• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

computer
Disclaimer
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/satellite-15-6-laptop-4gb-memory-500...


the promise of gifting a few laptops away just got a bit less expensive for me. Looking around the price is quite a bit higher at all the other usual vendors

Model: C55-A5300

•Windows 8 64-bit
•Technical details: Intel® Celeron® processor; 15.6" display; 4GB memory; 500GB hard drive
•Special features: HDMI output

Member Summary

Toshiba - Satellite 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The C55-A5300 is no longer on the website.

yesidonoitall (Dec. 28, 2013 @ 7:02p) |

Check this on Bestbuy site.

kareddy006 (Dec. 30, 2013 @ 12:34p) |

sold out

wtfu (Dec. 30, 2013 @ 3:15p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

awesome for the money. this is a new celeron not the old old old ones. this will be more than enough to stream, Skype, email and do homework on. also super easy to upgrade the ram and harddrive to get a boost. green!

cpu benchmark 1740 not bad for the price.

Nice deal, thanks.

Can I install windows7 on it? Thanks.

qzhang4041 said:   Can I install windows7 on it? Thanks.
  yes indeed! you can even contact microsoft to give you a copy of win7 i think. ill see if i can find the link

edit

found it

http://lifehacker.com/5974318/downgrade-your-new-windows-8-compu...

iLetTheDogsOut said:   
qzhang4041 said:   Can I install windows7 on it? Thanks.
  yes indeed! you can even contact microsoft to give you a copy of win7 i think. ill see if i can find the link

edit

found it

http://lifehacker.com/5974318/downgrade-your-new-windows-8-compu... 


Thats for 8 pro.
p
 

  

In for one.
Thanks OP.

tougher said:   
iLetTheDogsOut said:   
qzhang4041 said:   Can I install windows7 on it? Thanks.
  yes indeed! you can even contact microsoft to give you a copy of win7 i think. ill see if i can find the link

edit

found it

http://lifehacker.com/5974318/downgrade-your-new-windows-8-compu...  


Thats for 8 pro.
p

  

  whooo dang youre right. of course the machine will take windows 7 but you would have to have a copy to install on the machine.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....regardless of the price, go try it out in store before you buy it

lordoffire said:   I've said it before and I'll say it again....regardless of the price, go try it out in store before you buy it
  at this price it may be more of an order it and return it if it sucks situation. or flip it on CL


Thanks OP my wife purchased this a few days ago for $279.99. We called in and was promptly refunded $50.00.

iLetTheDogsOut said:   
lordoffire said:   I've said it before and I'll say it again....regardless of the price, go try it out in store before you buy it
  at this price it may be more of an order it and return it if it sucks situation. or flip it on CL

  $230 + tax, you're not going to be able to sell it for much more than that if at even

lordoffire said:   
  $230 + tax, you're not going to be able to sell it for much more than that if at even

  
That has not been my experience.  I have a CL buyer who regularly purchases similar low-end Toshibas from me... as many as I can get my hands on, and at a reasonable margin for me.



 

This is pretty nice really. with 4GB RAM and 500GB memory. Great!

Good price!

Be very careful and do a lot of research if you plan on downgrading to Windows 7. MS doesn't make the drivers for many computers in the Win 7 version. Trust me, I've tried.
Not all computers come with downgrade rights, so be sure to do a bit of research before you try this out or buy your new Windows 8 computer. It can be a bit of a hassle, but it's a nice option if you really want to keep using Windows 7. Hit the link to see the full step-by-step process.P

Are you saying Microsoft refunded you $50 after you called them and asked them for Windows 7?

eh, in for 1.

Thank you OP for pointing this out. Had been debating on getting a new laptop, I can justify at this price and to learn Windows 8...


special deals
Disclaimer
Thanks OP. I just purchased one. As a previous posted mentioned you can get a free pair of Skullcandy headphones. They are marked as 59.99, but show up as $0.00 when placed in your cart. Also, there is a list of additional special offers that you can add to your cart before checking out.  See attached image...

There is no need to downgrade to windows 7. Just install an app to get your start menu back and have it boot directly to desktop, and you won't even notice it's windows 8 (other then the speed enhancements)

FYI, I had a $25 back on a $250 purchase on my Amex Blue available, which basically pays for the tax.....I had to buy a $5 gc to put it over the $250 range.

Do you think I can purchase the laptop with the headphones and when they arrive, return the laptop for refund and keep the headphones?

clb4g9 said:   FYI, I had a $25 back on a $250 purchase on my Amex Blue available, which basically pays for the tax.....I had to buy a $5 gc to put it over the $250 range.
  Thread:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1310320/ 

Free Headphone is not working anymore...  It was free just about 10 minute ago.

Never mind, it's working on the last page.

Since I didn't read this thread more carefully, I had to re-order to get the freebies and then the credit card fraud department called lol

Great deal, One less thing to worry about on BF

Thanks OP! $254 for San Francisco pickup. Less 1.5% Cash Back and $25 Amex Twitter = $225 all in including headphones!

in for one... cheaper than a chromebook... free headphones... xmas list is 2 people lighter!

ouch this is a horrible cpu in terms of benchmark performance

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Celeron+1037U+%40+...

iLetTheDogsOut said:   Also
Link to Free Skullcandy Hesh 2.0 Headphones  
and
Link to 6 Months Free Cloud Storage 

  Thanks for pointing this out!  Just ordered mine with the free headphones, green for you and green for the OP!

carsonsig said:   in for one... cheaper than a chromebook... free headphones... xmas list is 2 people lighter!
  I'm not a Celeron fan -- not familiar with performance of new ones -- but this must be way better than a Chromebook.  I honestly don't understand the value prop of one of those.

sidewinder33625 said:   ouch this is a horrible cpu in terms of benchmark performance

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Celeron+1037U+%40+...

  If you notice the CPUs above are all i7s, the difference is of course dismal, but this Celeron should be good for day to day tasks like surfing, streaming video, music, etc.

I sold a similarly spec'd laptop 6 months ago for $200 used on craigslist. It was 2+ years old at the time. It worked perfectly fine for all of my day-to-day tasks. For $230, this is plenty of computer for most people for the next few years.

russ0519 said:   There is no need to downgrade to windows 7. Just install an app to get your start menu back and have it boot directly to desktop, and you won't even notice it's windows 8 (other then the speed enhancements)
  
Agreed!
"Start Menu 8" I think is the best free one I have come across and the latest version is 8.1 compatible
 

Thanks OP. Just ordered one of these for my wife. I prefer Classic Shell as a start menu replacement.

Barabhas said:   
sidewinder33625 said:   ouch this is a horrible cpu in terms of benchmark performance

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Celeron+1037U+%40+...

  If you notice the CPUs above are all i7s, the difference is of course dismal, but this Celeron should be good for day to day tasks like surfing, streaming video, music, etc.

  
The CPU is better compared on this page of "mid-high range" processors:

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/mid_range_cpus.html

Skipping 212 Messages...
sold out



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014