• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Walmart 2013 Ad
Thanks Table83
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
For my curioisty, why would you think you would get back more than you paid?

yesidonoitall (Nov. 29, 2013 @ 11:42a) |

Just thought I'd share a little WalMart happiness with my fellow FW'ers. I was running on the treadmill at the gym(next ... (more)

chadecoen (Nov. 29, 2013 @ 5:30p) |

I got to the store at 520 in NH just to get the 70".After asking two employees I found out where to go. I ended up being... (more)

icemanlancer (Nov. 29, 2013 @ 6:18p) |

*****IMAGE IS FOR WRONG AD*******~~*Guarantee Card distribution will end 1 hour after Black Friday event start time.Limit 1 Guarantee Card per person, per item. Payment must be made upon checkout for the Guarantee Card. Not valid in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico. Merchandise will be delivered to the store chosen during the online registration process.Customers will receive notice via email when the item has been shipped and is available for pick up. Valid email address required. Guarantee Cards must be registered at WalMart. com/1hourguarantee by 11:59 PM CST, Sunday, December 1, 2013. If not registered during that time, the Guarantee Card will become a standard WalMart Gift Card, loaded with amount of Black Friday item purchase price. All standard WalMart Gift Card terms and conditions apply. If card is lost or stolen, take the original receipt to your local store for a replacement card. Guarantee Gift Cards not redeemed may receive a full refund with original receipt.**Lines may form prior to start time. Wristbands granting the ability to obtain an item on the day of the event may be distributed prior to start time for select items. Wristbands not guaranteed for all customers.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That is for last year. This year Black Friday is on November 28, my hubbys birthday.

lewysgal said:   That is for last year. This year Black Friday is on November 28, my hubbys birthday.
  It shows 11/28 on Page 1 - this is the 2013 Ad.

The ad is up on their website too... So this is official...

lewysgal said:   That is for last year. This year Black Friday is on November 28, my hubbys birthday.

??? Thanksgiving is November 28th. . .and that's when WalMart is starting their "black Friday."

Sorry everyone. I clicked on the ad picture and not the link where I was supposed to click.

Thank You!

Thanks!

guess WalMart pulled the rug under from Target's "buy ipad mini, get $75gc" offer and will give out $100 gc. That's pretty good, but still nowhere near worth dealing with BlackFriday chaos at WalMart of all places and spending Thanksgiving sitting in a line.

Kinda off topic but it should be called Black Thursday.

hungngo83 said:   Kinda off topic but it should be called Black Thursday.

I move for Brown Thursday since its a crappy move by all the retailers to get us to shop on a major holiday.  Plus most of the deals are crappy too.  

Thinking about the Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S 3, I need three of them.
Can I just buy it online?

Any idea if they are GSM or CMDA?

Thanks

Yuyak said:   guess WalMart pulled the rug under from Target's "buy ipad mini, get $75gc" offer and will give out $100 gc. That's pretty good, but still nowhere near worth dealing with BlackFriday chaos at WalMart of all places and spending Thanksgiving sitting in a line.
  In WalMart's defense, if anyone knows how to control the crowds and chaos, they do. The store is open on Thanksgiving Day, which means no surge of shoppers all at a single time when the store opens or sales kick in. The hottest deals are spread throughout the store and clearly marked. Lines there are organized and times for various prices to go live are staggered throughout the night. Yes, there will be crowds, primarily at checkout, and sometimes the lines for a particular item are long (that's what a shopping buddy is for - to hold your place or bring you a snack) but IMHO WalMart provides the best experience I have seen of Black Friday shopping.

When I click on the "Razor 24V Dune Buggy", it comes up at $263, a considerable $66 less than the listed price in the table above.

Either the model is wrong, or there's some shennanigags afoot.

they should post the same deals online to avoid chaos at stores but they have good deals

sraochoa said:   they should post the same deals online to avoid chaos at stores but they have good deals

They want to draw people in-store so they purchase more than they came for

Logan71 said:   When I click on the "Razor 24V Dune Buggy", it comes up at $263, a considerable $66 less than the listed price in the table above.

