Amex Offers: Is the BP offer multi-use

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here is the text on my SPG card...  does this sounds like it can be used more than once?  Not a bad deal if you combine with BP drivers rewards.
amex tos said: Get a $5 statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to make a single qualifying purchase of $25 or more at the pump at any BP station by 12/31/2013.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Looks to me like this is officially dead. The last credit I received was on 3/30. No credits received for any of my 4 $2... (more)

rifleman940 (Apr. 07, 2014 @ 5:59p) |

No credits from purchases on 3/30 or 4/3 for me either.

drjofis (Apr. 08, 2014 @ 1:45p) |

Officially dead...

johnnybs (Apr. 15, 2014 @ 7:58p) |

Since this keeps getting rehashed:

ExxonMobil:
Get a one-time $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $30 or more at the pump at any Exxon or Mobil station by 12/31/13. Get a one-time $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $30 or more at the pump at any Exxon or Mobil station by 12/31/13.

BP:
Get a $5 statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to make a single qualifying purchase of $25 or more at the pump at any BP station by 12/31/2013.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This exact question has been discussed on Another Deals Forum That Shall Not Be Named, and the consensus is that people seem to be receiving multiple confirmation emails (the ones that say thank you for using the enrolled card and reference the BP offer), but since the statement credit probably won't be issued until after the promotion is over at the end of the year, I don't think anybody can know for certain.

The terms do say there is one statement credit per account, but people seem to think that means you will receive one total statement credit for $5 times the number of times you spend $25 or more at BP during the promotion period. EDIT: I'm not sure where I got this from because the terms do not say this.

I used my card at BP today for this and received the email confirming my purchase for the promotion, but I haven't used it a second time yet, so I can't personally confirm what I mentioned above.

EDIT: I received a $5 credit two days after my first transaction. Another person here reported receiving a second credit already, so it sounds like this is definitely multi-use.

Give me $25, and I'll tell you.

Compeek said:   The terms do say there is one statement credit per account
  Not on my card they don't.

Offer Details: Get a $5 statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to make a single qualifying purchase of $25 or more at the pump at any BP station by 12/31/2013.

Terms: Offer not valid for online purchases or any other purchase not made at the pump. Excludes Convenience Stores, Aviation, Marine, Wholesale, and Other Services. Enrollment Limited. Qualifying spend must be met in a single transaction. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/13. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. If your Card is replaced during the promotional period, call the customer service number on the back of your Card for assistance. Want to earn more savings with BP? Visit www.bpdriverrewards.com

Great deal stacked with BC 5% CashBack!

Edit: Never mind... I was thinking about the other BC

wow....its $5 credit everytime you use the card...thats pretty good

Yes this is great with BC -- and the offer is available on my BC as well as on SPG. 64k$ question is: will this work on AU accounts as well as primary?

At this price you could make the argument for filling up a storage tank in increments of 25.01 . . . . do not try at home.

It's a one-time thing, not for multiple use. There is also a deal for Exxon on the AMEX.

HenryBelt said:   will this work on AU accounts as well as primary?

Yes, as long as the AU card has a different card # (Amex-branded AU cards may not, e.g. Fidelity Amex). You have to sync the primary card, add the deal through Twitter (or Facebook), unsync the primary card, sync the AU card, then add the deal to the AU card.

Ceal said:   It's a one-time thing, not for multiple use. There is also a deal for Exxon on the AMEX.

The offer in my account says each time. I took a screenshot for when I have to call Amex to get the credit for each of my $25 BP purchases.
Amex said:
OFFER DETAILS
Get a $5 statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to make a single qualifying purchase of $25 or more at the pump at any BP station by 12/31/2013.

TERMS
Offer not valid for online purchases or any other purchase not made at the pump. Excludes Convenience Stores, Aviation, Marine, Wholesale, and Other Services. Enrollment Limited. Qualifying spend must be met in a single transaction. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/13. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. If your Card is replaced during the promotional period, call the customer service number on the back of your Card for assistance. Want to earn more savings with BP? Visit www.bpdriverrewards.com.    POID: AUT4:0001

Also, note the difference in the ExxonMobil offer:
Amex said:
OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $30 or more at the pump at any Exxon or Mobil station by 12/31/13. 

