• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Com...

Buyer beware: The product must be activated prior to rebate redemption (activation over their website only, not installation on your PC). Activation will require a valid credit card, but your subscription may be cancelled at anytime.

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

ADATA 32GB Flash Drive
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Anyone else having trouble canceling their subscription?

JiantBrane (Jan. 05, 2014 @ 5:02p) |

Mailed on 12/2/13, received Prepaid Amex rebate card today on 1/14/14, $15 MM excludes stamp, thanks OP.

DMC (Jan. 14, 2014 @ 6:42p) |

I, too, received my rebate card today. Thanks OP.

ahcool (Jan. 14, 2014 @ 10:11p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Awesome deal, thanks OP!

I see two rebate links! One for $50 and one for $60!?

RaoMonger said:   I see two rebate links! One for $50 and one for $60!?
  The rumor has it that the $50 rebate for the software itself, whereas the $60 rebate is for the combo purchase, and you can only have one or the other.

I don't mind saying that this looks like a sketchy deal. You have to give them a CC number? For what? Who knows what they might charge on the card.

OneStepAhead said:   I don't mind saying that this looks like a sketchy deal. You have to give them a CC number? For what? Who knows what they might charge on the card.
  I haven't read the details, but by activating Total Defense (and giving them your CC), you're most likely agreeing to automatic annual license renewals (unless you later cancel).

OneStepAhead said:   I don't mind saying that this looks like a sketchy deal. You have to give them a CC number? For what? Who knows what they might charge on the card.

Glad I left a few pennies on my Staples rebate card!

MeIsCheap said:   MeIsCheap;18104117 said:
Glad I left a few pennies on my Staples rebate card!

That, or get a temporary card number from your bank, set to expire before a renewal is charged...

I can only assume that the total defense product must suck. Like, really really suck. Newegg and TigerDirect always have these insane deals for buy 'X' + Total Defense for $(super low price) AR. Now they are giving us money to take it off their hands, apparently.

Hmm... I guess I'm in for 1.

EDIT:  From prior knowledge on previous deals involving Total Defense, the CC registration is for automatic renewal, and they WILL charge you in 1 year unless you cancel it before then.  So be sure to get rid of it after you receive the rebate.

wonder if the 10% off would work for this10% off FW thread

I decided to go for it. I've never done one of these anti-virus rebates before, so hopefully there won't be any trouble. With regard to cancelling the subscription ... that's what calendar entries are for!

Screenshot of offer showing $50 cost + $60 rebate on Newegg webpage
Disclaimer
Note that the rebate form says: 
Total Defense rebate form said: $60.00 Activation Rebate when purchased with a Qualifying purchase
over $39.99
on Newegg.com. Not to be combined with any other
offers.

The USB drive is only $21.99.  The total purchase is $50, but I could see the rebate company arguing that the accompanying item was supposed to be > $39.99.  This Total Defense rebate company is pretty shady in my experience.

I've attached a screenshot of the Newegg page showing $50 cost and $60 rebate in case we need to fight for the rebate later.

I claimed a Total Defense rebate before in the Oct, but different offer code, can I apply for this rebate again?

pm6163 said:   I claimed a Total Defense rebate before in the Oct, but different offer code, can I apply for this rebate again?
  Yes, I have done 5 rebate offers now (all with the same address / email / CC) and they have been quickly approved.

in 4 1

Price dropped $5 -- now only $45 for the combo.
I chatted with a CSR to get price match as a $5 NE promo card for the difference.  (Per the Iron Egg policy, this is once per-customer, per-item, so if it drops again, I probably will have to just stew over it.)

To activate this software without installing it:

www.totaldefense.com/premium   

click "activate"

to cancel your automatic renewal "service"
https://my.totaldefense.com/Login2.aspx 
login
in the "more options" box on the right side, click "Cancel Automatic Renewal Service "

Finally pull the trigger, if it really comes to worst, I will contact Newegg support which is eggcellent! Thanks OP.

deal is dead

Rebate form says to send in UPC barcode and also, "Proof of purchase of qualifying bundle".  What is that?

I guess that it is just the invoice indicating the bundle purchase.

dealTracer said:   I guess that it is just the invoice indicating the bundle purchase.

except they also list the invoice as a requirement already....  so, what else?

frugalpete said:   Rebate form says to send in UPC barcode and also, "Proof of purchase of qualifying bundle".  What is that?

It is deliberately obfuscatory language the rebate company can use at their discretion to deny your rebate.  Pretty standard boilerplate for this company.

SCAM ALERT! I fell for this. This is total scam. look in Amazon under this product. everyone claims rebate turned down due to faulty submission. have to give credit card before activation . automatic 79$ renewal fees, software does nothing but detect cookies. Aaargh!
I have some infection that I can manually remove, this stupid software wont see it.

I bought this and now I am having second thoughts-
The rebate form states- "$60.00 activation rebate when purchased with a qualifying purchase over $39.99 on Newegg.com...."

When I look at my invoice from Newegg,The Adata stick costs $36.99. So, is this going to get rejected?

Maybe I should cut my losses and return it...

For people that did this, did you send in the UPC from just the total defense, or both the total defense and the usb stick?

My rebate was denied due to “receipt missing”.   HA!  A scan of my receipt even appears online in their "documenation of rebate".

This company is the very worst company in the rebate business today.

I will be complaining to the BBB and the attorney general in whatever state they are based in and avoiding any rebate from them in the future.

edit:  12/6/13 update.  I contacted them and found out my rebate was declined because I submitted the "order confirmation" not the "invoice" from Newegg.  They are forcing me to waste my time with a fax resubmission of the "invoice".

Just received my approval email. Should receive rebate in 5 to 7 weeks. For Newegg rebates, I always print the invoice under recent orders: whatever is displayed when you click the Print button. For this particular one, I circled the bundle wording on the invoice and also included the screenshot posted above as a supplement. (I was concerned that I might encounter resistance for not submitting UPC on the bundle item, even thought it wasn't an explicit requirement, but fortunately it wasn't an issue.)  For activation proof, I submitted the confirmation email (which includes the activation ID).

IamN41: At least they're letting you fax it rather than flat-out denying you, end of story.

Anyone else having trouble canceling their subscription?

Mailed on 12/2/13, received Prepaid Amex rebate card today on 1/14/14, $15 MM excludes stamp, thanks OP.

I, too, received my rebate card today. Thanks OP.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014