Either the model is wrong, or there's some shennanigags afoot.

The links in Quick Summary are NOT from the Black Friday Ad, they are from the Holiday Toy Book. The Dune Buggy isn't in the BF ad as far as I saw. Best bet is to look a the scan here
http://www.fatwallet.com/black-friday/ads/Walmart/?page=1#adScan 

gizmo said:   
sraochoa said:   they should post the same deals online to avoid chaos at stores but they have good deals

They want to draw people in-store so they purchase more than they came for

they love watching people fighting each other ..

There is a difference here. With WalMart's offer you are guaranteed to get it if you buy it during the prescribed period as opposed to the "madness." If WalMart runs out, you purchase a prepaid card at the register, take it home and sign up for the product online and it is delivered to the store where you made the purchase. Take for example that Target might have say 30 of the mini units per store, when they are gone end of party. Last year a typical WalMart had 115 of the iPad 2's and another 200-300 Guaranteed to get it cards available. The only inconvenience is you have to wait in line to buy the product. So for that inconvenience you get a $100 gift card and will get the product. Doesn't sound like a big problem here

Some of the offers will be online. I bought the 24" TV for $78 in last years ad online while I was waiting in line to buy the iPad 2 offer. The Bonus was the product was delivered on Saturday by noon to my home

iPad Mini deal seems good to me. Will go for that! At least, they have 1 hr guarantee!

WiiU games are still $59.99 where is the sale?

So is the iPad mini the new model or old model?

That iPad has to be the old model as Apple has already said that there will be shortages of the new one. Doubt anyone other than Apple will have stock within the first week or so of release.

WalMart has a One Hour guarantee in stock on some of the door buster type items.

32" Funai TV for $98 is one of the One Hour guarantee items for my WalMart store.

Great deal for a 32" TV, if the sound quality is bearable.

Yes, it is only 720p, but that is OK for a spare room TV

This is a pretty sad offering on the TV. The Vizio 60" LED smart TV was on sale at the exact same price last year. I can't believe they are now even offering it $100 less than a year ago considering that this type of products always goes down in price. Same goes for the Samsung TVs which are already getting discounted online. Why go stand in line when I can buy it from New Egg for the same price (there is a shipping charges but still): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA22F11K6623&n... 

The 70" TV is a really good deal; it will be available at Sam's Club as well for the same price with free shipping on Sunday Nov. 24.  If it is like last year, keep checking at 6:30pm ... I bet you it will sell out a few min after 7, which is when the sale starts.

logster said:   The 70" TV is a really good deal; it will be available at Sam's Club as well for the same price with free shipping on Sunday Nov. 24.  If it is like last year, keep checking at 6:30pm ... I bet you it will sell out a few min after 7, which is when the sale starts.
  It's been a while since I've done WalMart on BF. How does it work for items like this? Do you stand in front of it in the electronics dept until 8?

heeljeff said:   
logster said:   The 70" TV is a really good deal; it will be available at Sam's Club as well for the same price with free shipping on Sunday Nov. 24.  If it is like last year, keep checking at 6:30pm ... I bet you it will sell out a few min after 7, which is when the sale starts.
  It's been a while since I've done WalMart on BF. How does it work for items like this? Do you stand in front of it in the electronics dept until 8?

Also you would need NFL outfit so people dont run you over

CompShopper said:   There is a difference here. With WalMart's offer you are guaranteed to get it if you buy it during the prescribed period as opposed to the "madness." If WalMart runs out, you purchase a prepaid card at the register, take it home and sign up for the product online and it is delivered to the store where you made the purchase. Take for example that Target might have say 30 of the mini units per store, when they are gone end of party. Last year a typical WalMart had 115 of the iPad 2's and another 200-300 Guaranteed to get it cards available. The only inconvenience is you have to wait in line to buy the product. So for that inconvenience you get a $100 gift card and will get the product. Doesn't sound like a big problem here
  I waited 2.5 hrs in a line inside WalMart that wrapped around the perimeter of the store to get the ipad 2 deal they had last year, and that was in my rinky-dink small town usa.