TERMS
Offer not valid for online or in-store purchases or any other purchase not made at the pump. Valid only for at the pump transactions at any Exxon or Mobil station using your enrolled Card or a Speedpass linked to your enrolled Card. (The Speedpass key tag is a quick and easy contactless payment system. To learn more, go to www.speedpass.com).  Enrollment is limited. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/13. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. If your Card is replaced during the promotional period, call the customer service number on the back of your Card for assistance. POID: AUNJ:0001

scripta said:   
Nummerkins said:   Great deal stacked with BC 5% CashBack!
Care to explain? Pretty sure it's 2% and there are no "offers" on AEGCs.

Blue Cash. I have the old card.

my fill-ups are usually > $60, I wonder if I get get $10 in one shot by pumping $25 twice?

Compeek said:   This exact question has been discussed on Another Deals Forum That Shall Not Be Named, and the consensus is that people seem to be receiving multiple confirmation emails (the ones that say thank you for using the enrolled card and reference the BP offer), but since the statement credit probably won't be issued until after the promotion is over at the end of the year, I don't think anybody can know for certain.

The terms do say there is one statement credit per account, but people seem to think that means you will receive one total statement credit for $5 times the number of times you spend $25 or more at BP during the promotion period.

I used my card at BP today for this and received the email confirming my purchase for the promotion, but I haven't used it a second time yet, so I can't personally confirm what I mentioned above.

My Exxon/Mobil charge and credit both posted on my Nov 7th statement

tarcapone said:   
Compeek said:   This exact question has been discussed on Another Deals Forum That Shall Not Be Named, and the consensus is that people seem to be receiving multiple confirmation emails (the ones that say thank you for using the enrolled card and reference the BP offer), but since the statement credit probably won't be issued until after the promotion is over at the end of the year, I don't think anybody can know for certain.

The terms do say there is one statement credit per account, but people seem to think that means you will receive one total statement credit for $5 times the number of times you spend $25 or more at BP during the promotion period.

My Exxon/Mobil charge and credit both posted on my Nov 7th statement

LOL. It shouldn't take too long for people to start reporting if multiple transactions with the same card works. My offer also says "at the pump", which I question also, since Amex has not distinguished "at the pump" vs. "in-store" in the past. Buying a bunch of 25 dollar gift cards between now and the end of the year would be great as a secondary purchase when I fill up.

dougan778 said:   my fill-ups are usually > $60, I wonder if I get get $10 in one shot by pumping $25 twice?
Swipe card, pump $25.01, stop the pump, get receipt if you want to, swipe card again, pump $25.02, stop the pump, get receipt if you want to, come back next time your tank gets low -- promo is good until 12/31 so might as well make the most of it

Ceal said:   It's a one-time thing, not for multiple use. There is also a deal for Exxon on the AMEX.
Exxon is one time use since it tells you -- BP is multi use since it says each time 

Someone on SD mentioned that they used the same card twice and a few days later the Amex website showed BP twice in the "My Savings" section plus the offer was still available under the "My Offers" section

You're gonna fill up anyway, why not try?

OTOH, BP markups are mighty high compared to the general market.  There are often other stations in my area where the base price is about $0.10 lower than all the BPs.  You'd have to split a lot of hairs o get a better deal out of the BP pumps compared to avoiding them.

he he, time to visit the ol' BP station in the area.

BP really shrunk its footprint didn't it.

Claymore said:   You're gonna fill up anyway, why not try?

OTOH, BP markups are mighty high compared to the general market.  There are often other stations in my area where the base price is about $0.10 lower than all the BPs.  You'd have to split a lot of hairs o get a better deal out of the BP pumps compared to avoiding them.

In my area, BP is the same low price as Exxon, QT, etc. plus BP has their driver rewards program that let's you stack $0.05 off and my local BPs give you a free car wash after 5 fill ups. On top of all this, I pass three BPs on my regular commute, so I am not traveling for a cheaper price. Meanwhile, Kangaroo and Shell around me are typically $0.05 - $0.10 more expensive. 

