• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
HSN Link 

T-Mobile sells it for $230 or so. HSN had it for $200 a little while back, now $50 price drop.

Edit: Added T-Mobile price for comparison - T-Mobile Link

HSN
See HSN coupons that earn Up to 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
T-Mobile
See T-Mobile coupons that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Back to $149.99 plus free shipping at HSN

dafish (Jan. 24, 2014 @ 12:03p) |

zacksmith (Apr. 14, 2014 @ 5:17p) |

HSN also has the Lumia 925 on sale now for $199, which is a pretty good price for a higher end Lumia.

novocane (Apr. 14, 2014 @ 5:51p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Anybody find a review of this phone? 

rated:

rated:
Caught me just in time. I was just about to order the Optimus F3 from bestbuy at $179.

rated:
Whether it can be unlocked easily?

rated:
Shop Discover has 10% for HSN + 5% for online purchases if your signed up this quarter

rated:
Is this much better than the Lumia 520/521?

rated:
This has a quad core processor.

rated:
Can I pop a Straight Talk SIM into this right out of the box, or is it locked to T-Mobile?

rated:
AarontheGreat said:   Is this much better than the Lumia 520/521?
  any android phone is better than Lumina's. Just check how many apps android market has. Also Android is more customizable.

rated:
kosenblair said:   what is the resolution and how large is the screen?

• Physical size:

• 4.0 inches

• Resolution:

• 480 x 800 pixels

• Pixel density:

• 233 ppi

rated:
unnamedny said:   
  any android phone is better than Lumina's. Just check how many apps android market has. Also Android is more customizable.

A poor quality phone is just that, a poor quality phone. The Lumia line has several variants and at each price point if you examine the specs of the phone they are equal to or better than the competition.

If your sole point of contention is simply the number of apps available to a platform, I would suggest that each person has their own criteria with which to judge a phone and yours may be far different than others. Given that the app stores for Apple and Google both stand at over 800,000 third-party apps and that Windows Phone store has over 100,000 apps I suspect that most apps that people want would be on each of these platforms. If there are specific apps that you need that one platform has and another doesn't, then that could be a reason to choose one over the other, but to project your own biases and make a generalized statement about it is absurd.

rated:
Any discount code for first time buyers at HSN?

rated:
nashi said:   Whether it can be unlocked easily?
  Easily? yes
Cheaply? no - $33 unless you wait for T-Mobile's 40 day requirement.

rated:
if u activate online can u do the $30 plan with this phone? Unlimited text & Internet with 100 minutes?

rated:
Before pulling the trigger on a budget phone check out the Motorola G for $179 or $199 (8 or 16GB) no contract. It's getting great reviews.

rated:
$20 OFF your purchase of $40 or more.
First time HSN shoppers only through Jan 31, 2014 with coupon code 136586

You're welcome

rated:
wow now i am in dilemma, moto g or this phone..

rated:
This is a great budget phone. 4.2.2, quad core, and expandable memory. The 4" screen is good for a smaller hand. My big ass hand needs something larger.

rated:
unnamedny said:   

That isn't a well thought out comment for such a senior member of FW.  For price and function, the Nokia Lumina 521 has been absolutely perfect for my wife - and that is after multiple attempts at Android phones.  For her - a Windows 8.1 OS, Nokia build quality, all the apps that she ever wants to use, easy to use, easy to learn and cheap enough that she doesn't worry about the day when it dies an untimely death.

rated:
According to the tmobile specs:

The bands are:
" UMTS: Band IV (1700/2100);UMTS: Band V (850);Band II (1900);Quad Band GSM;LTE"

Note that 900 and 1800 Mhz are NOT listed, so this phone would not be very useful outside of North America, unless their "Quad Band" implicitly means 850,900,1800,1900 for GSM and LTE. Even in that case, UMTS may not be available on the 900/1800 Mhz bands. The specs could be made a lot clearer.
UPDATE:  According to Samsung, the bands are:
GSM:850/900/1800/1900; UMTS: Band 1(2100), II (1900, IV (1700), V(850); LTE: Band 4 (1700), Nabd 17 (700)

That clarifies that neither UMTS or LTE are available on most international bands, but voice and 2G data should be fine anywhere.  It is also not clear if the phone supports HSPA+ or if LTE is necessary to get high speed data.  T-Mobile's HSPA+ network is much more widely deployed than their LTE network.  (Their HSPA+ network is really rocking too, I assume their LTE will be similar). 

rated:
Any good case for this phone?

rated:
UPdownLoAD said:   $20 OFF your purchase of $40 or more.
First time HSN shoppers only through Jan 31, 2014 with coupon code 136586

You're welcome

Had my wife create an account and tried using this, but this code doesn't work with electronics. Nor would the %15 off code we got for signing up. Even called HSN. They were very polite, but would not apply the code to our order. We ordered the phone anyway, because this is a great price. 

