• 14567 8
  • Page
  • Text Only
Did trade in at N. Attleboro, MA store and received an electronics trade in card for $200. Had to go to Lincoln, RI to buy a 32 GB WiFi Air. Final $421 out the door with the Red Card. Good deal, I thought

Wondering why folks are not doing the buy at Staples:
- Same price
- 5% back in Staples Rewards
- If you have Staples Rewards certificate(s), you get to use it and reduce the pre-tax price (ie., less taxes to pay)
- Help bump up your qualification for Plus/Premier levels from Basic
- Extended warranty if bought through Amex/Discover, plus Discover 5% CB for online purchases

Agreed that the Target 5% is immediate, but other than that, I don't see any other benefit.

Just wondering....

indoflyer said:   Wondering why folks are not doing the buy at Staples:
- Same price
- If you have Staples Rewards certificate(s), you get to use it and reduce the pre-tax price (ie., less taxes to pay)
- Extended warranty if bought through Amex/Discover, plus Discover 5% CB for online purchases

Agreed that the Target 5% is immediate, but other than that, I don't see any other benefit.

Just wondering....

Staple has $200 buy back ?

Just did the trade at the Santa Ana Store, called ahead this morning when they opened, they had two 16 white and one 64 in stock. Went in at 10am and got the last 16.

vijujoshi said:   
indoflyer said:   Wondering why folks are not doing the buy at Staples:
- Same price

Just wondering....

Staple has $200 buy back ?

No. I meant, take the $200 from Target, but buy the iPad from Staples.

called Target here in SoCal and they have the giftcards and accept the iPad 1st gen but the guy said it was a Target GC and they are out of stock on the Minis.

bought 4 ipads from nextworth for $144 each on eBay....traded in for $800 to nextworth today....nice week

Just traded in my 1st generation iPad 64gb 3G for the $200. Great deal for 1st gen owners in my book. Thanks, OP!

Is this the reason why iPad mini is discounted everywhere and Target is offering the deal? In another few months, it will be new iPad mini? iPad Air is sold out everywhere. I called 20 stores

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57611525/ipad-mini-2-reporte...

Traded the ipad in and got one of those electronic cards-was told I could use it in conjunction with my red card-but of course that does not work!

bentlax33 said:   bought 4 ipads from nextworth for $144 each on eBay....traded in for $800 to nextworth today....nice week
  You're welcome.  Color blind too apparently.  Oh that's right this was "nationally advertised".

Dublin Ca. Traded in two ipad ones for $400 in Target (store wide) giftcards. No requirement to buy anything! Ordered 2 ipad airs from WalMart.com...great deal!

I got the $200 gift card from Target for an Ipad 1, but they don't sell the phones and tablets I want (Google Nexus). Is there any way to use the card at a different store?

No iPad to trade in.... At meijer on thanksgiving day will have a special on buying the iPad AIR get $100 To spent in your next shopping trip or $80 if you purchase an iPad mini..... 

http://meijer.shoplocal.com/meijersneakpeek/browsebypage/index/?...

Well, I just tried this at my local Target here in Florida. The employee told me that they aren't giving out gift cards anymore as they don't have an actual license to buy the iPads. Said I had to buy a new iPad (which I already have the new Air), I couldn't wait for the mini retina and I had to use it today. He said if I didn't want a new iPad I could use it in the electronics section only. That sucks because this is a good deal. Oh well...

Took 1st generation to Tucson Target. City pawnshop law prevented direct trade in. Two options presented by helpful staff: go to store outside city limits or do paperwork now and mail in iPad with provided prepaid ups shipping label. Chose latter. Bought Air w/red card. Will receive $200 card by mail, in time for Xmas shopping.

There was a huge stack of iPad 1's sitting on the counter when I arrived and a couple more people were behind me with iPad 1's.  Who is taking the hit on this?  The third party company? How are they going to recoup this?  I'm confused how this works for them.  

The card is NOT a gift card.  The Electronic Trade In Card is actually a PREPAID CREDIT CARD.  I tried to use it online and I had to call in order to understand how to use it.  The rep told me to put the info into the credit card field and the security code is the last three digits down in the bottom right corner.  I suppose it would have worked on any website.

aadam101 said:   There was a huge stack of iPad 1's sitting on the counter when I arrived and a couple more people were behind me with iPad 1's.  Who is taking the hit on this?  The third party company? How are they going to recoup this?  I'm confused how this works for them.  

The card is NOT a gift card.  The Electronic Trade In Card is actually a PREPAID CREDIT CARD.  I tried to use it online and I had to call in order to understand how to use it.  The rep told me to put the info into the credit card field and the security code is the last three digits down in the bottom right corner.  I suppose it would have worked on any website.

You suppose wrong.

anyone tried to pricematch microcenter/

Great deal OP. I had five iPad 1's to trade. Ended up swapping one of them for a 32GB iPad2 wifi+3G with a girl in line. About half in line were trading in 2's. I think I can squeeze another $50 out of this deal on that one. Several in line had 2's, if I had more time I would have tried more in line swapping.

Can you buy non-Target giftcards with the tradein giftcard. I asked someone at the service desk and said that it couldn't be used to buy Visa giftcards, but he thought it could be used on some of the other vendor specific cards. He didn't know for sure.

kmand said:   Can you buy non-Target giftcards with the tradein giftcard. I asked someone at the service desk and said that it couldn't be used to buy Visa giftcards, but he thought it could be used on some of the other vendor specific cards. He didn't know for sure.
Target policy is that you can't use Target gift cards for pre-paid card. The only thing stopping you is the cashier.  Plenty of posts about people buying prepaid amex cards with it.

