• Text Only
billrubin said:   Is Groupon still cancelling accounts of people who ask for a refund? Am I actually likely to get money back from them?
Don't waste your time. Dispute it on your credit card, you'll be refunded quickly.

Awesome, this thread again.

I just got a final response from Groupon via the BBB.  "Aaron" (who claims to be "Bryan's" supervisor... whoever either those people even are) has decided to "stand by [his] decision" in the matter.  Here, "decision" apparently means to "receive payment but fail to deliver goods OR refund payment..." and he has threatened to "delete [my] account."  Just so there's no confusion on how the whole customer relationship thing works... deleting my account presumes I have some interest in ever dealing with such a spoilative group of charlatans again.  I don't.  So... delete away.  Douchebags.

I lost track. You did get your CC company to credit back, correct? You didn't mention it but I assume BBB will close your case. They are pretty useless IME.

bru20 said:   I lost track. You did get your CC company to credit back, correct? You didn't mention it but I assume BBB will close your case. They are pretty useless IME.

Yes, I received payment from my cc to offset the charges.  They were NOT chargebacks against Groupon, but rather my cc appeasing me by paying out of pocket (it's cheaper for them to do that than to fight for small $$ amounts).  Unfortunately, I suspect Groupon knows this, and since they don't really care WHO they sell to, they don't mind selling to my cc company... because they still have money, and they still didn't deliver goods.  At some point, that costs all of us because cc companies don't just eat those $$'s in bulk, but instead pass on such things to consumers.

Forgive me for possibly misinterpreting your question... your past posts lead me to believe your question is really a jab at "I got my money back so why am I bitching?"  If your question was not so loaded, please accept my apology.  If it was... I have not raised concerns with the BBB, the CA AG, and here simply to get MY money back.  I did it because it's the right thing to do... to hold businesses accountable for inappropriate practices.  And I'm not being altruistic in doing so.  I'm actually hoping that someone else will have done the right thing elsewhere, thus saving me from some other company's inappropriate behavior down the road.

Was just wondering about the resolution. Nothing more. I mentioned I contacted the BBB in hopes of getting Groupon to send me the one gift card I ordered and like I said they were useless.

bru20 said:   Was just wondering about the resolution. Nothing more. I mentioned I contacted the BBB in hopes of getting Groupon to send me the one gift card I ordered and like I said they were useless.

They have been helpful to me at times, but I don't put much stock in either a complaint outcome, or in their rating system.  If someone has an "F," that's a sure sign of a problem.  However, if someone has an "A," that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot on its own.  If there are numerous complaints against a BBB member with a high grade, but most have been "closed," then the signal to me is that they are being "administratively" closed... like my Groupon complaint... and in those cases, yes, useless is about right.  But I try to use it as a first step, before bringing in the heavy hand of consumer protection agencies.  When I saw this one going sour, I did just that.  Hopefully the AG will press it to them.  Groupon did wrong, and worse... they don't seem to want to fix it.

Just recevied one , Never recd rest 5 of them.

vijujoshi said:   Just recevied one , Never recd rest 5 of them.

From this offer dating back to mid-November?  4+ months to receive???  And you didn't dispute your cc charge?  

I'm still haven't received one I purchased in December. Been going back & forth with Groupon customer support. Last interaction was Mar 1st where they said it would arrive in 7-14 days.

speedbird71 said:   I'm still haven't received one I purchased in December. Been going back & forth with Groupon customer support. Last interaction was Mar 1st where they said it would arrive in 7-14 days.

Geez... fighting a war of attrition, huh?

BADADVICE said:   
speedbird71 said:   I'm still haven't received one I purchased in December. Been going back & forth with Groupon customer support. Last interaction was Mar 1st where they said it would arrive in 7-14 days.

Geez... fighting a war of attrition, huh?

Asked for refund today; received. Aside from the product not showing up, twice, the interaction with their customer support was actually fairly pleasant. 

so how do I subscribe to those emails? I checked Groupon site and could not find a way.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014