Member Summary

PetSmart (22.11kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer

Pet Smart Black Friday Ad (157.56kB)
Thanks Ayla
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Has someone verified one way or the other if there's a coupon at the register?

Leftcoast (Nov. 29, 2013 @ 8:51a) |

Never done Black Fridays, or any other Holiday shopping madness for like oh say 30-35 years or so. Avoid malls like the... (more)

sc69 (Nov. 29, 2013 @ 10:49a) |

We were there first thing this morning, no bonus bucks on the Tidy Cat.  The litter Bonus Bucks are on Fresh Step this y... (more)

MassageByEd (Nov. 29, 2013 @ 11:48a) |

Thank you!

Some very nice sales, will definitely be stocking up on cat litter.  I hope they do the $5.00 coupon printout at the register like they did last year.

Thank you!

yes the cat litter is the focus once again this year, wonder if i can beat my 14 tub record.  that price would be awesome if they have the $5 coupon inside, but looking at the picture i dont think it does.

Thank you.

Hi! I'm a pet lover too! Thanks for this awesome post!

pjws3 said:   yes the cat litter is the focus once again this year, wonder if i can beat my 14 tub record.  that price would be awesome if they have the $5 coupon inside, but looking at the picture i dont think it does.

On page 3 of the ad, it mention the Bonus Bucks - Buy Now, Save $5 later.  I'm not sure if this is the same $5 at the register as last year, but I'm hopeful that it is.  If so, then I will be the jerk again this year buying cat litter one at a time, getting my $5 off on each, and holding up the line.

Woot!  All Reptiles are on sale for 50% off!

Now I can get that Chameleon that I've always wanted ...

My 2 cats, 2 dogs, a parakeet and I say Thanks, time4deals.

I'm very excited about the cat litter. I also hope they have the $5 coupon like last year. I found a $2 peelie for Tidy Cats months ago at WalMart and grabbed a bunch waiting for the perfect deal.

MelissaAnne said:   I'm very excited about the cat litter.

Interesting.  So what gets you so evcited about gravel that cats defecate in?  Just curious ...

5 for $4 Select Tropical Fish could be decent. Problem is my PETsMART is always sold out of the good ones. To supply the entire chain with a decent amount of sale fish is apparently not easy.

Need to replenish my tank so maybe I'll take a trip on BF. Since their BF sale is actually on BF maybe I'll have a chance.

Looking to get into tropical fish...this is a good deal. I hope they have a nice selection.

I wonder how the stores will handle this though as there is usually only one or two employees dipping out fish. Imagine 20 people wanting dozens of fish, and different varieties on top of that.

I think I may just tell 'em I want 10 of each of them. :lol:

bibbs68 said:   Looking to get into tropical fish...this is a good deal. I hope they have a nice selection.

I wonder how the stores will handle this though as there is usually only one or two employees dipping out fish. Imagine 20 people wanting dozens of fish, and different varieties on top of that.

Make sure you have your tank cycled before adding any fish.  You should probably get started now.

It's always a bit sad to see the employees trying to catch the fish.  Even in a tank with no decorations I've observed many have serious trouble, fish ending up flopping on the floor and a few other bad things.  Unfortunately all the LFS (local fish stores) in this area were driven out by the chains so PETsMART is about the only real choice.

bru20 said:   
bibbs68 said:   Looking to get into tropical fish...this is a good deal. I hope they have a nice selection.

Make sure you have your tank cycled before adding any fish.  You should probably get started now.

It's always a bit sad to see the employees trying to catch the fish.  Even in a tank with no decorations I've observed many have serious trouble, fish ending up flopping on the floor and a few other bad things.  Unfortunately all the LFS (local fish stores) in this area were driven out by the chains so PETsMART is about the only real choice.

I order all my fish online. UPS is nice enough to put holes in the boxes so the fish can breath.

DUDSTER said:   
MelissaAnne said:   I'm very excited about the cat litter.

Interesting.  So what gets you so evcited about gravel that cats defecate in?  Just curious ...

Because then they can defecate on it for half the price!

I missed last year's deal on the Fluval tank which is way better than their BF for this year.

thanks bru20 and sjepps.

I've been keeping African Cichligs for the past 8 years. While I do enjoy them, I'm ready for a change. My 75 gal. aquarium is already cycled so I'm good there.

I usually order online but for the price, I just can't justify it this time, and PETsMART is our only freshwater store locally.

Did they have deals on any other cat litters last year? I use Feline Pine and another one whose name I can't remember right now, and would love to get a deal. Thanks

Happy to see I'm not the only one that gets excited about kitty litter! (well, at least cheap kitty litter!) The PETsMART website has a picture showing items that have the $5 bonus and it doesn't look like the Tidy Cat is part of it this year, however the price is lower than last year. Pet Smart bonus bucks

Just curious. Is the store packed with people on BF? Are there a lot of people actually waiting to get in at 7 am?

