• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
You can get 1-Year Prime membership for $59+taxes.

Add a Kindle Fire HD 8GB to cart, and You should receive an option to save $20 on a prime membership.

After accepting offer, you can remove the kindle from cart.

Amazon Terms and Conditions for sharing Free or paid Amazon Prime members can share their shipping benefits with up to four additional family members living in the same household, or up to four coworkers.

(won't work if you have Mom. Need to cancel mom, then try again.)

~~~~~~~~
Credit to EmmEmm @ SD.

Member Summary

Optimus
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer

Offer Page
Thanks gizmo
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
don't forget for those who get this and need, sign up for Amazon mom for free, there was a $25 promo code when you signe... (more)

apv7 (Dec. 06, 2013 @ 7:26a) |

Yep, Free Super Saving (FSS)†is slow, so slow that it is useless and I no longer look to Amazon first.†
†† If you order wi... (more)

fatgempler (Feb. 17, 2014 @ 12:29a) |

I think (actually I know) you are right. $35 order required for free shipping (It has been that way for some time now).

MrVietnam (Feb. 17, 2014 @ 8:18a) |

Add to cart: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007T36S34††
Proceed to Check out.
OFFER IS ON THE LAST PAGE OF CHECKOUT BEFORE YOUR CARD IS CHARGED After you choose your shipping method, the offer is an entire page. It is not something you have to "look for" (see attachment). Obviously do not choose a free prime trial.
Click on Sign me up and confirm. DO NOT place an order. You are done.
You will receive an email that you now have Amazon Prime at a special rate of $59 + tax if applicable

**if you do not see the offer, log out, add to cart, then log in and checkout again. If you have attempted that a few times and still do not see it, just create a new account.

NOTE: The offer is not added to your cart as part of your order.
As soon as you click on "Sign Me Up", and confirm what it says, you are charged the $59 and your Prime Membership starts. You can cancel anytime before using the Prime benefits and receive a full refund.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

please put YMMV in title, this will not work for everyone.

Need to cancel mom,

That is mean!

Worked for me, I clicked the "Begin now" button, thinking it would take me to another page to confirm...guess I am a Prime Member now...

For those in MA, you can save 6.25% on almost everything sold by Amzon by the end of tomorrow. Tax starts on Nov. 1.

Hmm not working here.

Looks like you're not offered to extend a current Prime membership?

Worked for me. Much appreciated since Amazon increased their FSSS to $35 with the Holidays around the corner.

Never mind, worked just fine. †I needed to cancel mom first. †I didn't even know I had mom.

Rhyno2000 said:   Looks like you're not offered to extend a current Prime membership?
† Yeah, thats†a bummer.

I get a popup offer of 2 year extended service or a cover. Thats all I see, where is it you first see the prime offer?

OP is getting green, so it must be working for someone?... not me.

Thanks OP

rahlquist said:   I get a popup offer of 2 year extended service or a cover. Thats all I see, where is it you first see the prime offer?
† Continue your checkout process and you should see it come up

Thanks OP!

When my wife tried she got the popup, hit accept offer (because she thought the prime offer would go in the cart with the kindle) and poof it immediately charged her card on file. LOL

I won't give up my mom for $20.

Worked like a charm. I had just signed up for prime at the full price yesterday, so I cancelled that for a full refund. Then I dropped my mom membership and signed up for Prime again for $20 less. Thanks bittul for the heads-up....

Yes, you must continue to check process. Worked like a charm for me. Great post! Really appreciate it since, even with raise to $35 minimum, Free Super Saver shipping is SLOW. I have an order shipping today 5 days after placement. I complained to jeff@Amazon.com and they upgraded shipping to next day.

Worked. Thanks

Mine expires 11/15 so I want it. Trying a few times and not seeing it. I assume we should we be signed in on a non-prime account? I got an offer for a free trial (of course). The one with prime.. nada. Is everyone that got the offer to work on Amazon Mom or is that n/a?
Is this the right kindle, and does it matter if you choose "with offers" or without offers?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007T36S34
TIA

jerpat said:   Yes, you must continue to check process. Worked like a charm for me. Great post! Really appreciate it since, even with raise to $35 minimum, Free Super Saver shipping is SLOW. I have an order shipping today 5 days after placement. I complained to jeff@Amazon.com and they upgraded shipping to next day.
††
A little wrong IMHO. The point of ACCEPTING Super Saver Shipping is that you are will to wait for you order in exchange for free shipping.

In for one as well.

Hmmm... only if you want the Fire HD. If I do get one I want HDX, not HD. No deal for me.

SteelRing said:   Hmmm... only if you want the Fire HD. If I do get one I want HDX, not HD. No deal for me.
† Not sure I understand your comment. You don't have to buy a kindle to get the deal.

I got it to work† after cancelling "Mom".† Thanks, OP!

Thanks

No luck even after cancelling mom. Pop up offers are for origami case and 2-year extended protection.

~~billybwilde said:
"No luck even after cancelling mom. Pop up offers are for origami case and 2-year extended protection. "††

As others have said, you have to continue through the checkout process and accept the prime offer.† The prime offer NEVER showed up in my cart, I just accepted the $20 off the first year and then closed out of my browser
I received an email thanking me for joining prime for a year and telling me all about prime.†

Thanks OP, worked great!†

Worked for me just now! Thanks!!!

I don't think this works either if you have Amazon Student.

Still not for me. †Got all the way to the final page, they have a mention there of joining Amazon Prime, but for the full $79.

Worked for me as well.† Got email confirmation @ $59.
Nothing showed up during the order process until I changed the default 2 day shipping to free shipping.
That's when the offer showed up.

Thanks OP

Remember, Amazon Prime isn't just the free 2-day shipping, it also includes thousands of free video downloads from Amazon's Prime Instant Video library. It's not as broad of a selection as Netflix and won't work on portable devices other than the various models of color Kindles, but it still has a great deal of content of slightly older movies and TV shows.

Has this worked for anyone who is currently a Prime member?

Nothing, all I got was an offer for a 30 day free Prime trial. †Not currently Prime member.

Does not work

Prime Offer
Disclaimer
I got it to work This is the kindle link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007T36S34† - Non-prime account - logged in and out and tried to check out a few times with no luck. The offer shows up after the page where you choose your shipping method. There was a choice for free prime trial, I chose Standard Shipping (not sure if it matters). The offer is an entire page - it's not something you have to "look for". I accepted the offer and then didn't think anything happened, but saw the email for $59.

Thanks for bringing this over here bittul =) My current prime ends in 15 days so it was perfect timing for me.

any problem rejoining mom afterwards?

Skipping 117 Messages...
all168 said:   
emmeljay said:   i had Amazon prime for a year and at $79 it definitely did NOT pay for itself. i could never find a movie for free streaming that wasn't also on Netflix (or Hulu), and the Netflix streaming is much higher quality. at $59, if you make a lot of under-$25 orders, then maybe it's worth it.
††I think Amazon raised there minimum free shipping price to $35 now.

† I think (actually I know) you are right. $35 order required for free shipping (It has been that way for some time now).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014