Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Corel Paintshop Pro X5 Software - Newegg.com
Disclaimer

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Corel Paintshop Pro X5
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

x6 was just released, but x5 is a great product.
It may not have the following Adobe Photoshop does, but it also doesn't have the $$$$ price tag.

Keep in mind that you can get the older version of Adobe Photoshop (CS2) for FREE as a download directly from Adobe. There have been numerous threads about this in the past. I don't know how it compares to the new PSP, but it is plenty powerful.

Here's one link I found by doing a quick google: http://adobe-photoshop-cs2.en.softonic.com/

This is a really good program.

You can also get GIMP for free - every version. I've been using it for the last few years, after using Paint Shop Pro for a long time.

http://www.gimp.org

If you've ever used Photoshop, you will hate GiMP. Trust me on that.

miller24 said:   If you've ever used Photoshop, you will hate GiMP. Trust me on that.
  Don't forget about Paint.NET, a totally free program that offers much of the power of Photoshop that the casual user needs, check it out at link -

Get Paint.NET for FREE here  

Check out a great review of Paint.NET here  

miller24 said:   If you've ever used Photoshop, you will hate GiMP. Trust me on that.

True - GIMP is VERY different from even PSP.  Yes, it took some time to get used to it (I switched to Linux so not much other choice), but I've long since gotten the hang of most features.  I used to go back to Windows at first just to use PSP but now I wouldn't dream of doing that - except for text editing in images, which is still a bit awkward for me in GIMP.  But for image scaling, sizing, cropping, color adjustments, etc. I find GIMP much easier to use than PSP.  I've barely ever used Photoshop. I'm sure it is quite different.

GIMP is a little behind in terms of advanced features like 16 bit colors per channel, so some phototographers and designers won't take it seriously. You're pretty much stuck with 8 bit color channels (GIMP is just now adding the ability to use it but it's not complete) but most people will be just fine with 8 bit colors per channel.  It's very fast and full of features once you get used to its interface.

What's great about GIMP (besides being free) is that it works in every modern OS - Mac, Windows, and Linux.  If you ever want to switch to a new OS, you won't have to learn a new program again or buy one.

Currently sold out :/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014