• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Dell XPS All-in-One Desktop PC (32.45kB)
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell

Solid Deal . In for 1.

great for dj's also..

Good Deal for top notch machine.
Thanks OP.

I'm guessing this is targeted to graphics designers?

2560x1440 resolution with a 750M is too much for productivity and too little for gaming.

So close to pulling trigger but never purchased anything refurbed before. Why did all these fail to begin with? Is there a warranty included ?

How is this compare to Costco deal?
http://www.costco.com/Dell-XPS-8700-Desktop-|-Intel-Core-i7-|-1GB-Graphics.product.100075189.html

speedy777 said:   How is this compare to Costco deal?
http://www.costco.com/Dell-XPS-8700-Desktop-|-Intel-Core-i7-|-1G...

This was a better deal than the PC from Costco because of:

Monitor resolution is better and touch (A 1440p touch monitor by itself can cost $700 easily)
Graphics card
Includes a Solid State Drive

However, I think you cannot recycle the monitor if you decide to upgrade.
You only had 90 days of warranty

Decided not to pull trigger. May regret it later but hopefully black Friday brings something good. Still though $1000 was high for refurb. If it was $800, would have gone for it. Hope everyone has good luck with them.

techtim said:   Decided not to pull trigger. May regret it later but hopefully black Friday brings something good. Still though $1000 was high for refurb. If it was $800, would have gone for it. Hope everyone has good luck with them.
  You made the right decision. I would never pay $1000 from anything sourced through Woot. Not only do they frequently make mistakes on the specs for the items the sell but their shipping is extremely slow and returning high priced items with Woot  is a horrific experience. If you still want a similarly configured XPS 27 just buy directly from Dell vs a third rate operation like Woot. Dell frequently has current gen XPS 27refurbs and scratch and dent options for $100-$300 less than this deal. For Example this was Friday's XPS 27 deal.

techtim said:   Decided not to pull trigger. May regret it later but hopefully black Friday brings something good. Still though $1000 was high for refurb. If it was $800, would have gone for it. Hope everyone has good luck with them.
  I would not get it either.

I don't buy all-in-ones since you cannot recycle the monitor if you want to upgrade just the PC.

Also, the graphics card was not that great for a monitor with 1440p resolution.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014