• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Online Only (On my Amex card offer) Not available to everyone.
Terms:
Valid online only. In store transactions are excluded. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 1/6/14, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.

Member Summary

Tiger Direct
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Do they send out their eGCs immediately? Not much time left in the promo. I already ordered $100 but they backordered an... (more)

Freakazoid (Jan. 04, 2014 @ 9:07p) |

i am in the same boat.  not sure what to do.  may call and see if they can charge my cc today.

UPDATE: called and they ju... (more)

overtrik (Jan. 06, 2014 @ 9:34a) |

FYI

I ordered a GC on 1/1; GC was emailed 1/3.
Charged posted with date = 1/1.
MEX offer shows redeemed 1/1 under My Saving... (more)

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Jan. 06, 2014 @ 11:20a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does this work with American Express prepaided cards too? or only Credit Card holders which is what I suspect..

Thanks in advance
Ms kassie

Thanks.

I have it.  Thanks OP.

I wonder if this can be used on FAR items.

niniss said:   I wonder if this can be used on FAR items.
  I don't see why not.  You don't get the money back until after the rebate and Amex has no idea about that.

niniss said:   I wonder if this can be used on FAR items.
  
Certainly.  AMEX doesn't care what you buy.  Spend your money, charge to your AMEX, they see the charge, they issue credit.  Submitting for a rebate on the back end is up to you.

 

seems like a targeted offer. doesn't show up as an offer for me.

Nice, been waiting to get a new router, just made the decision easier.

labboypro said:   
niniss said:   I wonder if this can be used on FAR items.
  
Certainly.  AMEX doesn't care what you buy.  Spend your money, charge to your AMEX, they see the charge, they issue credit.  Submitting for a rebate on the back end is up to you.

 

  Labboypro - In Feb of this year I did a Total defense IS rebate through Staples.  Do you think i will have trouble with TD rebate if i do this one too?  Thanks in advance for your help!

niniss said:   
Labboypro - In Feb of this year I did a Total defense IS rebate through Staples.  Do you think i will have trouble with TD rebate if i do this one too?  Thanks in advance for your help!

  
Rebates are unrelated to the OP topic.  You need to look at rebate offer numbers.  If they are the same, you need to look at T&C to see if limit 1 per address/household/person/whatever.  If they are different, you're probably fine with submitting second one... but, as always, YMMV.  You may want to search Deal Discussion threads for specific rebate/rebate company info.


 

labboypro said:   
niniss said:   
Labboypro - In Feb of this year I did a Total defense IS rebate through Staples.  Do you think i will have trouble with TD rebate if i do this one too?  Thanks in advance for your help!

  
Rebates are unrelated to the OP topic.  You need to look at rebate offer numbers.  If they are the same, you need to look at T&C to see if limit 1 per address/household/person/whatever.  If they are different, you're probably fine with submitting second one... but, as always, YMMV.  You may want to search Deal Discussion threads for specific rebate/rebate company info.


 

  i just checked my Feb rebate, it was mailed to Staples's rebate center, so i don't have any detail. oh well.  thanks anyway. 

No luck with my Costco AMEX. Bummer

duplicated

Has anyone had any experiences with the "limit 1 per online account" with other previous offers with the same restriction? I have 3 cards under 1 online account and I was able to add the offer to all 3 cards and they are showing under "my offers" separately. Has anyone had success getting more than 1 credit with multiple cards with previous offers having the same "limit 1 per online account" restriction? Amex's usual restriction is one per card so this one per online account seems alarming.

BlissWorld said:   Has anyone had any experiences with the "limit 1 per online account" with other previous offers with the same restriction? I have 3 cards under 1 online account and I was able to add the offer to all 3 cards and they are showing under "my offers" separately. Has anyone had success getting more than 1 credit with multiple cards with previous offers having the same "limit 1 per online account" restriction? Amex's usual restriction is one per card so this one per online account seems alarming.
  

If each is it's own distinct card with own bill, then yes, you can get it 3 times.

If you simply have additional cards under one primary account (say wife/kids with extra cards on same master account) then, no. 1x for all 3.

Any good Hard drive deals?

Does anyone have any experience using multiple Gift Cards on a single purchase with TD ? I have the offer in several cards and I'd love to get multiple GCs and purchase a large TV.

Yuyak said:   No luck with my Costco AMEX. Bummer
  It's on my Costo AMEX card.

How did you guys know you got the deal or not?

Thanks MrsGuin for your Amex post about Tiger Direct.  Here are the details to get the deal:  Log into your AmEx account. Search for: 'Offers for You' spend & get savings tab to pull up offers.  Click on the tabs you want to save the offers to your AmEx card. Enjoy your savings!

