• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Also in coupon wallet!

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?

Fry (112.23kB)
Disclaimer
There's a coupon up on http://www.staples.com/coupons    for $10 off a $10 or more purchase of Swiffer products.  Print now before they change their mind?  5-digit coupon code 71397

Edit to add: Expiration date 11/9/2013. In store only, not online.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The coupon has been changed by Staples to $3 off of $10.

bertgold (Nov. 05, 2013 @ 11:52a) |

Why are you telling this to us?  Should we ignore the many FW'S (including me) for whom the coupon worked?  this has ZER... (more)

daddyweiss (Nov. 06, 2013 @ 4:25p) |

Common sense would  tell you that if they don't honor a price match even though they say they will because they lose mon... (more)

bluediamond2077 (Nov. 07, 2013 @ 4:02p) |

• Also categorized in:

Can this be used more than once from one rewards account?

The problem is which ones to buy...

bissel swiffer steam boost refills and duster kit all for $3.98 W/coupon! almost bought the steam boost refills tonight at WalMart for $10, Thanks OP!

do you have to go in the store? Can't buy it online?

We have to go to store.

nhaner said:   Can this be used more than once from one rewards account?
  yes.  Its a 5-digit coupon, you can use it as many times as your cashier/store is willing.

fsu67 said:   bissel swiffer steam boost refills and duster kit all for $3.98 W/coupon! almost bought the steam boost refills tonight at WalMart for $10, Thanks OP!
$1.00/1 Swiffer Bissell Steamboost Refill, Any (Excludes Trial/Travel Size; Limit Of 4 Like Coupons Per Household Per Day) - 10-13-13 RP

Don't forget the 15% coupon in this week's ad.

Good luck finding any Swiffer products in Staples B&Ms. Most clearanced Swiffer branded products out months ago.

Went to my local store first thing in the morning. The cashier said it had to be ONE item over $10 :'( It looked like there was some internal memo since he glanced at some paper right after seeing the Swiffers

Can we use this at Office Depot?

Good news is the coupon worked on any total over $10.
Bad news is it took off only $3.
Good news is the manager overrode, no questions asked.
Manager also did several transactions.
Did not attempt coupon on any $3+ item.

All items rang up at shelf price. The basic duster kit rang up $4.49 instead of $4.99, throwing my total off. By this time, the manager did not care. Randomly priced it at 14c, and I
was out of there.

Thanks OP!
Bought 2 swiffer refills $5.29 each. When they rang up the coupon it only took $1.50 off, the manager said the coupon was being weird so he re-scanned the items and manually took $5 of each. $0.62 in the end!

I was shot down at 2 Staples trying to use it... I tried buying 2 steam refills at $8.99 ea and tried to use only 1 coupon... they wouldn't take it

delete

firstplacerealty said:   I was shot down at 2 Staples trying to use it... I tried buying 2 steam refills at $8.99 ea and tried to use only 1 coupon... they wouldn't take it
  is there a reason why they shot it down?  i got these coupons from my email.

The reason they gave which didn't go along with what the coupon stated... they said item had to be over $10.00 in price, even though coupon wording says $10 off purchase not item. They also stated they were informed by corporate not to override the register.

firstplacerealty said:   The reason they gave which didn't go along with what the coupon stated... they said item had to be over $10.00 in price, even though coupon wording says $10 off purchase not item. They also stated they were informed by corporate not to override the register.
$10 off $10 or more, but did you find anything exactly $10?

The coupon states $10 of Swiffer purchase and no more than 1 coupon per item... I attempted to purchase 3 Swiffer steam refills @ $8.99 ea $26.97 and then use 2 coupons... which would of made it $6.97 plus tax for 3 packs. My 2 locations only had these nothing else Swiffer.

now i see that the disclaimer said one coupon per item.

"Valid in Staples® U.S. stores only. Discount applies to Swiffer® products only. Minimum purchase requirement must be met with purchases to which no other coupon or instant savings offer applies. Tax is not included in calculating the minimum purchase. Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax. Coupon not valid if purchased or sold and must be surrendered. No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples® Procurement or Convenience Cards."

But I had 3 items and only 2 coupons...

linrick said:   now i see that the disclaimer said one coupon per item.

"Valid in Staples® U.S. stores only. Discount applies to Swiffer® products only. Minimum purchase requirement must be met with purchases to which no other coupon or instant savings offer applies. Tax is not included in calculating the minimum purchase. Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax. Coupon not valid if purchased or sold and must be surrendered. No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples® Procurement or Convenience Cards."

Meaningless dribble in many cases over the years with Staples coupons.

I got the Swiffer starter kit for $12.99.  Coupon only took off $3.  SM printed memo which said 'select products' and said the starter kit must not be one of the products.  Its the only item they carry that's >$10.  He said it might be only one in that store.  Will try another store.

not worth the gas. Last time I went to Staples they screwed around also and didn't price match for me even though they should have. They called wal mart got a price and said well we would lose money so no price matching.

My Staples told me it was an error and offered 3 off 10. Didn't have time to speak to the manager and explain it is still in my coupon wallet on their site!

There were 3 other moms with kids trying to use the coupon at the same time and they would not take "no" for an answer.

Manager just did a price match guarantee to take $10 off

I had total success!  Some stores carry cleaning supplies and some do not. The store in Ventura, CA does not.

My success is in Oxnard, CA. 

I explained that the coupon needs an override and that the register is taking only $3 off. I explained that I went to a "deal" website & that Staples had the best deal of the day! I thanked them for this.

You can buy multiple items to equal or exceed $10. The Oxnard store allowed me to create 4 transactions with my 4 coupons. I am VERY VERY pleased.
The sweet & patient salesperson explained to me that someone tried to use the coupon with a $9.99 item and was denied (for obvious reasons).
My transactions took about 10 minutes. I told her & the manager who had to do the overrides that I will actually do the survey at the bottom of each receipt. I will say nice things. I will, it's true. 

My 20-something kids have moved out. My Mom is on a fixed income. These Swiffer cleaning products will be Stocking Stuffers. (I know, they really don't fit in the stockings. It is just fun, to open extra presents.)

Anyways, Thank You OP!

My coupon only says $3 off $3

jabu321 said:   My coupon only says $3 off $3
  Yep, they took it down.

dhilpert said:   
jabu321 said:   My coupon only says $3 off $3
  Yep, they took it down.

They updated the coupon under Staples.com/coupons,  same coupon code.

The one under coupon wallet still shows $10 off $10+, but also the same coupon code, so it should only take off $3 at the register regardless which coupon you use.

Manager gave me the $10 off!

Manager refuse to honor the coupon. It took only $3 off.

Cashier @ Pleasant Hill, CA store called manager over (she said under her breath "we have another one") to explain it was a misprint- he said should've read "$3 off". The products I had didn't matter. There was no other discussion, just a blank stare after that, so I just canceled the transaction and moved on...

now $3 off of $10

I called Staples this morning and they said it is definatley a typographical error and they are not honoring the coupon. They claim it is set up correctly in their systems to only take $3 off $10 so if you got to store it will ONLY take $3 off and managers are aware they can't overide.

Saw this on the App yesterday, used 5.

Skipping 5 Messages...
Common sense would  tell you that if they don't honor a price match even though they say they will because they lose money that they won't honor giving away free swiffers.  
Staples is not a very good company that does what is right as you can see from the many many posts above where they would only take off $3 off $10. Just because you have one store that gave you free things doesn't mean the rest do.  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014