Also, I would argue this card is a bit of a grey area. It's not quite a Target gift card, not quite a pre-paid Mastercard. 

Did this happen to anybody else? I went into Target on the last day, and instead of a gift card, the employee gave me a piece of paper with the words:

Targettradeinprogram.com
[promo code]

There was no spot to plug in the promo code before the third page of navigation (so my offer was still $65), and an email to lenovotradein@nextworth.com gave me an error. The employee said this is how you get the $200 since I told him I thought doing this thing online would mean $65 only. I've contacted Target directly as well, but did I just get screwed out of the deal? Should I contact BBB?

Phew. Picked up my fifth iPad 1 on Saturday at 7:25 pm and hightailed it to Target knowing that the Mobile guys and gals leave at 8pm. Got in the door at 7:45, only to stand in line for an hour behind two people doing phone swaps/activations. This was the third Target to be slowed to a snail's pace with the simplest of cell phone processes. I don't understand how they intend to handle a regular volume of people looking to purchase phone service there if it takes nearly 45 minutes to swap out one phone.

Target BF ad just posted in HD shows iPad mini for $299 plus $75 giftcard. Does not specify, so I assume original mini.

I strongly recommend against getting the non-retina mini (or original mini). it is just a smaller ipad 2 and will be next on the chopping block for obsolescence when Apple decided to come out with a new iOS. Since the new iPhone features 64-bit architecture, you can see that they're still pushing the envelope and will likely continue making the iOS environment more processor hungry. People already report that iOS is somewhat sluggish on iPhone 4 and iPad 2. I would hate for many to "invest" in a mini only to find themselves wanting to trade it in next year. The only saving grace, I suppose, is that if you traded your 1 in for $200, the BF deal would make a mini cost a net of $25 + tax (on the whole amount). A bit less if you buy with Target Red or discounted gift cards.

I recommend getting the Air, or if you're price conscious, find a store that still has iPad 4 on sale for $479.99.

Also, if you're buying a new iPad with your trade-in money, be conscious of how much space the new iOS and a handful of Retina apps takes up. I checked out the sample Air at Best Buy last week. With a handful of apps (Garage Band, Pages, Keynote, Numbers, and some games) the iPad only had 3-4 gigs left. Note that it didn't have any music on it. That's not a lot. Most people I know are opting for the 32 gb iPad Air, as it will be a bit more future-proof. In fact, one could argue that Apple is twisting your arm to get you to fork over the extra $100. You can get an Air for $499, but it's a bit handicapped if you use your iPad frequently. They're quietly, and effectively, setting a new entry price point of $599.

I'm looking at the $200 Trade-In card that I got for my iPad 1 and see that this is valid until 11/22 after which I would need to get a replacement card. (The funds never expire though)

I'm only thinking about this because this could trip me up for waiting for Black Friday 11/30. A replacement card may not come until after that.

Might a good strategy be to use the trade-in card to buy another Target gift card and use that at a better time of my choosing?

n00ber said:   I'm looking at the $200 Trade-In card that I got for my iPad 1 and see that this is valid until 11/22 after which I would need to get a replacement card. (The funds never expire though)

I'm only thinking about this because this could trip me up for waiting for Black Friday 11/30. A replacement card may not come until after that.

Might a good strategy be to use the trade-in card to buy another Target gift card and use that at a better time of my choosing?

November 2022

BloatedElvis said:   
n00ber said:   I'm looking at the $200 Trade-In card that I got for my iPad 1 and see that this is valid until 11/22 after which I would need to get a replacement card. (The funds never expire though)

November 2022

Shucks.. mine's only valid till 01/22!!!

BloatedElvis said:   

November 2022

Shucks.. mine's only valid till 01/22!!!

There is no waiting. Anytime you use your Target Trade-In MC after the expiration date on the back the balance (if any) automatically goes on a regular Target GC.

so when will they be getting the mini retina?

sdfasdfasdfasd2wer said:   so when will they be getting the mini retina?
  Soon, I hope, as Apple released it today...

So I traded in the first gen IPad and got the $200 trade-in cards. Since I only want to buy the last year IPad Mini, which is $299 on Target.com at the time with $25 GC promo while the store price was $329 for some reason. As someone pointed out, the trade-in card used like a Master card but since you can only enter 1 credit card for the order online, there is no way to pay the difference. So I called the number on the back of the trade-in card and the reps suggested me to buy a $200 Target e-GiftCard with it. So I did that, goes to Target.com thru Upromise (5% CashBack), use the e-giftcard in combination of the Target red card (5% discount).

So the cost of my IPad mini is roughly $70 out of pocket plus the old IPad including all the cashbard/giftcard

successful return my ipad 4 32gb for the full refund today, they even refund me the $200 trade-in to my credit card...total refund to card is $557.81. and I still have the $40 Target gift card!

We had pawnlaw in the county, as a result had to ship ipads (did a few)... wont be getting the GC's in time for Black friday deal ($100 Target GC), what do you guys recommend I should do such that, when my GC's come I can use it or cash out and still be able to get the BF deal. Original plan was to use money (from Trade-in) to buy ipad air (if in time for BF). $100 GC for BF is good deal but I want to use my trade-in GC somehow or cash it out.
I went through this whole 8 pages couple times, all I see is one option of using getmybalance, but that site does not let me register or anything.. so how to convert to CC equivalent?

Still have my trade in $200 gift card waiting for the BF weekend $75 GC on the $299 Ipad mini. WalMart gives a $100 GC on the $299 mini. Any chance Target would match that?

Anyone used this as a master card outside Target? I tried to use it, but it kept on rejecting.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014