• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Seagate 600 Series ST240HM000 2.5
Disclaimer
@ Newegg.com Item Price: $144.99 + Free Shipping  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820248016  = 
OPTIONAL: Checkout using Newegg's Mobile Site or App, and get an additional 5% off the price with Promo Code: MBLEMCRTS5.
This brings the final price down to $137.74.

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Down to $129.99!

good deal at that price, thinking about pulling the trigger

If it is a 256GB than it's a definite no brainer. But 240GB it's $9.99 too much! Oh what the heck. Tis the season. I41, TYOP!

I was thinking about getting one of these but don't necessarily need my desktop to boot faster. Am I right to think the prices on these can still keep coming down quite a bit?

TigerDirect has the same price. After 30off100 program, it is cheaper at TD and no tax in CA.

not only bootup fast. you willl experience another level of fast computing. any new software install, any program starts, it's super fast. highly recommend on ssd upgrade

Bagofchips said:   I was thinking about getting one of these but don't necessarily need my desktop to boot faster. Am I right to think the prices on these can still keep coming down quite a bit?
  Yes, they will more than likely always be dropping in price/increasing in size as time goes on.  BF and weeks leading up to Christmas may be the best prices you'll see for a short time, but you can bet prices will be much lower a year from now.

That said, an SSD will do much more than speed up your boot time.  Obviously won't change compute intensive tasks like video editing, but EVERYTHING will at least start faster.  Nearly all technology will always be cheaper a year from now, but at some point you need to just pull the trigger and take advantage of the better tech....you won't regret it.

Thx landenpc. Yeah, you're right, so for not quite 12 hours I managed to save $130. In for 1!

and if you plan on relocating data to a secondary HDD, I would suggest following this guide. There are other methods, using either junction points or sysprep, but those will cause problems with updates down the road. (at least with Windows 8). I had used the junction method with Windows 7 and it worked perfectly, but Windows 8 seems to be a step backwards when it comes to a multidrive setup.

Yes I was reading up on all the interventions I should do yesterday to transplant Win 7 to an SSD. Thx that's a decent article. I want to say the other articles also mentioned doing a couple other things (don't have the links right now) and this article mentioned at least one thing I hadn't seen in the others (relocating the index).

Edit: most of the articles I read were the first ones you get on this google search.  I think the point about indexing is you either move the index on the SSD to the HDD, or you turn off indexing altogether on the SSD.

This is another Toshiba NAND SSD apparently. What is their track record like? I only trust Intel at the moment but I'm not sure about Micron and Toshiba chips. Toshiba apparently are smaller die than Intel that's about all I know.

This brand isn't terribly good for platter disks so I'm iffy on it for SSD. (and ya, I know..it's kinda an oxymoron because if I go in my room, without a lie, I literally have probably 50 Seagate hard drives).

According to dealnews, the total price drops to $109.99 + shipping if you use Visa V.me. I gather that V.me is their answer to PayPal, although this is the first I'm hearing of it. You probably have to be a new V.me customer too, I'd guess.

Just a note, V.me discount does not stack with AmEx TD discount even if you pay using AmEx card.

OOS...

I would get the one at tiger direct, but shipping and tax kill it for me

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014