• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Amazon Guitar Sale
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Amazon has some good deals on guitars but none of these guitars is among them.

GreenTrash said:   Amazon has some good deals on guitars but none of these guitars is among them.
††
Agreed. These seem like the regular pricings for Amazon.

bugsie said:   
GreenTrash said:   Amazon has some good deals on guitars but none of these guitars is among them.
††

††
It still seems to me that $134 for an electric guitar, amp, and accessories is a pretty good deal.

Gauss44 said:   
bugsie said:   
††

††
It still seems to me that $134 for an electric guitar, amp, and accessories is a pretty good deal.

††
You might think that until you realize that the only ones coming in at that price are "Pyle Pro" (a/k/a Pile-Pro) and that you can probably get at least as good a deal on some no name brand in your local store on sale (especially pawn shops). Here's one at WalMart for $90 (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Blue-Full-Size-Electric-Guitar-10-Watt-Amp-Gig-Bag-Guitar-Strap-Beginners/30492998†). Heck, I've seen the Fender starter kits go for not much more (like $150) with the same stuff and a real Fender product. Sure, if you're looking to test out a guitar/amp combo and see if you like playing this may be the way to go (and then get real equipment in another year or so). Then again, a year of playing poorly made stuff could be enough to turn you OFF of the idea of learning to play. YMMV but a "hot deal" this is not.

bugsie said:   
Gauss44 said:   
bugsie said:   
††

††

††
You might think that until you realize that the only ones coming in at that price are "Pyle Pro" (a/k/a Pile-Pro) and that you can probably get at least as good a deal on some no name brand in your local store on sale (especially pawn shops). Here's one at WalMart for $90 (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Blue-Full-Size-Electric-Guitar-10-Watt-Amp-Gig-Bag-Guitar-Strap-Beginners/30492998††). Heck, I've seen the Fender starter kits go for not much more (like $150) with the same stuff and a real Fender product. Sure, if you're looking to test out a guitar/amp combo and see if you like playing this may be the way to go (and then get real equipment in another year or so). Then again, a year of playing poorly made stuff could be enough to turn you OFF of the idea of learning to play. YMMV but a "hot deal" this is not.

††
I would agree, except that I think a lot of people don't like to shop at WalMart for political/social reasons, and the pawn store for quality reasons. †I do find your response interesting, and you have a good point for those of us who care about price the most. †For quality, you're looking for another sale. †Personally, I like guitars with locking nuts but I don't think those ever come on beginner sets.

Looks like Amazon is on fire with price drops on many guitars during the last day!!

https://pricenoia.com/drops/daily/us/amazon?category=GUITARS&order=drop_amount

152 items, mainly Gibson guitars.. up to 35%, that's more than 1000$

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014