• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I own their SL100 headphones and think they sound great. This is their next higher model. Probably will not last long at this price.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008C7YOWI  

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Soul SL150 Headphones (12.04kB)
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Noontec Zoro frequently on Tanga.com....they are amazing for cheepies.....but grado and sennheiser know what its all abo... (more)

eeagle (Nov. 11, 2013 @ 12:04a) |

Just got the headphones today, and here are my initial impressions:

AV House rocks. Got the headphones in less than 48 ho... (more)

zhelder (Nov. 12, 2013 @ 7:36p) |

AV House rocks. Got the headphones in less than 48 ho... (more)

zhelder (Nov. 12, 2013 @ 7:36p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Not wireless. Would have been awesome deal if it had a Bluetooth capability.

Does any company have a way of TESTING headphones to show SCIENTIFICALLY which ones give the most accurate sound?

i purchased these 6 months ago for $75; Thought it was a great deal; these are very nice headphones; better than Beats I am told.

docjoo said:   Not wireless. Would have been awesome deal if it had a Bluetooth capability.
  I'm not a fan of wireless headphones. Bluetooth adds weight and cost and reduces sound quality.

Bizatch said:   Does any company have a way of TESTING headphones to show SCIENTIFICALLY which ones give the most accurate sound?
That's not so easy because music is more than just reproducing single notes. You can find lots of professional reviews of this product on the internet, but remember that they are reviewing them at the $250 price point, not this $50 closeout.

Bizatch said:   Does any company have a way of TESTING headphones to show SCIENTIFICALLY which ones give the most accurate sound?
  Some people use frequency response to show accuracy, but accuracy does not mean it's better.

When people talk about sound quality, most of the time they're referring to sound preference rather than how accurate it is.

Besides, this clearly is not designed for accuracy

Deal is dead. Wish I saw this earlier...

Was this from Amazon.com or another seller? I would have bought if it was Amazon.com but I expect them to be fake if it was another seller.

BlackFatboy said:   Was this from Amazon.com or another seller? I would have bought if it was Amazon.com but I expect them to be fake if it was another seller.
The seller was AV House, which is an authorized Soul retailer and has a 4.9 (out of 5.0) rating on Amazon. I have bought products from them in the past and they were always factory sealed, brand new, and worked great.

$49.99 price is back. Use the link in the OP.

bopc1996 said:   i purchased these 6 months ago for $75; Thought it was a great deal; these are very nice headphones; better than Beats I am told.
  Yes indeed, sound better and more comfortable than Beat.

Are these on the ear or over the ear headphones?

I would like to buy one and try out but I see a lot of complains about hurting their ears after awhile?  I would buy them if it's over-ear type.

It's over the ear and my son love it. It got it 6 months ago for $75 and thought it was a great deal.

It seems to be a real mixed bag when it comes to reviews. I see that a lot in headphones though....

A good place to start in this link 

Also lots of good info here 

By the way Soul's and Beat's are some of worst you will hear.

eeagle said:   

Your web site gives this Soul SL150 a "very good" review, even at the $200 regular price: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/soul-ludacris-sl150 

They're charging sales tax in MD.

johnny98 said:   
eeagle said:   

Your web site gives this Soul SL150 a "very good" review, even at the $200 regular price: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/soul-ludacris-sl150  

IMHO they are the worst headphones I own....I bought at an even higher price than these because I got sucked in by the inflated list price.   I have tried to burn them in thinking I am missing something, but and they still sound like crap compared to my Grado's and Sennheishers's....will be in the next garage sale!!!

eeagle said:   johnny98 said:   
eeagle said:   

IMHO they are the worst headphones I own....I bought at an even higher price than these because I got sucked in by the inflated list price.   I have tried to burn them in thinking I am missing something, but and they still sound like crap compared to my Grado's and Sennheishers's....will be in the next garage sale!!!

can you recommend a better headphone for the same price?

Noontec Zoro frequently on Tanga.com....they are amazing for cheepies.....but grado and sennheiser know what its all about!

AV House rocks. Got the headphones in less than 48 hours, brand new and shrink-wrapped. Gangsta,

The packaging is very nice, and hard as $*%! to open.

Brother Ludacris knows how to design a pair of headphones. The suckas are real purdy. Much nicer looking than Beats, IMHO.

As with most over the ear headphones under $1000, they can get a bit uncomfortable with prolonged use, but it's not too bad. Better than most over-the-ear headphones in the $200 and under price range.

The sound is decent! They sounded a bit muddy to me at first, but they opened up quick. Bass is strong, but not bombastic, and mids and highs aren't bad at all.

The carrying case is large, but very nice.

Overall, this was $50 very well spent.

AV House rocks. Got the headphones in less than 48 hours, brand new and shrink-wrapped. Gangsta,

The packaging is very nice, and hard as $*%! to open.

Brother Ludacris knows how to design a pair of headphones. The suckas are real purdy. Much nicer looking than Beats, IMHO.

As with most over the ear headphones under $1000, they can get a bit uncomfortable with prolonged use, but it's not too bad. Better than most over-the-ear headphones in the $200 and under price range.

The sound is decent! They sounded a bit muddy to me at first, but they opened up quick. Bass is strong, but not bombastic, and mids and highs aren't bad at all.

The carrying case is large, but very nice.

Overall, this was $50 very well spent.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014