• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hey all, got a Lexar 64GB micro SD card for 19.99 at Office Depot today.  Wasn't clearanced out just sale price on the shelf.  Online shows 39.99 so this might be instore only, YMMV.  I am in San Antonio, went to 3 different stores today and they all had it.  receipt attached.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/492446/Lexar-microSDHC-Mem...  

edit:  was browsing fatwallet and noticed there is a 10% instore coupon available as well.  final price is $18.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1314738/ 

Office Depot
See Office Depot discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Lexar 64GB Class 10 micro SD card (86.56kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
A lost cause... no restock and who knows when they'll restock it. I'll keep checking and if it comes back this week, I'... (more)

rsuaver (Nov. 19, 2013 @ 11:06a) |

FYI......
This card is recognized in the Nook HD+ 9" tablet, but not in the Hisense Sero 7 Pro.

cyclerJim (Nov. 20, 2013 @ 4:50p) |

Might show up if you reformat it to FAT32.

goodvibes (Nov. 20, 2013 @ 5:33p) |

Staff Summary

Nice Deal, will have to hit the store tomorrow and see what they ring up as!

Does OD now accept Office Max rewards certificates?

DaveFarmington said:   Does OD now accept Office Max rewards certificates?
  No

Read third question down. 

Bought the last one at Rosemont, IL store. Website shows $39.99 and it came up as $39.99 at register but the shelf tag clearly reads $19.99. Required manager override which was done without question once they saw the shelf tag. Funny thing is that the 32GB version right below it was on sale for $24.99. Pretty sure it's some kind of price mistake as both versions had an original price of $49.99. The manager also took the Staples 10% coupon but did tell me that it normally only applies to non-sale items. $19.61 out the door for me, thanks OP!

I ordered online and it showed "Backordered, to be shipped when available."

thinksnow said:   I ordered online and it showed "Backordered, to be shipped when available."
  I wonder if the online availability matches the B&M availability. If you are in the market for one, better the check the store.

adet0303 said:   Bought the last one at Rosemont, IL store. Website shows $39.99 and it came up as $39.99 at register but the shelf tag clearly reads $19.99. Required manager override which was done without question once they saw the shelf tag. Funny thing is that the 32GB version right below it was on sale for $24.99. Pretty sure it's some kind of price mistake as both versions had an original price of $49.99. The manager also took the Staples 10% coupon but did tell me that it normally only applies to non-sale items. $19.61 out the door for me, thanks OP!

Will stop by in a couple of hours as I see one in stock.  But question is - does the shelf tag is still there?  We'll find out...

Thanks, got two. Manager originally only wanted to honor one but talked her into two. She said a memo got sent from corporate to pull the tag off the shelves. Wouldn't expect this to last much longer.

stanski1 said:   
DaveFarmington said:   Does OD now accept Office Max rewards certificates?
  No

Read  third question down. 

Thanks for the link. Does anyone know if OD/OM accept each other's store credit or GCs?

The fact that the memory is now ringing back at full price at this store leads me to believe this is just a remnant of the sale price mixup earlier posted . So it looks like the YMMV part is going to be if your management went through with the urgent message to revert the shelf tag price back to normal.

Very YMMV now.

The one in stock was pulled by the manager. They said they will give it to me tomorrow if they get more stock. Then she tried to argue the price was 40 and not 20 until I show them the shelf price.

She called on the radio to pull it out, but said she will honor it tomorrow.

We shall see of she will blatantly deny talking to me tomorrow. I did take a picture if the tag.

I used to work retail for a company that had a bunch of price tag mistakes. As long as you show up with the tag still there and there is not sign displaying the price mistake they are obligated to sell it to you at that price. All of the stores have probably removed the tag by now though.

Yeah, which is why I screen-captured the original page, my order before, during, and after processing. I'm sure they'll find a reason not to honor the online transaction, though. I wish there was an OD closer to Cleveland than Pittsburgh...

Thank you dataflux,
Because of your post I got two of them at my OD this afternoon. Yesterday I saw the deal and had two in my cart, but I fooled around in my account settings and when I went to check out the price had changed. I was so mad at myself for taking too long to check out that I missed the deal. But then around 11am today  I saw your post and it made me think that I should give it a try at the OD that is only 2 miles from home. They had 2 on the rack with the $19.99 sale price. When I checked out the price was $39.99, but they  had no problem with  giving me the $19.99 price when I showed them the price on the shelf.
Thanks to you I got in on a deal that I thought I had lost. Three cheers to you........................