PS-These offers were in my Costco Card.

TJTX said:   How did you guys know you got the deal or not?
  It should show up in your amex account, under "Offers for you" tab

MISTERCHEAP said:   
BlissWorld said:   Has anyone had any experiences with the "limit 1 per online account" with other previous offers with the same restriction? I have 3 cards under 1 online account and I was able to add the offer to all 3 cards and they are showing under "my offers" separately. Has anyone had success getting more than 1 credit with multiple cards with previous offers having the same "limit 1 per online account" restriction? Amex's usual restriction is one per card so this one per online account seems alarming.
  

If each is it's own distinct card with own bill, then yes, you can get it 3 times.

If you simply have additional cards under one primary account (say wife/kids with extra cards on same master account) then, no. 1x for all 3.

  
So when T&C states per online account, it means max one per account including authorized users (total of 1x). When T&C states per card across all amex platform channels, then it means one for each of the authorized users (so if you have 1 primary plus 2 additional, then you can get a total of 3x)?

niniss said:   
  i just checked my Feb rebate, it was mailed to Staples's rebate center, so i don't have any detail. oh well.  thanks anyway. 

  
1) you should always keep copies of EVERYTHING related to a rebate.  You'll get eaten alive in the rebate game if you don't do this, and 2) stapleseasyrebates.com to look up rebate info (including offer number).
 

I have an amex serve card, does anyone know if this would apply to that?

Why can't AMEX just sync these on Twitter and FB like they used to. Their new method of giving offers to selected accounts makes me kind of angry at them because I have yet to get one good offer from them.

MPoWeRM3 said:   Why can't AMEX just sync these on Twitter and FB like they used to. Their new method of giving offers to selected accounts makes me kind of angry at them because I have yet to get one good offer from them.
  

They're not trying to just give away money.  They're trying to generate business through advertising.  The FB/Twitter deals end up being a free-for-all... which costs more (and probably benefits them less) than targeted advertising.  I realize those of us on FW are generally out to "game the system" a little... but that's not THEIR goal.
 

There have been quite a few AmEx statement credit offers coming up these days. All the offers have a same fine print saying "Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels". Does it mean that you can only use one offer for a given card? For example, if you have taken the Ruby Tuesday offer, you can not use this TigerDirect offer anymore?

whoever said:   There have been quite a few AmEx statement credit offers coming up these days. All the offers have a same fine print saying "Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels". Does it mean that you can only use one offer for a given card? For example, if you have taken the Ruby Tuesday offer, you can not use this TigerDirect offer anymore?
  
No, it means if you signed up your card on FB for the Ruby Tuesday deal, you can't signthe same card up on Twitter and get the Ruby Tues credit twice

freakinout said:   
whoever said:   There have been quite a few AmEx statement credit offers coming up these days. All the offers have a same fine print saying "Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels". Does it mean that you can only use one offer for a given card? For example, if you have taken the Ruby Tuesday offer, you can not use this TigerDirect offer anymore?
  
No, it means if you signed up your card on FB for the Ruby Tuesday deal, you can't signthe same card up on Twitter and get the Ruby Tues credit twice

 Thanks for the answer but I'm still confused. I have only one Amex card and there are over 30 offers under the "Offers for You" section. Am I able to use all the offers and get all the credits?

whoever said:   
freakinout said:   
whoever said:   There have been quite a few AmEx statement credit offers coming up these days. All the offers have a same fine print saying "Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels". Does it mean that you can only use one offer for a given card? For example, if you have taken the Ruby Tuesday offer, you can not use this TigerDirect offer anymore?
  
No, it means if you signed up your card on FB for the Ruby Tuesday deal, you can't signthe same card up on Twitter and get the Ruby Tues credit twice

 Thanks for the answer but I'm still confused. I have only one Amex card and there are over 30 offers under the "Offers for You" section. Am I able to use all the offers and get all the credits?

  
The previous poster just answered.  There are multiple ways to sign up for an offer in many cases.  With the exception of the BP offer, you will only receive one credit per offer per card regardless of how or how many times you sign up.  So yes, if you have 30 offers, you can select any or all of them and use as many as you want.  You cannot sign up for a particular offer, use it, and then sign up again elsewhere and get the Cash Back.  If you had multiple cards, you could sign up for each offer for each card.

So yes, you can use all the offers and get all the credits, but only once per offer (with the exception of BP).

hpmax said:   
whoever said:   
freakinout said:   
whoever said:   There have been quite a few AmEx statement credit offers coming up these days. All the offers have a same fine print saying "Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels". Does it mean that you can only use one offer for a given card? For example, if you have taken the Ruby Tuesday offer, you can not use this TigerDirect offer anymore?
  
