. PST, October 29, 2013.

If you are eligible, you will receive the offer via e-mail with a link to the website to redeem the offer. No promotion code is required--all you have to do is sign into your account, add the eligible Kindle to your cart, and purchase the device.

Please note that, if you receive the offer link either through a deals website or from an eligible customer, you will not be able to redeem this offer. If you visit the website, you will be told that you aren't eligible for the offer, and will be directed to other great deals we're offering for Kindle content and accessories.
  • Also categorized in:

As an owner of four Kindles (two DX's, one touch, one Fire HD), I saw the following message:

"We're sorry. It looks like you're not eligible to receive this promotion."

Grrrrrrrrrrr!

We're sorry. It looks like you're not eligible to receive this promotion. Please check out some of our other great Kindle offers below.

Tried logging out of my account, same thing.

I've bought a bunch of KFs for myself and gifts & it say I'm not eligible, so maybe you can't have bought one before to get it? Last year I was going to wait to buy myself the HD but they had an Amazon Moms' deal for something like $50 off and it was before Christmas, so maybe there will be some other similar deals this time.

I tried my other Amazon account that I never used to buy a kindle or hardly use at all, no offer on that account either.

I've never bought one before, and I was eligible for the offer. Thanks OP. In for 1!

No go on any of my accounts. Tried on an often used account and one that has been dormant.

No go.

$20 for me

I got $20 off not $60.

Damn, nothing, maybe I already have 2 too many kindles ?

Nothing for me on either of my accounts, and I don't have any Kindles.

$40 here.

nothing here either

Never owned a Kindle (SO has a stupid crappy garbage POS Nook Color that doesn't work properly and B&N doesn't give a fat rat's ass), but no offer for me.  Too bad... I probably would have pulled the trigger on as a replacement for my SO's stupid crappy garbage POS Nook Color.

Zip. Not that I would ever buy their forked-to-hell OS, but hey.

And I have four Kindles, buy from their digital store (Amazon movies - weekly) and nothing. No loss here. They can keep them.

I have about 10+ Amazon accounts (most without kindles), none showed any offers....

I got $20 off any kindle through my in-laws account but nothing through mine. We both have kindles but their account is the paid prime account, mine is prime but only because of their paid prime. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Only difference I can think of. Oh well.

I've never bought a Kindle and it was a no go for me too! Darn it! I considered getting one, guess I'll just stick with the iPad.

Offered $20 off, with Prime, and one Kindle registered to it.

have never purchased a Kindle and it was no-go for me

I got 60 off. Maybe they saw all the unread books I have, due to fatwallet postings in the free section, and decided I needed to read them.

From Amazon ReP:

Customers who are heavy book purchasers will only be given a discount on any brand-new Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire 2nd Generation, Kindle Fire HD, or Kindle Fire HDX model. This promotion is running through 11:59 p.m. PST, October 29, 2013.

If you are eligible, you will receive the offer via e-mail with a link to the website to redeem the offer. No promotion code is required--all you have to do is sign into your account, add the eligible Kindle to your cart, and purchase the device.

Please note that, if you receive the offer link either through a deals website or from an eligible customer, you will not be able to redeem this offer. If you visit the website, you will be told that you aren't eligible for the offer, and will be directed to other great deals we're offering for Kindle content and accessories.

Got $60 off. Was waiting for the right time to get the new Paperwhite.
Thanks OP & Amazon!

Kindle Special Deals
We're sorry. It looks like you're not eligible to receive this promotion. Please check out some of our other great Kindle offers below.

Nothing for me on any browser nor any of my accounts.

$20 here. Prime and Kindle owner.

My email offered $60, however the link directed me to $20 savings. And there are 2 different expiration dates, 10/29 and 10/31.

Nada. and I would have bought a paper white for $60 off.

And I have hundreds of kindle books too.

Just curious...

Why on earth would anyone buy a Kindle when they could get a Galaxy Tab or Nexus 7?
Why would someone want to restrict themselves the stripped down Amazon Kindle app store when they could have the real deal with any other android device?
The Kindles didn't even get GPS until the HDX models.

Then there's the issue with accidental purchases. The original Kindle Fire was apparently designed to allow children to accidentally purchase things. How long did it take them to address that MAJOR issue? Even after I jumped through all the hoops, it was still possible for the kids to accidentally purchase apps with the Kindle. I haven't let them use it in quite a while, so they may have finally fixed that, but it was NEVER an issue with any other Android device.

