Kohls Black Friday 2013 Ad

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
ETA: changed link to FW's own Ad scan.

Kohl's
See Kohl's discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Kohls
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I also received the 15% off, but only had a $5 off in store card usable from 8pm Thanksgiving-1pm Friday, in store only.... (more)

cloudboy67 (Nov. 22, 2013 @ 8:41p) |

I got one of those too. I think it's for non-Kohls credit card holders.

I got a $10 off $20 printable coupon from Marie C... (more)

billrubin (Nov. 25, 2013 @ 7:22p) |

I got that same $10 off $20 but I got it from Elle magazine. lol

MelissaAnne (Nov. 25, 2013 @ 7:36p) |

Staff Summary
  • Kohl's Coupons:
    SUNNY
    15% off any order (expires 7/21/14 12:59am)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks!

Thanks

Thanks OP. Too bad that GC deal went sour earlier.

The pdf for the Kohl's ad (located here  )  is blank.

tajar96 said:   Thanks OP. Too bad that GC deal went sour earlier.

Which gift card? And how did the deal "go sour"?

I've been wondering if the extra 10% off with online purchases with a Chase credit card payment would stack with the K0hl's 30% off + $15 K0hl's cash. Folks in other FW forums say that Chase (Disc0ver) bonus online discounts should stack with K0hl's (AND on top of the 5% Chase quarterly bonus Cash Back?), but I'm not clear on how it works specifically:

1) Don't you have to pay the full balance with a K0hl's charge to get the 30% off coupon to work and to earn Kohl's cash? If so, how could you earn both of those while paying with Chase (or Discover) online... is there even a way to split payments online? Or, if you use the UR portal to get to K0hls website, don't you still have to pay with Chase to get the bonus Chase points,which would in turn invalidate both K0hls bonuses?

2) Or are they talking about buying Kohls GCs online first through the UR portal (or Disc0ver's portal), then using those GCs online or in store directly at Kohls without going through any portals? In that case, I'm guessing that you don't need to use a K0hls credit card to get the 30% + $15 K0hls cash if you pay with a K0ihls gift card. Are the GCs delivered virtually and, if not, how long does it take to get physical GCs from Chase? <-----Is this the gift card deal you mentioned going sour?

Thanks in advance to any of you Kohls gurus that can clarify this for me. I have both the Chase Freedom and K0hls credit cards.

sam2418 said:   The pdf for the Kohl's ad (located here   )  is blank.

I alerted the mods.

I just made a Kohl's online purchase.  I linked from the discovercard to attempt to get 10% CashBack.  I was unable to stack the 10% discovercard with a 30% off.  I had to pay via Kohl's credit card to keep the 30% discount.  I did pay a portion of this with a gift card.  So the gift card payment should be fine.

So I think you must have Kohl's credit cartd as the credit card payment, but you can apply any gift cards and still attain your 30% off discount.

fivetalents said:   

I know there was a FW thread, but cannot find it now.  Here is the link - http://quickdeals.frequentmiler.net/2013/11/a-gift-card-price-mistake.html 

First Rule of FW - DO NOT CALL.

tajar96 said:   
fivetalents said:   

I know there was a FW thread, but cannot find it now.  Here is the link - http://quickdeals.frequentmiler.net/2013/11/a-gift-card-price-mistake.html  

First Rule of FW - DO NOT CALL.

I think I found it. LOL, what a mess. I totally missed that thread so thanks for the link. Glad to know it does not apply to my previous questions.

fivetalents said:   

I've been wondering if the extra 10% off with online purchases with a Chase credit card payment would stack with the K0hl's 30% off + $15 K0hl's cash. Folks in other FW forums say that Chase (Disc0ver) bonus online discounts should stack with K0hl's (AND on top of the 5% Chase quarterly bonus Cash Back?), but I'm not clear on how it works specifically:

1) Don't you have to pay the full balance with a K0hl's charge to get the 30% off coupon to work and to earn Kohl's cash? If so, how could you earn both of those while paying with Chase (or Discover) online... is there even a way to split payments online? Or, if you use the UR portal to get to K0hls website, don't you still have to pay with Chase to get the bonus Chase points,which would in turn invalidate both K0hls bonuses?

