Disclaimer
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
at Newegg $101.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148844
use promo code EMCYTZT4822

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good deal in for one OP! Big Data indeed!

I would look at the review first. 

Bought two last year. Had to return for exchange because they were delivered DOA. One of the replacements chirps randomly through the day. Believe the poor reviews.

I had one VERY LOW USE (mostly archival storage of backup sets and a home file share for 2 adults) drive fail a couple of weeks ago (it was a replacement for a 2TB unit that failed a year before that).  I did ARO warranty swap with Seagate, and received replacement last week.  It failed after 10 minutes of attempting to copy a few hundred GB of data to it.  Ran SeaTools and it found over 13,000 bad sectors... this was the WARRANTY REPLACEMENT drive.  What happened to Seagate quailty?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014