Thanks OP. Went to my local OD but the tag was already at 39.99. Congrats to everyone who are able to snag it!

I was able to get 5 of these, and was able to get another store to substitute the standard size SD cards for me. I was very surprised when the manager overrode the price from $104 to $20. It was really cool, and both stores even took the Office Depot $20 off $100 coupon too (It say it excludes technology items.) It was a great shopping experience. It seems that the Office Depots in my area are being really lenient with their coupons lately.

mactech said:   I was able to get 5 of these, and was able to get another store to substitute the standard size SD cards for me. I was very surprised when the manager overrode the price from $104 to $20. It was really cool, and both stores even took the Office Depot $20 off $100 coupon too (It say it excludes technology items.) It was a great shopping experience. It seems that the Office Depots in my area are being really lenient with their coupons lately.

Store asst. manager was willing to sub another 64gb micro SD for the price.  I said, I don't care about it being microSD so I would take a regular SD.  But decided to check stock and manager intervened and went south from there.  At least she did offer to honor the price for tomorrow provided they do come in (I seriously doubt it).  Asst. manager had checked with their system and showed no ETA.

It was on sale on Sunday morning. I ordered two for pickup without any issue. The price was changed later in the day. When I was at my local OD, I saw at least one more in a box with price 19.99 marked on it.

my order was cancelled, here is my online chat today:
Chat Transcript
Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have been connected to Allan.
Allan: Hi Welcome to Office Depot. How may I assist you?
Customer: i see my order 686xxxx-001 has been cancelled but i received no email notice except fm paypal

Customer: why was it cancelled?
Allan: Please give me a moment
Customer: ok
Allan: Thank you for your patience.
Allan: I am very sorry to say the order got deleted since the item is not in got stock, you can place the new backorder so that you can get the item once the item is restocked
Customer: the price has doubled now. it was listed as backordered when i placed my order. why would i pay more?
Customer: i was willing to wait
Allan: I am sorry that was the sale price, you can place the order now with the current sale price for the item
Customer: why was it cancelled
Allan: I am sorry that order was cancelled from our warehouse team since the item is not available
Customer: its still not avaialble but i am able to reorder at a higher price....
Allan: I am sorry since the sale got expired the price of the item was increased
Customer: i'll be sure to share this with my shopping friends on .....and fatwallet..

Went to my local store.  Was no longer at $19.99.  Manager said it was a one day price mistake.  The honored it while the tag was up.

So this is one time that you should call, and I did.

I spoke to a CSR who informed me that he was very sorry to hear that my backorder had been cancelled, but he agreed that he could see that the item is available online and would I like to place an order today for it?
I said “Yes, I sure would.”
He went through all the order-taking stuff and said, “Okay, that is one Lexar 64GB card for $39.99…”
“No, no, no- my original backordered item was $19.99, it was canceled today and yet Office Depot shows the item available today. You can’t cancel an order just to raise prices.”

He stopped, said he understood and would ask his supervisor for approval to change the price back to $19.99, and would I mind holding?
“No problem.”

[1 minute on hold goes by] 

He comes back, “I was able to get the price changed to $19.99 for you, would you like to complete the order?”
“Yes, yes I would. Thank you.” 

From that point, it was the normal up-sell attempts, “Need any paper today? How about a card reader?” but they also had one last trick: shipping

When I originally ordered, I  had >$50, so shipping was free. They tried to tack on shipping, bringing the total up to $32! When I pointed out that my original order had free shipping, he checked, agreed that it should be good here, too, and fixed it. 

Through the whole thing, I was polite, I did not accuse him of anything or make sarcastic/snarky comments about bait-and-switch pricing, and I got what I wanted.

A lost cause... no restock and who knows when they'll restock it. I'll keep checking and if it comes back this week, I'll give it a shot...

FYI......
This card is recognized in the Nook HD+ 9" tablet, but not in the Hisense Sero 7 Pro.

Might show up if you reformat it to FAT32.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014