2) Or are they talking about buying Kohls GCs online first through the UR portal (or Disc0ver's portal), then using those GCs online or in store directly at Kohls without going through any portals? In that case, I'm guessing that you don't need to use a K0hls credit card to get the 30% + $15 K0hls cash if you pay with a K0ihls gift card. Are the GCs delivered virtually and, if not, how long does it take to get physical GCs from Chase? <-----Is this the gift card deal you mentioned going sour?

Thanks in advance to any of you Kohls gurus that can clarify this for me. I have both the Chase Freedom and K0hls credit cards.

This is based on my experience (from a while ago). YMMY.
You just need to pay some of the balance with a Kohl's CC in order to get the 30% off + Kohl's cash. I was also able to go through the Chase portal and pay with Kohl's CC and still get the Chase UR points. The best way of doing this is 1) buy discounted Kohl's GC (e.g. through Chase UR) 2) go through Chase portal 3) use Kohl's GC + Kohl's CC

fivetalents said:   

You have been away, haven't you?

Unfortunately, a lot of well-meaning FWers in their desire to help, will give you incorrect info. Here are the facts:
- you will need to have a KCard (your own, borrowed, stolen....) in order to get the 30% discount
- you will select/input this initially as your "form of Payment", and submit the code
- you will then change the "form of payment" to any other (GC, KCash, Chase, KMRC, whatever....)
- this new "form of payment" can cover partial payment, or the order in it's entirety (your choice)
- submit order

If you like, you can go through the portals of FW, Chase, Discover...... to get CashBack. Nothing will be affected. You will get the discount, your KCash, your preferred form of payment....

Still unclear? Ask!

beyond827 said:   
This is based on my experience (from a while ago). YMMY.
You just need to pay some of the balance with a Kohl's CC in order to get the 30% off + Kohl's cash. I was also able to go through the Chase portal and pay with Kohl's CC and still get the Chase UR points. The best way of doing this is 1) buy discounted Kohl's GC (e.g. through Chase UR) 2) go through Chase portal 3) use Kohl's GC + Kohl's CC

How to find Kohl's GC through Chase UR? Only saw few like DSW, Land's End. What is the normal discount there other than earning points/$? Thanks.

Why do you need KGiftCards?

aarzi said:   You have been away, haven't you?

Unfortunately, a lot of well-meaning FWers in their desire to help, will give you incorrect info. Here are the facts:

You just answered your own question: so much speculation, contradictory, incomplete, vague, or just plain wrong information gets posted about this it makes my head spin and just I move on the smokin' deal. However, given that there is $15 KK per $50 spent (instead of the typical $10) on top of the usual 30%, plus 5% through Chase, plus a rumored additional 10% off via Chase online UR portal, I took a large dose of aspirin, have a therapist on speed dial, and am bound and determined to find a straight/definitive answer on this. LOL.
aarzi said:   - you will select/input this initially as your "form of Payment", and submit the code
- you will then change the "form of payment" to any other (GC, KCash, Chase, KMRC, whatever....)

Aaah! I think this has been the missing link for me. This not only confirms that partial payments can be made online but specifies exactly how to initiate a partial payment online. Nice.
aarzi said:   - this new "form of payment" can cover partial payment, or the order in it's entirety (your choice)

OK, I get how this works for partial payments when using payment methods with limited funds (e.g., a GC or KCash) because you can't exceed their value so any balance is 'forced' onto your specified "form of payment"/KMRC. QUESTION: However, if I use a non-K0hls credit card like Chase with a balance/limit higher than my purchase total, won't the entire balance just get put on my Chase card? In other words (how) can you split a payment between a K0hl's charge card and other credit cards?
aarzi said:   If you like, you can go through the portals of FW, Chase, Discover...... to get CashBack. Nothing will be affected. You will get the discount, your KCash, your preferred form of payment....