vijujoshi said:   
heeljeff said:   

Also you would need NFL outfit so people dont run you over

Ha! Maybe!
Just found this in an article on Yahoo:
[L=http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wal-mart-black-friday-deals-050300... said: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wal-mart-black-friday-deals-050300262.html]Customers[/L] don't have to wait in line if they arrive early. They will be given wrist bands once they arrive, so that they can browse around the rest of the store until the sale starts. Once it's time for their phase to begin, they have to head back to the lines.

Now I'm more confused. No idea what a wristband does for you, or when they start giving them out.

also those TV's are special made of BF no reviews available.

heeljeff said:   

They pick certain spots in the store to spread out the deals.  They post maps where the deal will be and at what time.  In my local store they had the 32" $99 tv in the frozen food & meat department.

Very confusing on the wrist bands and 1hr guarantee...

My take is that they'll issue wristbands ahead of time to guarantee the stock during that time. Note their POS is programmed to only sell the item during that time frame (ie 6pm-7pm for the iPad mini). But their 1hr guarantee makes it sound like you will be guarantee the deal (by mail actually) if you are there between 6pm-7pm.

So if I walk in at 6pm, do I get a deal? Don't care if it's mailed later - I just want to avoid being there in line for hours ahead.

If you walk in at 6 pm, you will still need to get into the line as they will be processing those ahead of you who will get available product in stock and then the cards are given out. Then you will still need to pay for the order and it will then be shipped to the store if they follow last years pattern. There are just more guaranteed items this year than last as it was a big hit with customers and a disruptor for the competition who a year later have still not figured out how to counter this.

The difference with the 60" this year over last year is that customers will actually be able to get this one as it is a guaranteed in stock item. Most WalMart locations that we surveyed only had 10 or less per store in stock. Comparing to the rest of the line up out there from the other retailers it is a leading price for a Brand Name featured 120Hz SMART TV.

CompShopper said:   If you walk in at 6 pm, you will still need to get into the line as they will be processing those ahead of you who will get available product in stock and then the cards are given out. Then you will still need to pay for the order and it will then be shipped to the store if they follow last years pattern. There are just more guaranteed items this year than last as it was a big hit with customers and a disruptor for the competition who a year later have still not figured out how to counter this.
  At least according to the fine print in the ad, you also have to register your 1 Hour Gurantee Card at WalMart.com....

~~*Guarantee Card distribution will end 1 hour after Black Friday event start time.Limit 1 Guarantee Card per person, per item. Payment must be made upon checkout for the Guarantee Card. Not valid in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico. Merchandise will be delivered to the store chosen during the online registration process.Customers will receive notice via email when the item has been shipped and is available for pick up. Valid email address required. Guarantee Cards must be registered at WalMart. com/1hourguarantee by 11:59 PM CST, Sunday, December 1, 2013. If not registered during that time, the Guarantee Card will become a standard WalMart Gift Card, loaded with amount of Black Friday item purchase price. All standard WalMart Gift Card terms and conditions apply. If card is lost or stolen, take the original receipt to your local store for a replacement card. Guarantee Gift Cards not redeemed may receive a full refund with original receipt.**Lines may form prior to start time. Wristbands granting the ability to obtain an item on the day of the event may be distributed prior to start time for select items. Wristbands not guaranteed for all customers.

Let the stampedes begin!

Skipping 70 Messages...
I got to the store at 520 in NH just to get the 70".After asking two employees I found out where to go. I ended up being 7th out of the 9 they had. I know WalMart and its sales are not comparable to microcenter but the experiences I had at both this black Friday were night and day. Never again will I go to a WalMart on the night of blackfriday. They have no organization or order at all. It is amazing after the deaths and fights they still don't learn. It was apparent that customers didn't full understand the hour guarantee between not having stuff at that moment and purchasing by a certain time. But people will continue to flock to them.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014