• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Rocksmith
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is worth it just to get the cable!!

As an added bonus, this includes the cable, and the cable is compatible with the PC as well.

GREAT find, OP.

Good deal, thanks

Got one... Ship to store. Thanks OP!

I been looking for a spare, sweet. In for one!

Is there any reason to spend $60 more to get the more recent Rocksmith 2014 edition?  

mistadeal said:   Is there any reason to spend $60 more to get the more recent Rocksmith 2014 edition?  

You can get 2014 without the cable for $59 and this one WITH the cable for $7.99, so you are still below the $79 cost of the 2014 with cable. 

awesome! I got one. It also gave me free shipping to my home. One more x-mas present crossed off the list!

anton73 said:   
mistadeal said:   Is there any reason to spend $60 more to get the more recent Rocksmith 2014 edition?  

You can get 2014 without the cable for $59 and this one WITH the cable for $7.99, so you are still below the $79 cost of the 2014 with cable. 

Hence the reason I said "$60 more" ($59.99+$7.99). My question still stands.

mistadeal said:   
anton73 said:   

What exactly do you want to know?  If you want the newer version, with the newer songs, buy it.

In 4 1. Thx

parmenides said:   
mistadeal said:   
anton73 said:   

What exactly do you want to know?  If you want the newer version, with the newer songs, buy it.

Is there any specific feature in the new version (aside from just new songs) that is worth the difference?  Did they fix the lag issues people were complaining about?  Those types of things, not just the new songs.  

Xbox version is sold out

PS3 version OOS

inhoso69 said:   Xbox version is sold out
  It said sold out, but it let me add to cart and ship to store for free.  I wonder if it will get cancelled.

Just purchased one each of the PS3 and Xbox version. Not showing OOS.

I wouldn't bet on it including the cable.

mistadeal said:   
parmenides said:   
mistadeal said:   
anton73 said:   

Is there any specific feature in the new version (aside from just new songs) that is worth the difference?  Did they fix the lag issues people were complaining about?  Those types of things, not just the new songs.  

They claimed to have fixed the lag issues in the 2014 edition.

I can't say whether or not they have overstated the improvement, but I can say that the lag in the original was pretty bad in my experience.

EDIT TO ADD: For those experiencing lag issues, I would recommend playing through an amp with the Realtone Cable going from the output jack on your amp's effects loop to the USB port on your game console.

There will still be some sound overlap & delay issues between what is coming out of the amp speaker & what is coming out of the TV sound system, but the instant auditory feedback from the amp will make the lag much easier to deal with.

GreenTrash said:   I wouldn't bet on it including the cable.
 Product Features
Enjoy the most authentic guitar experience in music gaming with an actual, real guitar
Includes an 11.25', exclusively designed 1/4"-to-USB cable that allows you to plug any real guitar with a 1/4" jack into your Xbox 360 (guitar not included)
Cable converts the guitar's signal from analog to digital, allowing it to be recognized and played through consoles for the first time
Develop actual guitar skills and learn real styles while playing music
Progress from plucking individual notes to strumming complex chords with dozens of difficulty levels that automatically adjust to your personal ability so you won't become overwhelmed
Play tunes from the massive song library compiled from different music genres
Learn how to properly play songs from memory when Rocksmith challenges you to remove yourself from the notes on screen
Unlock fun mini games to polish specific skills

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.