• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Dual Shoulder Camera Neck Strap     
Quick Release dual shoulder neck strap with standard threaded mount; not sure on the overall quality, but the price seems right. States normally  $99, betting that is inflated. Eligible for Amazon prime, so in for 2 (one as a gift). Hoping it's a decent stocking stuffer...
Enjoy!

Update: Price now up to $13.71. I received both of mine, felt compelled to report back on quality - especially with the red this post received. (4 stars on Amazon; 84 of the 154 reviews peg it as 5 star)

One set came in plastic display quality packaging, the other set came on the display board, but no plastic. Unless the metal has hidden flaws, I am pleasantly surprised at the overall quality of the clasps and hardware. Having said that I am likely to have a secondary securing method (believe it or not I use fishing swivel / snap leaders; rated to 15 lbs., coated wire but supple), simply because I have had the factory canon strap give up the ghost; while I was on concrete; fortunately it *just* cost me a filter, as my 70-200 2.8L hit *just* right. This has secondary mount points I can clip to, or I can always clip to the factory mounts on the camera.The fishing leaders add almost no weight, and still allow for portability / flexibility, and I am a bit overly cautious. I can’t see where you would go wrong at this price, but to each their own. Is it worth $99 -> no way... Is it worth ~$30; probably – especially when considering it’s a bit of a specialty piece of equipment. 

Anyway -> hope it helps someone - should make a nifty stocking stuffer…

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Reviews are sketchy. I wouldn't trust my camera hanging from it.

I dislike their inflated normally prices....when 10 stores have it for under $25

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014