• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://www.groupon.com/deals/shell-6?    u  (SEE REPLY POST TO BUY MORE using links, about 3 posts up)

Groupon
See Groupon promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

groupon (157.62kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Geez... fighting a war of attrition, huh?

BADADVICE (Mar. 20, 2014 @ 5:10p) |

Asked for refund today; received. Aside from the product not showing up, twice, the interaction with their customer supp... (more)

speedbird71 (Mar. 20, 2014 @ 10:27p) |

so how do I subscribe to those emails? I checked Groupon site and could not find a way.

prikindel (Jun. 04, 2014 @ 12:35p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
In 4 1.

rated:
Thanks OP. Too bad you can only buy 1

rated:

rated:
Dont wait till "Expires Dec 31st, 2018" , Gas price will be $6

rated:
5% discover Cash Back

rated:

rated:
In 4 FIVE, first link has reached limit, Thanks OP

rated:
Still haven't received the one I orderd on Sept. 26 when it was $4 for 10 (if this is HURRY!!RUN!!! what was that one?, oh that's right barely a blip when I posted it).

I've called, emailed, spoken to supervsors and they still can't get me a GC even though they keep selling them. Groupon CS is a joke so I hope you get yours. I never will buy anything from them that needs to be shipped. No issue with their electronic Groupons but never again something like this.

rated:
I was tryin 12, 13, 14

rated:
Thank you got 6!

rated:
bru20 said:   Still haven't received the one I orderd on Sept. 26 when it was $4 for 10 (if this is HURRY!!RUN!!! what was that one?, oh that's right barely a blip when I posted it).

I've called, emailed, spoken to supervsors and they still can't get me a GC even though they keep selling them. Groupon CS is a joke so I hope you get yours. I never will buy anything from them that needs to be shipped. No issue with their electronic Groupons but never again something like this.

simply dispute it on your credit card then. I've always gotten my physical GC's from Groupon purchases. Things do get lost in the mail, and it has taken up to 8 weeks to receive some, but they do come.

rated:
I managed to score 5/6.  The first link (#6) is sold out.

Gracias.

rated:
6 is sold out but I was able to purchase via links 7-11 just a minute ago. Mods jumped the gun moving to expired?

rated:
exbat said:   6 is sold out but I was able to purchase via links 7-11 just a minute ago. Mods jumped the gun moving to expired?

yes, they did. wish they'd vet these things better. I alerted them...but no telling how long it will take to fix.

rated:
5/6 here too. Was able to spend some Groupon bucks I had sitting around from a previous deal gone bad (even through the deal says you can't use them).

rated:
this is what happens when you listen to badadvice!
scored 6 - am at 56 now, next up 57 :-P

rated:
Awesome Got 5 of 6 also

rated:
8, 9, 10, and 11 still work, I just scored those.

rated:
vijujoshi said:   5% discover Cash Back

I figured they'd sell out before I got them all so I decided not to go full-greed by launching each purchase through Shop Discover site... so I left $1.50 on the table.  But, in true FW style... I did consider it!

rated:
BADADVICE said:   BUY MULTIPLE CARDS... ONE PER LINK

Good advice BADADVICE!  (Got 6 total; 1 when I first caught wind at S/D).

rated:
Do we have to go through ShopDiscover for this !! I thought Oct-Dec any Online purchase is 5% CB

rated:
labboypro said:   

I figured they'd sell out before I got them all so I decided not to go full-greed by launching each purchase through Shop Discover site... so I left $1.50 on the table.  But, in true FW style... I did consider it!

My thoughts exactly, getting gasoline 40% off is a MAJOR deal. The extra 45-60 seconds you waste trying to click thru a CB link, just to have it NOT redirect to the exact page you need and then FIRST have to hunt for it makes the difference between it being available or being sold out. I just hit "BUY" as quick as my fingers can type......I'll forgo the CB without any regrets on this one...got all 6 cards!! $60 worth of gas for $36.

rated:
Scored 4. Getting an error with #7

Thanks.

Edit..... #7 now showing sold out

rated:
vijujoshi said:   Do we have to go through ShopDiscover for this !! I thought Oct-Dec any Online purchase is 5% CB

no, that's automatic, labboy was talking about ShopDiscover for 5 or 10% additional on top of that.

rated:
bru20 said:   Still haven't received the one I orderd on Sept. 26 when it was $4 for 10 (if this is HURRY!!RUN!!! what was that one?, oh that's right barely a blip when I posted it).