As usual, YMMV. 

jatan1986 said:   
dougan778 said:   my fill-ups are usually > $60, I wonder if I get get $10 in one shot by pumping $25 twice?
Swipe card, pump $25.01, stop the pump, get receipt if you want to, swipe card again, pump $25.02, stop the pump, get receipt if you want to, come back next time your tank gets low -- promo is good until 12/31 so might as well make the most of it

I've had difficulty with some cards approving multiple pay-at-the-pump transactions before. In my case, I was just trying to separate my fill up with my dad's gas can -- so he could have a receipt for business purposes -- and my card wouldn't authorize for the second transaction. The bank, I can't remember if it was Chase or Amex, refused the second transaction for anti-fraud purposes. So, YMMV.

stanolshefski said:   
jatan1986 said:   

I've had difficulty with some cards approving multiple pay-at-the-pump transactions before. In my case, I was just trying to separate my fill up with my dad's gas can -- so he could have a receipt for business purposes -- and my card wouldn't authorize for the second transaction. The bank, I can't remember if it was Chase or Amex, refused the second transaction for anti-fraud purposes. So, YMMV.

I do two transactions all the time to get ethanol-free for my boat while filling up my car with the regular stuff, using my Chase Freedom, and never had any troubles, so it probably was the AMEX. 

stanolshefski said:   I've had difficulty with some cards approving multiple pay-at-the-pump transactions before. In my case, I was just trying to separate my fill up with my dad's gas can -- so he could have a receipt for business purposes -- and my card wouldn't authorize for the second transaction. The bank, I can't remember if it was Chase or Amex, refused the second transaction for anti-fraud purposes. So, YMMV.
If you have multiple Amex cards then you can use a 2nd card -- if you only have 1 then just call the number on the back and unblock the card if it gets locked

How big was the gas can? Sometimes small $5-10 gas transactions will get flagged

Dan Jahncke ‏@danjahncke 6m
@AskAmex Is the #AmexBP offer good for multiple uses or limited to 1 statement credit per American Express Card?

12:28 PM - 9 Nov 13 · Details
Tweet text
Reply to @danjahncke @AskAmex

Ask Amex ‏@AskAmex 3m
@danjahncke Hi Dan! Thank you for tweeting. The BP offer can be redeemed multiple times. Have a great weekend! ^Andrae

Twitter response from AmEx, if you click #AmexBP, you see that AmEx states it is multiple use, EACH time you spend $25 at pump, not just one time.

jatan1986 said:   
stanolshefski said:   I've had difficulty with some cards approving multiple pay-at-the-pump transactions before. In my case, I was just trying to separate my fill up with my dad's gas can -- so he could have a receipt for business purposes -- and my card wouldn't authorize for the second transaction. The bank, I can't remember if it was Chase or Amex, refused the second transaction for anti-fraud purposes. So, YMMV.
If you have multiple Amex cards then you can use a 2nd card -- if you only have 1 then just call the number on the back and unblock the card if it gets locked

How big was the gas can? Sometimes small $5-10 gas transactions will get flagged

Probably less than $10 -- I think it was a 3 gallon can, but I have no clue what the price was at the time. 

Deleted - already covered above

Thanks OP. I have this offer on one of my cards. As others have stated, it reads $5 credit for each time I use for qualified purchase in excess of $25. I would not have seen this offer if you had not posted.

Green for you!

Arco Am/pm count?

i have so many amex it just dont matter
do these ppl sell vanilla at the pump??

jatan1986 said:   

6 gallon tank of premium fuel this summer, fillups were anywhere from 2-6 gallons, so ranged between $8-$25 i guess.  No problems there (This is on my Chase, again).

Got the BP deal in combo with my 3% Cash Back on AMEX BCP! Great deal! Repped!!

How do I "enroll" my card?

scratch33 said:   How do I "enroll" my card?

Go to https://sync.americanexpress.com/ and sync your card with Twitter. Tweet #AmexBP and Amex should confirm that the offer is added to your account. You can also do it through Facebook but I've only used the Twitter method.  

vickh said:   Arco Am/pm count?
very few take CC for gasoline

Sign up for BP Driver Rewards and get an additional 10 cents off per gallon as a signup bonus.

Skipping 133 Messages...
Officially dead...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014