I want to believe this, I truly do... and it gives me hope that maybe Kohl's is an exception when it comes to FW CB problems. I've been burned so many times on FW CB due to CB being invalidated due to using a 'non-authorized' coupon (and I know it will always be forfeited if I use a GC) that I rarely ever use it anymore. My last 4 optimistic attempts to use it were all simple, qualified purchases that all still resulted in the dreaded "Fatwallet Click Follow-Up" email. I just don't have it in me to keep filling out forms, explaining my purchase, and submitting receipts for every single purchase just to get my FW CB, so I've yet to even respond to the emails. I recently received 10% CB from another portal site after a purchase made at Nordstr0ms that I paid for entirely with a GC... and it was credited within 5 days (I still have to wait the 'make sure you didn't return it' period to cash out, but other sites give you so much less hassle).

I'm more inclined to trust that Chase won't revoke my CB due to using coupons because I've never had them do that when I buy through the UR portal... although I'm still not certain they will let you stack the 5% dept. store quarterly bonus with the 10x points through online UR portal purchases at K0hl's, so I wouldn't be surprised or upset if they only allowed one or the other.

QUESTION: Am I correct in taking this comment to mean that using GCs to pay for part or all of your online K0hl's purchases through the UR portal won't void your Chase bonus CB? That doesn't seem plausible because why wouldn't people use the UR portal but pay with another rewards card like Discover to double dip/get CB from both Chase and Discover? Or does UR somehow stipulate that the only non-Chase payments that don't void CB is the merchant's own credit or gift card?

Thanks so much to aarzi and everyone else who took the time to answer my questions. I feel more confident now about stacking all the discounts on a large BF purchase without getting stiffed out of my CB or having to fight/argue to get it credited properly.

aarzi said:   
- you will need to have a KCard (your own, borrowed, stolen....) in order to get the 30% discount
- you will select/input this initially as your "form of Payment", and submit the code
- this new "form of payment" can cover partial payment, or the order in it's entirety (your choice)
- submit order

If you like, you can go through the portals of FW, Chase, Discover...... to get CashBack. Nothing will be affected. You will get the discount, your KCash, your preferred form of payment....

Still unclear? Ask!

After choose KCard and input 30% coupon, 30% discount is shown up.
Next if I choose Chase or other CC, the 30% is gone. It says:
some information is missing or invalid below. This offer is valid with the following payment method: Kohl's Charge. Please enter a valid payment method

I could use Kohl GC to cover partial or even all payment along with KCard and keep the 30%. But I can't use other CC to pay partial and keep 30%. Just can't split the payment online.

Did I miss something?

aarzi said:   Why do you need KGiftCards?

Hope to get some discount on the Kohl GC if possible, such as $95 for 100 GC, and get Chase UR by paying the GC with Chase CC.

Maybe I am too greedy. Since Chase GC portal says no UR for GC purchase. Will I got UR if I just buy some Kohl GC from kohl online through Chase portal?

But anyway, still better to get GC from store first by using Chase CC, at least 1 UR point/$. Then using GC online through Chase portal.

whiteking2003 said:   
aarzi said:   Why do you need KGiftCards?

Hope to get some discount on the Kohl GC if possible, such as $95 for 100 GC, and get Chase UR by paying the GC with Chase CC.

Maybe I am too greedy. Since Chase GC portal says no UR for GC purchase. Will I got UR if I just buy some Kohl GC from kohl online through Chase portal?

But anyway, still better to get GC from store first by using Chase CC, at least 1 UR point/$. Then using GC online through Chase portal.

I believe you would still get UR points for the portion paid with a Kohls GC, but it's been a while so I'm not positive. 