I have a Kindle (only because it was a gift) and several other android devices and the limitations with the Kindle app store are ridiculous. There are so many apps that I'll be using on one of my other android devices and when I go to install it on the Kindle, it's just not available...REALLY?...Ugh

Maybe...just maybe worth considering for some with the additional $60 off, but I don't think so. Even there it looks like a guessing game with Amazon whether or not they're going to give you the $60 off.

Spend the same money (more or less depending on what you want) and get something with GPS (I believe the Kindle Fire HD still doesn't have GPS) and unrestricted access to the FULL (real) Android App Market.

14U2NV said:   Just curious...

Why on earth would anyone buy a Kindle when they could get a Galaxy Tab or Nexus 7?
Why would someone want to restrict themselves the stripped down Amazon Kindle app store when they could have the real deal with any other android device?

Then there's the issue with accidental purchases. The original Kindle Fire was apparently designed to allow children to accidentally purchase things. How long did it take them to address that MAJOR issue? Even after I jumped through all the hoops, it was still possible for the kids to accidentally purchase apps with the Kindle. I haven't let them use it in quite a while, so they may have finally fixed that, but it was NEVER an issue with any other Android device.

I have a Kindle (only because it was a gift) and several other android devices and the limitations with the Kindle app store are ridiculous. There are so many apps that I'll be using on one of my other android devices and when I go to install it on the Kindle, it's just not available...REALLY?...Ugh

Maybe...just maybe worth considering for some with the additional $60 off, but I don't think so. Even there it looks like a guessing game with Amazon whether or not they're going to give you the $60 off.

Spend the same money (more or less depending on what you want) and get something with GPS (I believe the Kindle Fire HD still doesn't have GPS) and unrestricted access to the FULL (real) Android App Market.

If you just want to read, e-ink devices are much better than back-lit tablets.  Paperwhites are very nice readers.  Agreed that there may be better full featured android tablets in this price range.

14U2NV said:   Why on earth would anyone buy a Kindle when they could get a Galaxy Tab or Nexus 7?

If your a serious reader or media junky, the content cost WAY outweighs the device price.  Amazon has built an eco-system of devices that work very well with their content.

Personally, I only use their epaper devices because it's much easier to read on then some backlit device.  The paperwhite is an amazing device.

$40 off on my Amazon page.page

14U2NV said:   Just curious...

I used to think that - I read some ebooks on an iPad. Their small (non-android) devices are so much better for reading. They are much lighter, glare isn't a problem, you don't have to worry about charging them every few hours, and in general they are much more convenient. For apps and "tablet" functions - that may well be a different story.

I did receive the $20 offer. I have prime, 3 separate hardware kindles linked to my account, and maybe a dozen other "non-kindle" devices. Of course I spend most of my income at Amazon, so maybe that has something to do with it...

Got the $60 offer. Have not purchased a Kindle before for whatever that's worth.

Although I don't own an e-ink device, I have used one, and I have to agree they do seem nice for strictly reading, but the 6" screen is too small. A 7-8" screen would be nice without jumping up to the DX.

BTW, I would have grabbed a 6" Kindle for $60 off $69  , but of course I got the same "We're sorry. It looks like you're not eligible to receive this promotion. Please check out some of our other great Kindle offers below" as the others...Oh well

Didn't work for me.  Darn it! 

Applied a $60 credit to my account, but i dont need a Kindle
(I have never purchased a kindle before, though i sometimes purchase the free apps for my SSG Note2)

Skipping 109 Messages...
rsrvoir said:   My account was a no go but my wife's got the $60 offer. FWIW she has the free student version of Amazon prime and at the start of this semester bought several books from Amazon.

That being said, is there a consensus on the best model to choose? E-ink, paperwhite or hd?

ETA: Also for wife's account I copied the link into a totally different browser...not sure if they are denying people based on site referrals...

Interestingly enough, 2 weeks ago my wife got the $60 off deal whereas I got nothing.  I registered the newly purchased kindle to my account and today I noticed I'd been offered the $40 off deal (expiring tonight at midnight).  Maybe they didn't as many bites as they wanted so they've expanded their nets?  Anyways, worth another check...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014