• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Check your AMEX accounts. Found this offer today under Offers For You. Redeemable online only.

OFFER DETAILS

Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $79 or more online at WalMart.com by 12/31/13. 

TERMS
Valid online only. In store transactions are excluded. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Not valid on gift card reloads and prepaid cards. Pay with Cash transactions are excluded. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 12/31/13, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: AUNI:0001

Member Summary

Walmart
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

This is where you would find the offer, I already accepted mine
Thanks ShamelesslyThrifty
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I bought two Straight Talk monthly refill cards ($45x2) and got the Amex offer redeemed email within minutes. So $35 for... (more)

pitflyer (Dec. 30, 2013 @ 1:17p) |

From the TD website:
A $2.00 per month service charge will be deducted from the gift card's remaining balance 12 months a... (more)

brotherhpj (Dec. 30, 2013 @ 1:37p) |

Buy something you want if a good deal comes up or use it on FAR stuff -- I ended up buying a few eGCs even though I don'... (more)

jatan1986 (Dec. 30, 2013 @ 2:38p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Appeared on one of my cards, no luck with FB sync or Twitter. No 'gift card reloads', but what about newly issued gift cards?

I found it on my Hilton Hhonors card and added it.

Ten minutes later, I placed a WalMart e-gift card online order for a gift card for $79 and change and almost instantly I received this in my e-mail:

Dear: Cardmember

Thank you for using your enrolled American Express® Card ending in
xxxxx at Wal-Mart.COM.

SO I CAN CONFIRM THAT WalMart E-GIFT CARDS WILL WORK FOR THIS OFFER!

A minute after receiving this confirmation, I received my order summary for my e-gift card purchase and then 3 minutes after that I received an e-mail with this subject heading:

Error processing your recent WalMart.com order‏

I should have known better from the last American Express/WalMart offer. Orders placed in the middle of the night will almost always get canceled. While orders placed during normal working hours will be approved.
I just need to make a call to the fraud prevention department come morning and I can place a new order (canceled orders cannot be reinstated).  This happened last time around too and after I called and placed the new e-gift card offer I got my American Express credit just fine. I was just hoping because last time I called already and verified who I was that this order would go through without a hitch, but I think they do a blanket denial for orders that are placed in the middle of the night (at least for e-gift card orders).Thanks OP!

Thanks nick555 for posting and MR V. for clarifying.

Ordered an actual gift card (to be mailed)...already got the "Thanks for using your card" from Amex!

Awesome!  $20 in free gas!

brooke789 said:   Ordered an actual gift card (to be mailed)...already got the "Thanks for using your card" from Amex!

Awesome!  $20 in free gas!

Do they charge a shipping fee when ordering a physical gift card?

Nope.  Free shipping.

I just wanted it for ease of use at the gas station!  If you're using it in the store/online it is the same difference to get it instantly.

Free shipping. That's great. I think when I reorder my canceled order I will choose a physical gift card be mailed to me. I much prefer plastic cards. Paper gets lost too easily.

Got email as soon as I purchased US$ 80 gift card (not ecard)

Thanks. Will try.

I just reordered my canceled WalMart e-gift card that I placed at around 3 am with a physical WalMart gift card in the same amount mailed to my home and the order went through (or at least hasn't been canceled yet 15 minutes later). If online orders are canceled they are usually canceled within a few minutes after ordering. I would be curious to know if I would have chosen to have the gift card mailed to my home for the order I placed at 3 am instead of an an e-gift card if it would have went through. I am glad it worked and I am getting a physical gift card. It also saves me a call to WalMart customer service.

I don't have this offer available, and I'm bummed. I wonder if it is because I took full advantage of the previous WalMart.com offer (ordered four $75 GCs across 4 cards).

Is there a way to get this offer and go through fatwallet for CashBack?

No go for me, offer not available on my account. Because i used the offer of the previous WalMart.com offer of 15$ off $75?

VBOnline said:   No go for me, offer not available on my account. Because i used the offer of the previous WalMart.com offer of 15$ off $75?
The reason you did not get this offer is not necessarily because you did the previous WalMart.com offer of 15$ off $75. I also did that previous offer but I got this offer. I am not sure the rhyme or reason as to why some get the deal and others do not. I am just grateful when money making opportunities come across my path.

