• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
It's not from 1sale.  Still, do your research. 

Link    

Member Summary

Barnes & Noble NOOK HD+ 32GB Tablet, 9" Touchscreen
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Ditto as above for looking new. Putting CM 10.1 on via instructions above was super easy too. Highly recommend it.

edick (Nov. 22, 2013 @ 7:47p) |

got mine today. there is no way these are "reconditioned". they are brand new units sold as reconditioned at a lower pri... (more)

piranha791 (Nov. 23, 2013 @ 12:21a) |

I guess this seller did come through. Several people gave red for the seller alone, way to go.

bru20 (Nov. 23, 2013 @ 9:23a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Dammit, I just bought one on eBay for $128 this morning. Oh well.

Crap, wish I knew WTF is going on with the one I bought from 1sale on 10/31. I'd grab this one if I knew they were going to cancel on me.

In for one!

wish these had front cameras...

Maestro4k said:   Crap, wish I knew WTF is going on with the one I bought from 1sale on 10/31. I'd grab this one if I knew they were going to cancel on me.
  1Sale is slow to ship for sure.  So is this seller.  Apparently, it comes with the territory.

Hmmm how low can the 32GB model go. The 16GB went to $99. This may be it.

ok...this is good enough for me.. in for 1

vickh said:   wish these had front cameras...
  In that case they would have been better than iPADs.

How well do they clean up these refurbs?  Would there still likely be some scratches on the screen or casing?

From seller Dailysteals. Their page shows great reviews: http://www.ebay.com/usr/dailysteals

But their resellerratings rating is awful: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Daily_Steals

Common complaints seem to be misleading descriptions & very long ship times. So may not be any better than 1sale? Who knows. But some of those reviews on reseller ratings are scary. It's too bad, I've been waiting for a good reseller for a couple more refurb nook hd+'s, and this is a very good price. But seems a little too risky for me.

Yikes, and I had already ordered one.  I had had a good experience with a similar type of seller once, where when my refurbished router turned out to be a bit flaky, they refunded me and told me to just keep the thing.  I see there are a scant few glowing reviews on RR, but I wonder if they're all plants.

bru20 said:   It's not from 1sale.  Still, do your research. 

Link     

Not here to thread crap! but can someone explain including OP How Dailysteals is better than 1sale?

That is pretty disconcerting on resellerratings. I don't understand the big disconnect with eBay - 98% isn't amazing... but it's not 2% like it looks like on reselleratings.

flyhighutah said:   Not here to thread crap! but can someone explain including OP How Dailysteals is better than 1sale?
Many don't like 1sale, so I think the thought here is that anyone else might be better. Though in this case, I don't know if it really is.

chilig said:   That is pretty disconcerting on resellerratings. I don't understand the big disconnect with eBay - 98% isn't amazing... but it's not 2% like it looks like on reselleratings.
Yeah, it's very strange how good the reviews on eBay are compared to reseller ratings. I tend to discount eBay reviews; I think the vendors that do high enough volume get enough positives to rule out the negatives. So 2000 orders a month with 50 people getting crap, that's only 2.5% negative. And still... that's 50 people getting ripped off every month. And eBay encourages feedback, whether you had a good or bad experience.

Reseller ratings takes more effort on the buyer's part (they have to seek out this 3rd party site), so I'd assume it gets a smaller sample and will be biased more to the negative reviews. Even taking all that into account, it's still puzzling.

There are a lot of these recurring deal-a-day sites, and it's hard to keep track of the good & bad ones.

Mine supposedly shipped today, so they seem prompt in that regard.  Unfortunately I had bought a display Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 from Staples just the day after I ordered the Nook and it took them just long enough to my inquiry about cancelling the order that it shipped before they responded.  Oh well, as long as it's in decent condition I suppose I'll just have two tablets.  Funny thing about these good tablet deals is that you still end up having (if you're picky like my anyway) to go out and buy a screen protector and case and maybe even a microSD card, although I suppose a 32GB tablet wouldn't need that last one as much.

DarthWoo said:   Mine supposedly shipped today, so they seem prompt in that regard.

I had that back in August for something I ordered from them. Got an email after 2 days saying it shipped and 6 weeks later the tracking never updated and I never received it. Was a Nook HD+ 16GB. Went through hell and back to get a refund and swore I would never order from them again. This time it is through eBay so I went ahead and ordered the same item as you did. Also got the ship email today and hope it arrives this time. Really want this unit for the display and just to root it and run full Android. Lets hope we all get it in a reasonable time.

If anyone has a link to share to run full-blown Android on this unit for a newbie, would appreciate it.

Mine shipped yesterday and will be here Friday. Looks like the concerns about ship times are not as much of a problem as originally noted. Now let's hope there aren't any other problems. Will update when mine arrives.

Another shipment notice for friday.  I think jumpyfroggy may have it right... with the volume that they do, 2% negative on eBay can really add up to a lot of complaints on resellerratings.  I know I never bother to post positive reviews on sites like that, but always give feedback on eBay.  So they are probably OK when things go smoothly, but if there's a hiccup, they can be a nightmare to deal with.
mushman;18112013 said:  ....Really want this unit for the display and just to root it and run full Android. Lets hope we all get it in a reasonable time.

If anyone has a link to share to run full-blown Android on this unit for a newbie, would appreciate it.

Me too... figured it was a perfect device and price to play around with ROMs and such.  I was going to follow this to start:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317500  

I'm new to it but that sounds like the easiest, cleanest way to get fairly plain Android (CM10.1 is based on 4.2).  Sounds like there are more complex potential issues if you want to run 4.3 (CM10.2).  Smarter people than I am seem to be working on it though - so hopefully they'll sort it out by the time I get bored with 4.2.

Mine arrived today, and although I don't have time to play around with it, it looks pretty good so far.  Came in a retail box sealed with a CPO sticker.  Everything inside looked clean and practically good as new, with the tablet being wrapped up in the form-fitted plastic it's supposed to come in.  I think I might keep it wrapped up until I get a screen protector for it.

Got mine too, and wouldn't know it was not new except for the sticker on the box. Packaging has to be factory refurbished - too refined.

Doesn't have the brick bug eMMC either, so yay!

Ditto as above for looking new. Putting CM 10.1 on via instructions above was super easy too. Highly recommend it.

got mine today. there is no way these are "reconditioned". they are brand new units sold as reconditioned at a lower price to move inventory while protecting the silly MSRP. Roku does the same thing and many manufacturers as well.

I guess this seller did come through. Several people gave red for the seller alone, way to go.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014