• 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
1. Download the Macy's Star Gift App
2. Scan any gift from this online gift catalog , watch video
3. Scan page 2 of the catalog, watch video, click on red gift
4. Complete form with name and mobile number
5. Receive text with code (then cancel texts by replying with STOP)

Promotion ends 11/17. Gift code expires 12/17.

Member Summary

Macy's
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Can't find the app anymore in the Google Play store, looks like it was taken down.

LiquidSilver (Nov. 10, 2013 @ 2:12p) |

Just got my $10 code more than two weeks later. Now time to see if it'll actually work in store...

triliament (Nov. 24, 2013 @ 12:14p) |

Went to Macy's on black Friday, I asked 3 store clerks non of them knew how to enter the code.  Maybe it was too crazy o... (more)

dark04templar (Dec. 01, 2013 @ 12:51a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great! Thanks for the post! I'll try this one today, hope it works! XoXo

Too long process for 10 bucks

Can't enter cell phone number if the first digit of the last four digits of your phone start with a "0".  Glitch in their programming.

WASTE OF TIME. App does not scan anything on the page. It just keeps searching for a scan point (like a bar code). I feel like an idiot, pointing my phone at that stupid online catalog. Such a dumb idea. Uninstalled the app.

Simple enough. About 4 minutes (including deleting the app after receiving the $10 text).

Thanks, easy and received my code right away.

great, thanks!

TBinPA said:   Thanks, easy and received my code right away.
  Somehow, I did the same procedure and have been waiting for my code for last one hour

Is it possible to use the code in-store?

Does not recognize the products on the catalog. Which products scanned successfully? What are you pointing towards to scan? Thxs

surajitbaral said:   Is it possible to use the code in-store?

Someone on another forum said you can use it in-store, that the person at the register needs to enter it as a Promo Code, and that you can only use a single code in-store.

If someone can confirm this, that would be great, as I plan on hitting the mall this weekend.

worked i had to scan 3 things before it gave me an option to watch video but worked thank op

I used it on the Calvin Klien black purse.  You have to have the item on your phone screen, like taking a picture and then touch the screen.

Anyone have a list of exclusions (online and in-store) for the code?

rinse and repeat got 3 codes to 3 diffrent phone numbers

Don't understand what to do after watching video....

No worries....figured out.

Worked nice... Note that at first I downloaded the regular Macy's app instead of the needed one.

Works from iPad as well. U only need a cell number to recieve SMS.

Worked for me. Thank you.

works perfect and it only took a couple minutes. For the people that say it doesnt work, just read the instructions, its very simple.

Trickracen said:   works perfect and it only took a couple minutes. For the people that say it doesnt work, just read the instructions, its very simple.

That's the problem. People are too lazy or don't know how to read instructions.....or even worse are just clueless.

There is no bar codes to scan in the online catalog. What are we scanning here?

kopikopi said:   There is no bar codes to scan in the online catalog. What are we scanning here?
  it says SCAN PAGE, open app, put the camera to the page, click on the little red gift box

Worked great, thank you!

Make sure you're using the "Macy's Star Gift App".

Not the regular Macy's app.

kopikopi said:   There is no bar codes to scan in the online catalog. What are we scanning here?
  I think it work perfect for iDevices. Although i did get my lg android to scan the TEXT a few times which ended up like healthcare.gov server too busy or can't find  the items.

When it scan sucessfully-it highlight the text on that line. Though online observations, this work perfect for iDevices. May be the camera is better.

Are we supposed to scan a paper/print catalog?

worked for me. Thanks!

only draw back must have Android 4.0 or above Waiting on 4,4 to upgrade phone

For all of the lazy people, click link  and fill out the form.  

You can currently submit up to 10 times with the same phone number using different email addresses (does not have to be valid).

Just make sure you are aware that "By providing this mobile number, I agree to receive marketing text messages generated by an automated dialer from Macy's at the mobile number I have provided."

This is my 1st reply!!!

got one thx....

That's too much to do for $10. But I don't mind it!

How to use this gift code? Any limit for one order? Or minimum purchase? or any item excluded?

OfficerCartman said:   
surajitbaral said:   Is it possible to use the code in-store?

Someone on another forum said you can use it in-store, that the person at the register needs to enter it as a Promo Code, and that you can only use a single code in-store.

If someone can confirm this, that would be great, as I plan on hitting the mall this weekend.

That would be disappointing, since in that case it will probably not be combinable with a coupon, or a morning special, usual Macy's BS.

loyolakid said:   For all of the lazy people, click link   and fill out the form.  

You can currently submit up to 10 times with the same phone number using different email addresses (does not have to be valid).

Just make sure you are aware that "By providing this mobile number, I agree to receive marketing text messages generated by an automated dialer from Macy's at the mobile number I have provided."

This is my 1st reply!!!

Thank you so much! I must have tried to scan 12 things and they call said "error in finding your item." This link however worked perfectly. 

Didn't see the official rules , but
1. Macy's website allows for  5 such gift cards per order
2. A LOT of those orders are being cancelled by Macy's.

krivlee said:   Didn't see the official rules , but
1. Macy's website allows for  5 such gift cards per order
2. A LOT of those orders are being cancelled by Macy's.

Tried this myself ... order a $50 regular gift card.  Order went through and then received a ORDER CANCELLED email with the following message:

"Your order couldn't be processed. Please call the Consumer Protection department immediately to resolve this issue at 1-866-282-8977 (Monday-Saturday 9am-10pm, Sunday 9am-7pm). Your account has been refunded. Please details below."

Skipping 21 Messages...
Went to Macy's on black Friday, I asked 3 store clerks non of them knew how to enter the code.  Maybe it was too crazy on BF for them to mess around on the computer.

How many have gotten the code to work?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014