Bodum clearance at JC Penney 75% off. YMMV.

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Was at Penny's today at DFW Alliance.  They were discontinuing all Bodum at 75% off.  Glasses, cups, coffee presses, water filters etc.  There was a good stock left.  Various other kitchen items and lamps were also on clearance.  Don't know if it's at all stores so YMMV.

JCPenney
Need a JCPenney coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Bodum clearance at JC Penney 75% off (25.48kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Still have some Bodum at my JCP in Oregon. Also lots and lots of Ordning in the same weird place at previous poster foun... (more)

ccarrell (Nov. 22, 2013 @ 7:45p) |

I don't think Bodum, and especially the Ordning, items fit in with the demographic shoppers in the stores around me. Per... (more)

Thisiswhaticanafford (Nov. 22, 2013 @ 8:05p) |

Same result in Jersey City: I left one grinder for someone else should they want it. There are a ton of bodum items thou... (more)

mdpom (Nov. 25, 2013 @ 6:57p) |

Staff Summary
  • JCPenney Coupons:
    AFFSHOP1
    15% off any order (expires 4/3/15 2:59am)

The smallest bodum water kettle comes with me on work trips. No paying for hotel coffee / tea

My store was only 70% off.
Use the $10 off $25 coupon to make it hotter.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-11/j-c-penney-pulls-bodum-brand-from-website-after-lawsuit.html

Bodum is currently suing JCP for breach of contract. That could be why.

70% off most, 60% off electrics.

thanks OP

I went back to buy more Bodum. The storeroom must be full because there was still quite a bit left. But while there I found Royal Doulton Mode and 1815 on sale for 75% off. Bought 10 4 piece place settings plus serving bowls and platter for less than $200.

Major Green to OP! I've been lusting after some Bodum espresso and cappuccino cups for the longest time just not at Bodum prices. First time I walked into a JCP in a decade or more. My morning espresso tastes so much better now in proper cups.

FYI while the % off signs are posted, at least at the store I was at it was not in the register (still set at 50% off). So ask for a price check before buying to ensure you get the savings.

Great deal. Picked up a bistro coffee grinder for $39 ($108 on Amazon), espresso cups for $7 (original price $25) amd a ceramic knife for $13 (original $100). Salesman said items were being reduced further. There's still a good selection of items in the store that I went to.

Chupa said:   Major Green to OP! I've been lusting after some Bodum espresso and cappuccino cups for the longest time just not at Bodum prices. First time I walked into a JCP in a decade or more. My morning espresso tastes so much better now in proper cups.

FYI while the % off signs are posted, at least at the store I was at it was not in the register (still set at 50% off). So ask for a price check before buying to ensure you get the savings.

Same for me; in-store rang at only 50% but shelf sign shows 70% off. Cashier said it happens sometimes, but we had to walk across the store for him to see the sign to verify. Lots and lots of stock at Hilltop location (Richmond, CA) and lots of electric appliance stuff, which I didn't even know they made. The intro French press (the plastic frame one called Brazil) had some stock priced at $20 and the rest at $34. I was going to buy one of those, but got the Chambord style reg $40 instead. This location even has replacement glass in stock. That is tempting as well. I may go back.

Thanks for your heads up on the sale and the $10 off $25 coupon over the weekend found amazing deals! I, too, got a ceramic knife and cups. And though I love presses for coffee, found the automatic drip coffee maker for $29 less a $10 coupon!

bodum (1.19MB)
Disclaimer
Why is this shelf empty? Because I bought everything 

Btw, I suspect their kitchen utensils are re-branded items made by Oxo.

Another tip...some of their stuff has the "old" (lower) price that their forgot to change when they marked everything up before reintroducing coupons.
The employees said that they will honor the price as marked and take 70% off the marked price.

Thanks OP! This was an awesome deal. I was at the North Riverside, IL location, and spoke with several of the employees who were all blown away by the deal. Got a 2 slice toaster for $20.

Still plenty of stuff left!

Oh, and I also hadn't been in a JCP in 10-15 years. I was pretty impressed with the modern layout, and saw some great lines including new Michael Graves stuff, and a lot of nice looking kitchen stuff. Might head back to check out more.

Thanks OP for the post, I just stopped by JCP to pick up a bunch of the Bodum products. It is a pretty good deals after the mark down and the 15% off coupon that is good for this week.

I stopped by the NYC Herald Square location today and tons of stuff still. Thanks OP!

Looks like only the Bodum electrical appliances (blenders, toasters, hand mixers, etc.)are on sale at the Herald Square location and at 60% and not 75%

The posted sign said 70% off. I got a pair of double walled glasses for $8.99 marked down from $30 (70% off) and an electric burr grinder for $38.99 marked down from $130 (70% off). The 15% off coupon stacked with the glasses (raising it to 75% off) but not the grinder (sales rep said it excludes kitchen electrics).

Got to the JCP 10 mins before closing so I didn't have much time to shop.  Some of the items were more than 75% off.  The ceramic paring knife (reg. $30) and tomato knife (reg. $42) were both marked $5.99, making them about 80% and 85% off, respectively.  I paid $64.93 + tx for 7 items and my receipt showed a total discount of $274.07 from the regular prices. 

Stopped by my JCP and they had lots of stuff left (60 and 70% off) but the original prices seemed high. The 2 pc mixing bowl set was priced $98 but what seems to be the same set on the Bodum site is $25.

wwinters said:   Stopped by my JCP and they had lots of stuff left (60 and 70% off) but the original prices seemed high. The 2 pc mixing bowl set was priced $98 but what seems to be the same set on the Bodum site is $25.
  The MSRP is ridiculously high, but there are some bargains to be found, even without the 15% off coupon that expired yesterday.  I may visit another store today to stock up on small gifts.