LiZaDaisy said:   Just curious. Is the store packed with people on BF? Are there a lot of people actually waiting to get in at 7 am?
No people, just dogs.  All the people are across the street at Best Buy.    

Does anyone know if there will be limit on the litter?

categories in the list are... awkward.
almost all items are PETS. As what, opposed to OWNERS?

I scouted out the $5 bonus bucks yesterday (Wednesday) and the Tidy Cat litter is not among the bonus bucks products this year, bummer. Neither are the Friskies 16 pound bags of food. Meow Mix does have bonus bucks for the large bags, and (I think) Whiskas.

I am not going to try for the cheap litter because last year I was there early for some cheap litter and someone had bought out ALL of the litter and I was told there are no limits and they sell any amount to anyone. So obviously someone is going to buy it all, even another retailer who would then sell it for a profit.

MassageByEd said:   Thank you!

Some very nice sales, will definitely be stocking up on cat litter.  I hope they do the $5.00 coupon printout at the register like they did last year.

Never done Black Fridays, or any other Holiday shopping madness for like oh say 30-35 years or so. Avoid malls like they was downtown Baghdad. Until I happened on Fatwallet whilst searching out online deals which I do subscribe to and run up on the PETsMART BF deals.

Tidy Cat 24/7 35# tubs for $7.49... ya can't beat that, and between our 3-4 present kitters, our three other cul-de-sac neighbor's with a half dozen or so theysefs, PLUS the 6-7 foster kitters we all share in taking care of, and mostly being on fixed retirement incomes they's no way we gonna pass this up.

So I get assigned to PS BF duty whilst everyone else either slept in or was off to Best Buy or wherever to get they 'consumption fix'.

Arrived ~6:30 and was 2nd in line to a nice dog lady... no competition there. The other early arrivals was sitting in they cars staying warm and since most of the known world was at Best Buy reckon they all felt no pressure to stand out in the cold. By time they opened the doors which had to have been 10-15 mins. early [ didn't check the time, didn't matter ] only one other person had come to wait at the door. With just the three of us at the door and the few folks from the lot taking they good ol sweet time this is gonna be a a slam dunk for the ol cul-de-sac team.

Snagged two buggies and headed to the back. Found the first tubs on an end cap. Three of the 'red top' there. Loaded um up. Hmmm, they carts ain't that big soes a little creative packing is gonna be required. Head on back to the main litter display. There's another 3 or 4 soes I load them up getting an even half dozen in the first buggie with some finagling. Is that all? Nope!

This is right at the warehouse entrance and the mgr is toting stuff out on flat carts. 'Hey Mister, Ya got more 'red top' litter.'... 'Yeah right there on that pallet.' Ah right, ah nother big ol stack. 'Say Mister, can I use one ah them carts.'... 'Sure, help yourself.'

Ditch the second buggie and load up the rest of the 'red top' buckets on the flat and head toward the front, stopping by the Cat Food section to pick up some Hill's SD Original. It's only $5 off, but it's one of the 'Bonus Bucks' items, and we were fixing to run out. Picked up two and after some deft maneuvering of the buggy and the flat cart which won't easy finally make it to the check out. Was either the first or second one there. And no one waiting behind to tick off. Barely a few mins. past 7:00. This is too easy.

Got the check out lady to ring up two separate sales to get the BBs for both Hills SD and she applies the first receipt coupon to the second sale. Didn't see that coming, but ain't complaining. Wheeled the booty out to the van and start loading 'er up. Barely gonna fit, looks like they had just the right amount... '

Still only a very few customers, but like I figured they're all at the Big ol Boxes. To Hey with 'um if they be more important than their Fur People.

Decided I oughta pick up some more Hills SD for the neighbors, so went back in and got two more. Had her ring them up separate and same deal, only this time she says where's your earlier receipt coupon to apply to the first one of these. Don't know what I did with um and wanted to save them for the other folks to use so she rang up the first and then applied that receipt coupon to the second as before. I reckon one could play that game all day long til they ran out of whatever and you'd end up leaving the store with only a single coupon having already gotten credit for all the others. Couldn't imagine they doing that, but hey they makes the rules, not me. I just go along with 'um.

Final tally: Seventeen 'red top' 24/7 Litter and four Hill's SD Original. Things be happy... happy... happy... fer all the cul-de-sac kitters.

To the folks who was worried 'bout some dealer snagging the whole lot of something for resale at a big ol profit... ain't gonna happen with the Tidy Cat 'red top' cause it's going to a good cause...

An that's the name ah that tune...

A beeg ol shout out to FW for the head's up on PS and they Tidy Cat deal fer real!

sc

Leftcoast said:   
MassageByEd said:   Thank you!

We were there first thing this morning, no bonus bucks on the Tidy Cat.  The litter Bonus Bucks are on Fresh Step this year.

We still stocked up on Tidy Cat at a great price, workout thrown in for free hauling it in and out!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014