Some deal sites claim you can get UR points for buying physical Kohls GC from Kohls, even though their terms say no. I've never tried this before since I stock up whenever I find a deal (Cardpool, Chase UR discount, third party GC etc). 

beyond827 said:   
I believe you would still get UR points for the portion paid with a Kohls GC, but it's been a while so I'm not positive. 

Some deal sites claim you can get UR points for buying physical Kohls GC from Kohls, even though their terms say no. I've never tried this before since I stock up whenever I find a deal (Cardpool, Chase UR discount, third party GC etc). 

Thanks for your reply.
  Is cardpool a reliable reseller for Kohl GC? I saw they only have 3.5% discount now.

whiteking2003 said:   
aarzi said:   
- submit order

Still unclear? Ask!

After choose KCard and input 30% coupon, 30% discount is shown up.
Next if I choose Chase or other CC, the 30% is gone. It says:
some information is missing or invalid below. This offer is valid with the following payment method: Kohl's Charge. Please enter a valid payment method

I could use Kohl GC to cover partial or even all payment along with KCard and keep the 30%. But I can't use other CC to pay partial and keep 30%. Just can't split the payment online.

Did I miss something?

I read this and my left eye started twitching. It's deja vu all over again.

whiteking2003 said:   Thanks for your reply.
  Is cardpool a reliable reseller for Kohl GC? I saw they only have 3.5% discount now.

I've purchased from them many times without any issue. You can also buy Kohls GC at 10% discount with Chase UR points now. 

Where is 30% off?  I've only seen for 50 spend, get 15 cash.

xuanyun said:   Where is 30% off?  I've only seen for 50 spend, get 15 cash.
 Coupons will not come out until probably the week of the sale.

xuanyun said:   Where is 30% off?  I've only seen for 50 spend, get 15 cash.

highly doubtful you'll see 30% for BF.  at most a 20%, least 15%.

Any free shipping going on now..? What happened to the master thread? Don't like this new set up FW.

in2dadark said:   Any free shipping going on now..? What happened to the master thread? Don't like this new set up FW.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/984944/ 

Just got a flyer in the mail from Kohl's today. Got a 15% off to use on Black Friday (I have a Kohl's Charge card), was hoping for at least a 20% off... Also, there was a $10 off purchase card too, no minimum.

MelissaAnne said:   Just got a flyer in the mail from Kohl's today. Got a 15% off to use on Black Friday (I have a Kohl's Charge card), was hoping for at least a 20% off... Also, there was a $10 off purchase card too, no minimum.

does your $10 promo say valid thurday 8PM to friday 1PM or friday all day?

What time can you start shopping the Kohls deals online for Thanksgiving? I notice the items all say not currently avail online if you click them now......

ltgeneralkasty said:   
MelissaAnne said:   Just got a flyer in the mail from Kohl's today. Got a 15% off to use on Black Friday (I have a Kohl's Charge card), was hoping for at least a 20% off... Also, there was a $10 off purchase card too, no minimum.
  does your $10 promo say valid thurday 8PM to friday 1PM or friday all day?

I also got this and I'm pretty sure it's all day Friday. Also surprised there's no 20% off coupon. I know that 30% mentioned earlier was unlikely but I think we've had 20% in the past.

I expected at least 20% coupon plus $15 cash, same as last year.
Considering we got 30% coupon and $10 cash all year around, they should do better for BF.

I have a Kohls charge and didn't get any coupon. Can somebody out there post a scan please. In advance, thanks.

I also received the 15% off, but only had a $5 off in store card usable from 8pm Thanksgiving-1pm Friday, in store only.

cloudboy67 said:   
  I also received the 15% off, but only had a $5 off in store card usable from 8pm Thanksgiving-1pm Friday, in store only.

I got a $10 off $20 printable coupon from Marie Clarie. Not sure how I got on their list but I'm not complaining.

billrubin said:   
cloudboy67 said:   

I got a $10 off $20 printable coupon from Marie Clarie. Not sure how I got on their list but I'm not complaining.

I got that same $10 off $20 but I got it from Elle magazine. lol

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014