If you're a coffee drinker (and many Bodum enthusiasts are), I found cans of Bodum coffee down to $2.99 for an 8 ounce can. Use the newly posted $10 off $25 coupon for more fun.

Just got $167 worth of stuff for $31 withe the 10 off 25 coupon. MSRP is crazy high, but still very good deals. tons of stuff available too!

Thanks OP! Being a Bodum Coffee Press user for many years I saw this post. Wife went out this morning and called me while there. Got $445 worth of stuff. Some 80% and others 70%. 
Two replacement caraffes (different sizes)
One new large size Press (for weekends and guests) 
Toaster
Coffee Bean Burr Grinder
Some kind of Tea Infuser 
Milk Frother 
Pancake Spatula
Serving Spoon

momoman said:   
wwinters said:   Stopped by my JCP and they had lots of stuff left (60 and 70% off) but the original prices seemed high. The 2 pc mixing bowl set was priced $98 but what seems to be the same set on the Bodum site is $25.
  The MSRP is ridiculously high, but there are some bargains to be found, even without the 15% off coupon that expired yesterday.  I may visit another store today to stock up on small gifts.

Example: Burr Grinder - MSRP at JCP is $130
Amazon price is $105.49 Link  
JCP discounted price is $38.99 less whatever coupons you can apply.
MSRP may be a bit higher but not ridiculously high.
Current discounted price at JCP is ridiculously low.

There is a new $10 off $25 sticky coupon found on local newspapers today (West County Times, Oakland Tribune) valid through 11/9. I'm going back for more. I plan to buy the small hot water kettle, spare glass carafes and maybe a burr grinder.
I wanted the hand mixer, but it is remarkably heavy and not well-balanced (and only 60% off when I was there last Sat.).

Tarf said:   
momoman said:   

Example: Burr Grinder - MSRP at JCP is $130
Amazon price is $105.49 Link   
JCP discounted price is $38.99 less whatever coupons you can apply.
MSRP may be a bit higher but not ridiculously high.
Current discounted price at JCP is ridiculously low.

PS MSRP stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which is not always the same as regular price. In your example of the burr grinder at Amazon, their MSRP is $185 and their selling price is $105.49.

Tonight I noticed that they dropped the price on the electric blade grinder from $11.99 to $4.99. Amazon's price is $40.66. Link

Went to my local JCPenney's today (Chesapeake, VA)...I felt like I hit the mother load. It took a lot of will power to not walk out with one of everything....Everything was 80% off.

does any one have the  $10\$25 coupon used receipt because it $10$25 coupon says it doesnt work on kitchen electronics if i use the coupon if it doesnt work i will show the proof to the cashier  ,thank you

Bought the Pebo vacuum coffee maker tonight for $17 out the door. Amazon price is $110

Employees said that there's a store wide sale this Friday the 8th.

My sister took her receipts back to JCP and they gave her a price adjustment the get the reduced clearance prices.

What if I went around town buying all of JCP's Bodum inventory. And then rent a kiosk at the mall to resell it during the holiday season (have family staff it).
Would I get sued by Bodum?

No, but you might get beat up by FWers who have yet to shop at JCP.

i went back for more last night and noticed the pricing had changed.  Signs stated 70-80% off, but the glassware and mugs were only at 55% off and 12 cup Chambord was $60 now $19.99. I bought stainless steel travel presses reg $50 now $9.99 and used $10 off $25 coupons to bring them under $7 each. 

Check out the very nice Bodum CERAMIC KNIVES, they were 70% off last I checked. Got the Chef's  and the Santoku on 2 sep orders for $19.99 each ac. (they are $45 on Amazon).

Don't forget JCP has a 7 day price adjustment policy. The manager agreed to give me a refund for the difference reflecting the new round of clearance.

Don't let them try to tell you they don't do adjustments on clearance items. Employees gave me a lot of push back but just be persistent.

gd78 said:   What if I went around town buying all of JCP's Bodum inventory. And then rent a kiosk at the mall to resell it during the holiday season (have family staff it).
Would I get sued by Bodum?

Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and Bodum will award you the contract that JCP is in breach of

THANKS OP for pointing this out!!

Daughter bought a bunch of electrics in same matching color for future use when she gets own place Stand mixer, blender, immersion blender, toaster, bowls, hand mixer, some utensils, storage containers, kettle, she's excited! Not a coffee drinker though lol

Thisiswhaticanafford said:   THANKS OP for pointing this out!!

Daughter bought a bunch of electrics in same matching color for future use when she gets own place Stand mixer, blender, immersion blender, toaster, bowls, hand mixer, some utensils, storage containers, kettle, she's excited! Not a coffee drinker though lol

Just curious, what color did your daughter choose? I noticed that there a lots of green items left at the local JCP store.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Check out the very nice Bodum CERAMIC KNIVES, they were 70% off last I checked. Got the Chef's  and the Santoku on 2 sep orders for $19.99 each ac. (they are $45 on Amazon).
  My wife  texted me that the chef's knife is now 19.99 before coupon.

momoman said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Check out the very nice Bodum CERAMIC KNIVES, they were 70% off last I checked. Got the Chef's  and the Santoku on 2 sep orders for $19.99 each ac. (they are $45 on Amazon).
  My wife  texted me that the chef's knife is now 19.99 before coupon.

No it's not. It's $12.99

Skipping 96 Messages...
Same result in Jersey City: I left one grinder for someone else should they want it. There are a ton of bodum items though, but just one green grinder.

Don't bother calling, the jerk on the line said they had none.  I just got the burr grinder because that's all I needed. I'll leave the rest to anyone who needs it. =)

Happy holidays!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014