Doesn't show up for me.

anti said:   Is there a way to get this offer and go through fatwallet for CashBack?
  Yes, getting this offer has nothing to do with the ability to get Cash Back.  Link this offer to your Amex, click through FW for Cash Back.

I see it for my Hilton card! Thank you so much OP!!!

I got nothing other than $5 off of $30 spending at Exxon.

Is anyone able to post a link and see if it will allow others to activate this deal on their cards even if it was originally targeted via email? Thanks.

niniss said:   I got nothing other than $5 off of $30 spending at Exxon.

this is NOT the sync on Twitter or FB offer. you must LOG IN to your Amex account to see this deal.

I don't have it on mine and quite frankly, I'm not sure I'd do this offer anyway since my account got hacked the after the last AMEX/WalMart offer.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
niniss said:   I got nothing other than $5 off of $30 spending at Exxon.

this is NOT the sync on Twitter or FB offer. you must LOG IN to your Amex account to see this deal.

Yes, i just checked my amex account. (I don't really use twitter or fb, in fact i think that's why i didn't get the WalMart offer)

Don't see on my Gold or Blue. Hopefully will show up soon

42 offers listed for me..

WalMart - $20 off $79
ExxonMobil - $5 off $30
BP - $5 off $25
Lowes - $10 off $50
Fedex - $5 off $15
GUESS - $30 off $100
etc etc

Just a plain 'ol Amex Blue here. Not even the Preferred card.. just the regular one.

if you don't have an offer on amex website, try the facebook app or try the tweet

Got it on my Amex Blue Cash card but not on my Costco Amex card. 

Edit: Just ordered physical gift cards and after getting the "Thanks for using your enrolled card" from Amex, I got an email from WalMart canceling the order.  Will try again and see if I can get it to go through.

Showed up for me on my Blue Cash card. Thanks.

Not there for me, but I like the $5 off $25 at BP, EACH time I use it until the end of the year! 20% off gas for me for the next two months! Also need to pick up a couple of $25 GCs from Lowe's at a 20% discount...

Showed up for me on Amex website for blue cash. Thanks!!

cbkcc100 said:   if you don't have an offer on amex website, try the facebook app or try the tweet

Is there a twitter code?

barreg said:   Got it on my Amex Blue Cash card but not on my Costco Amex card. 
  DITTO.

0/3 for me.  CostCo AmEx, CostCo Business AmEx, AmEx Premier Rewards Gold.  Other offers yes, WalMart.com no love.

Chris.

Just posting an update, went to WalMart.com and bought Happy Holidays 2013 WalMart Gift Card with $80 on it and got the thank you email immediately.

No go for me on all 3 cards... I wonder if it has anything to do with me already redeemed Staples 25 off 75 offers?

MrVietnam said:   A minute after receiving this confirmation, I received my order summary for my e-gift card purchase and then 3 minutes after that I received an e-mail with this subject heading:

Error processing your recent WalMart.com order‏

I should have known better from the last American Express/WalMart offer. Orders placed in the middle of the night will almost always get canceled. While orders placed during normal working hours will be approved.
I just need to make a call to the fraud prevention department come morning and I can place a new order (canceled orders cannot be reinstated).  This happened last time around too and after I called and placed the new e-gift card offer I got my American Express credit just fine. I was just hoping because last time I called already and verified who I was that this order would go through without a hitch, but I think they do a blanket denial for orders that are placed in the middle of the night (at least for e-gift card orders).Thanks OP!

I placed my order at 10am EST, and it still got canceled. Off to make some phone calls...

Edit: AMEX says they approved the charge, and the cancellation must be coming from WalMart.

"YMMV" should be in subject line.

Offer was listed on mine and wife's Blue (she's AU on mine). Not listed on 2xGold 2xPlatinum (separate account), or Green card.

can someone post the steps how to get to MY OFFERS on the Amex site? not seeing it even though logged in . thanks.

Skipping 137 Messages...
ShakuniMama said:   I have the offer but not sure what I am going to do with a TD $100 GC ? 
Any ideas for cashing it out?

Buy something you want if a good deal comes up or use it on FAR stuff -- I ended up buying a few eGCs even though I don't shop at TD much (I get hit with tax & shipping which usually kills the deal). Now that TD has Shoprunner free shipping on some items I only have to worry about tax which isn't too bad considering the 30% off GC with Amex

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014