No, it means if you signed up your card on FB for the Ruby Tuesday deal, you can't signthe same card up on Twitter and get the Ruby Tues credit twice

 Thanks for the answer but I'm still confused. I have only one Amex card and there are over 30 offers under the "Offers for You" section. Am I able to use all the offers and get all the credits?

  
The previous poster just answered.  There are multiple ways to sign up for an offer in many cases.  With the exception of the BP offer, you will only receive one credit per offer per card regardless of how or how many times you sign up.  So yes, if you have 30 offers, you can select any or all of them and use as many as you want.  You cannot sign up for a particular offer, use it, and then sign up again elsewhere and get the Cash Back.  If you had multiple cards, you could sign up for each offer for each card.

So yes, you can use all the offers and get all the credits, but only once per offer (with the exception of BP).

  Thanks a lot for clarification!

hpmax said:   
whoever said:   
freakinout said:   
whoever said:   There have been quite a few AmEx statement credit offers coming up these days. All the offers have a same fine print saying "Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels". Does it mean that you can only use one offer for a given card? For example, if you have taken the Ruby Tuesday offer, you can not use this TigerDirect offer anymore?
  
No, it means if you signed up your card on FB for the Ruby Tuesday deal, you can't signthe same card up on Twitter and get the Ruby Tues credit twice

 Thanks for the answer but I'm still confused. I have only one Amex card and there are over 30 offers under the "Offers for You" section. Am I able to use all the offers and get all the credits?

  
The previous poster just answered.  There are multiple ways to sign up for an offer in many cases.  With the exception of the BP offer, you will only receive one credit per offer per card regardless of how or how many times you sign up.  So yes, if you have 30 offers, you can select any or all of them and use as many as you want.  You cannot sign up for a particular offer, use it, and then sign up again elsewhere and get the Cash Back.  If you had multiple cards, you could sign up for each offer for each card.

So yes, you can use all the offers and get all the credits, but only once per offer (with the exception of BP).

  And that isn't quite correct for some of us.  We can use each offer 1 time only.

I have multiple cards.  If I add an offer to a card, it is no longer available for a different card.
If I add it to a card, and then try to finalize the offer with another card, I do not get the credit.

Which really sucks... because I have 6 AMex'es....

Technologist said:    And that isn't quite correct for some of us.  We can use each offer 1 time only.

I have multiple cards.  If I add an offer to a card, it is no longer available for a different card.
If I add it to a card, and then try to finalize the offer with another card, I do not get the credit.

Which really sucks... because I have 6 AMex'es....

This problem has been addressed long before, unregister extra cards by going to Profile and Preferences --> See More Options --> ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT --> Online Access & Authorized Users --> Remove Card from Online Management. Then re-register each card to a new online account.

Edit: for clarification, if all your cards are registered to one online account, doing above will be able to add the same offer to all of your cards if all your cards are targeted instead of adding the offer to one card and it is no longer available for other cards.

Which is why I say it doesn't work for some of us.  I'd rather have all 6 of my cards in 1 account.  Yes, I lose out on some benefits which can be gamed, but I can tell at a glance (without logging in 6 times) if something is going wrong on one of my cards.

labboypro said:   
MPoWeRM3 said:   Why can't AMEX just sync these on Twitter and FB like they used to. Their new method of giving offers to selected accounts makes me kind of angry at them because I have yet to get one good offer from them.
  

They're not trying to just give away money.  They're trying to generate business through advertising.  The FB/Twitter deals end up being a free-for-all... which costs more (and probably benefits them less) than targeted advertising.  I realize those of us on FW are generally out to "game the system" a little... but that's not THEIR goal.

  I think they can put a sync cap on FB/Twitter if they don't want free-for-all, like first 5000 people who sync first get it. There's got to be a better way to achieve their goals than what they are currently doing.

MPoWeRM3 said:   
I think they can put a sync cap on FB/Twitter if they don't want free-for-all, like first 5000 people who sync first get it. There's got to be a better way to achieve their goals than what they are currently doing.

  
Possibly, but "first 5000" isn't a demographic (except maybe "people who happen to be sitting in front of a computer when the offer goes live").  REAL demographics are at their fingertips through the account side of things (household income, education level, FICO, whatever) ... and then they can Target who they want.

Was thinking of ordering their GC -- anyone know if we can use multiple GCs for an online order or only 1?

Thanks OP. I didn't have it initially, but now I have it on my Hhonors card. Wonder if Amex is rolling this out in stages.

Skipping 70 Messages...
FYI

I ordered a GC on 1/1; GC was emailed 1/3.
Charged posted with date = 1/1.
MEX offer shows redeemed 1/1 under My Savings tab.
$30 credit posted 1/4.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014