Sounds like this one is delivered electronically. Confirmation emails say this: "Your Groupon is already in your pocket. Just tap the Mobile App to redeem on the go, or print it from My Groupons anytime."

On the other hand, when I went to My Groupons and clicked View Voucher, it gives me a printable voucher that has a barcode and also says this:
"By purchasing this Groupon and providing your delivery address you have already activated your Shell Gift Card purchase. Please allow 7-14 business days for delivery of card."
I sure would prefer a card that I can swipe instead of having to go in with a printed piece of paper looking all shady, so I guess I'll see what happens in 14 business days.  

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   

simply dispute it on your credit card then. I've always gotten my physical GC's from Groupon purchases. Things do get lost in the mail, and it has taken up to 8 weeks to receive some, but they do come.

So I get my $4 back but I miss out on $6 free, which is why I bought it.

Would you just settle for a refund and lose a good deal when they keep selling the GCs (albeit at a worse price than I got) so they clearly have them and when they keep saying it was sent when it obviously has not been?

Others report not receivng them from the October deal.  So it's not unheard of, just wanted people to be aware.  And when you try to follow up with Groupon you will be in a black hole of incompetence.

rated:
Scored 4, was checking out on #7 when it sold out
OP and Badadvice thanks for the info
I'm looking to make money during the holidays rather than spending (thank you FW)

rated:
WOWA! THANKS OP! This was awesome. I landed all 6 and was posting my thank you to OP when the post went down. Glad it's back up for others. $60 worth of gas for $36 is not bad at all. I got a rush from that one! My 16yo. will be thrilled to get some of these in his stocking.

rated:
SOLD OUT good lead thou

rated:
bru20 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Would you just settle for a refund and lose a good deal when they keep selling the GCs (albeit at a worse price than I got) so they clearly have them and when they keep saying it was sent when it obviously has not been?

Others report not receivng them from the October deal.  So it's not unheard of, just wanted people to be aware.  And when you try to follow up with Groupon you will be in a black hole of incompetence.

It's only Nov 14th, not even 8 weeks from sept deal and far less from October. I'd say learn some patience. I told you, Groupon takes 8 weeks or so to get these out. You're always going to need gasoline, so when they come, they come. CHILL OUT. I told you to dispute it on your CC in the meantime because of the fact you only get 60 days from when it's billed to dispute it, so if you got the bill for the Sept purchases, let them contact Groupon on your behalf to "fight it out" with them. They'll have better results than you do cause Groupon doesn't want a chargeback if they are really shipping these out.

rated:
3 of 6...link 8 looks available but it is now toast...

rated:
TY i was still able to get 4 in

rated:
Looks like a few of the links are showing still available .  In for one (or more) .

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
labboypro said:   

My thoughts exactly, getting gasoline 40% off is a MAJOR deal. The extra 45-60 seconds you waste trying to click thru a CB link, just to have it NOT redirect to the exact page you need and then FIRST have to hunt for it makes the difference between it being available or being sold out. I just hit "BUY" as quick as my fingers can type......I'll forgo the CB without any regrets on this one...got all 6 cards!! $60 worth of gas for $36.

It was a lot easier to find them. I went through Swagbucks after I clicked each link provided above I went to the bottom and it said "More deals in ________" so I remembered where they were, went to Swagbucks and then when I got to Groupon I typed in Shell, and the places the cards were at. Sure it's some work but those Swagbucks will help one day!

rated:
I was able to get one but for others link i get the message to contact Customer Service. Not sure why?

rated:
Got 2. Links 10 and 11 still work. 6,7,8 show sold out. 9 shows available but sold out when I checked out.

rated:
joe4u said:   I was able to get one but for others link i get the message to contact Customer Service. Not sure why?

wonder if your CC got declined? maybe it thought suspicious activity for mult charges all the same amount. that does happen.

rated:
bru20 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

I ordered that same deal you're mentioning and my card actually finally arrived in the mail yesterday. Sure it's frustrating but have some patience, give it more time. It may not be Groupons fault at all. May be your mail carrier. I just received a water bill from August weeks after I received my September one with a late fee on it! lol

Skipping 213 Messages...
rated:
so how do I subscribe to those emails? I checked Groupon site and could not find a way.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014