Thanks OP.

rated:
nwrain said:   Before pulling the trigger on a budget phone check out the Motorola G for $179 or $199 (8 or 16GB) no contract. It's getting great reviews.
  I +1'ed this, but also keep in mind that the Moto G won't be out until January.

rated:
From what I read the Motorola G doesn't have LTE or memory expansion if that's important to you. Correct me if I am wrong.  And it's hard to jump in on this new Samsung without any hands on reviews.

rated:
dafish said:   From what I read the Motorola G doesn't have LTE or memory expansion if that's important to you. Correct me if I am wrong.  And it's hard to jump in on this new Samsung without any hands on reviews.

You are correct, no replaceable battery either and not available in US till Jan 2015 sometime  ETA: oops-2014
Price point sure is attractive though, am guessing we'll see it for 149 before long

rated:
dafish said:   From what I read the Motorola G doesn't have LTE or memory expansion if that's important to you. Correct me if I am wrong.  And it's hard to jump in on this new Samsung without any hands on reviews.
  I am very interested in the Moto G, I am OK with 16GB of storage, my Lumia only has 8GB built in and I haven't bothered with an SD at all. The lack of LTE is OK with me as well, that should make the CDMA version a sure fire hit with the Page Plus crowd. I spend most of my time in an area where T-Mobile doesn't even have 3G, so LTE would just be a nifty feature that I can't use.

My big issue is whether or not T-Mobile will release a branded handset that includes WiFi calling, that is a deal breaker for me. The phone in the OP looks decent, but I have had rather poor experience with non flagship Samsungs, they do a fine job on flagship models but release a lot of pure junk on the lower end.

rated:
Thank you. 10% CashBack with Discover for HSN, plus Discover card has 5% online shopping CashBack now - makes it a nice deal.
My Nokia 521 drives me crazy lately with Yahoo email accounts asking for passwords as soon as I'm not on WiFi, hope this one works better.

rated:
I agree.  When I buy a phone for my wife or kids, I want a quick, functional phone that doesn't cause a panic attack when it breaks.  $150 is a terrific price point and it QUAD core.  My Note 2 only has two cores!

rated:
IF you have a SERVE AmEX account and need a phone to take advantage of the 20% deal, this phone has Isis Mobile wallet to get your $200
Isis Mobile Wallet 

• Secure app that stores payment information on your mobile phone
  • Find and redeem offers, use loyalty cards and purchase goods and services with just a tap of your mobile phone

rated:
What do you guys think about this for parents who are in their 60s and never used a smartphone before?

rated:
sudeeppal said:   What do you guys think about this for parents who are in their 60s and never used a smartphone before?
  You might want to go with the Lumia 521.  Cheaper and windows mobile 8 is easy to learn and use.

rated:
dafish said:   
sudeeppal said:   What do you guys think about this for parents who are in their 60s and never used a smartphone before?
  You might want to go with the Lumia 521.  Cheaper and windows mobile 8 is easy to learn and use.

Agreed.  Been there.

rated:
Interesting, so Windows Mobile 8 is easier to use than Android? Going to move them to the tmobile $80 family plan.

rated:
60 is not old...late 80s or in their 90s that is old I'm 60 i know

rated:
Could this phone be rooted? Is there any custom ROM for it?
Thanks.

rated:
sudeeppal said:   Interesting, so Windows Mobile 8 is easier to use than Android? Going to move them to the tmobile $80 family plan.
  Apparently so, got my mom the Lumia 521. I removed some icons, and moved the ones she need on top of the list. So she only needs to click on Phone then find the people on the list to call them. And I put Facebook icons right up there to so she can browse it occasionally. The rest of the icons don't get used. Oh and the camera button helps too.

rated:
So is there a case for this phone yet?

rated:
baddude said:   So is there a case for this phone yet?

2nd on the case.  Just ordered one and will need a case too.  Since the phone is so new, accessories seem to be scarce right now.  Hope cases start surfacing soon.  

Skipping 60 Messages...
rated:
rootbear said:   
dafish said:   

Agreed.  Been there.

HSN also has the Lumia 925 on sale now for $199, which is a pretty good price for a higher end Lumia.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014