$199 boxed i7-4770K @ microCenter b&m

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz Socket LGA 1150 Boxed Processor 521310 - Micro Center
Disclaimer
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.aspx?sku=583369#  
(a fan is included)
if you're lucky enough to be close to a microCenter that still has some in stock... 

regular price around $370. can get on eBay around $325
here you get 1 per household for around $212 after tax

I wish I was at home. 

Member Summary

processor
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Dead? Showing up $279.99 in the NY/NJ area.

russ0519 (Nov. 22, 2013 @ 5:23p) |

+1  I would also never consider to switch to Intel i-series since they are so expensive. I am still using my Phenom II X... (more)

netmaster911 (Nov. 22, 2013 @ 7:04p) |

I don't have a board to go with it atm because I didn't expect myself to be getting a haswell i7, which requires a 1150 ... (more)

lacuriouspilot (Nov. 22, 2013 @ 7:32p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Argh. I need to move closer to a Microcenter. This deal is CRAZY good, super hot!!! Nice find OP, hope some people take advantage of this.

Great price but no Microcenter in my state either.

i think i might take advantage of this

This deal is red hot!

I am SO GLAD I'm flying into Houston next week! Thanks OP!

There are also some motherboards that get discounted when added to cart with this processor. See this page:here

Add the motherboard separately, not in a bundle, and it will discount it.

DrummerJoe said:   There are also some motherboards that get discounted when added to cart with this processor. See this page:here  

Add the motherboard separately, not in a bundle, and it will discount it.

But the CPU is in-store only deal.......

Edit: Nevermind, in-store pickup, I see.  *sigh*  I wish they would just ship, I would pay the extra shipping on this CPU deal....

I was able to get a PM @ Staples.  $201.86 (inc. tax) after apply $10 off $50 coupon.

corletts said:   I was able to get a PM @ Staples.  $201.86 (inc. tax) after apply $10 off $50 coupon.
  Staples sells CPUs......   ?

Edit:  I can find it on Staples' website, but I have no idea how you got the PM....  seems unlikely, based on an in-store only vs. a website only purchase, in which the in-store only place is located in select areas.

crazy deal. Priced it with Z87 MSI board for another $45 off for $265 total. Of course now I have to find someone to pick them up and mail them for me

ebbikenezer said:   
corletts said:   I was able to get a PM @ Staples.  $201.86 (inc. tax) after apply $10 off $50 coupon.

Edit:  I can find it on Staples' website, but I have no idea how you got the PM....  seems unlikely, based on an in-store only vs. a website only purchase, in which the in-store only place is located in select areas.

Agree it seemed unlikely, but I also got Staples to PM it. I used their online chat, placed the order online and they adjusted the price for me right then.

Folks on another forum also report success with this same method.

If you are like me and have a 2500k and are thinking about this deal, check out this write up on the somewhat negligible differences for GAMING: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28517633-I5-2500K-vs-I7-4770K-G...  

edit:  updated to specify GAMING as you are correct BloodyInsane, plenty of other things will benefit more from the upgrade.

crhptic said:   
ebbikenezer said:   

Agree it seemed unlikely, but I also got Staples to PM it. I used their online chat, placed the order online and they adjusted the price for me right then.

Folks on another forum also report success with this same method.

Confirmed myself, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn...too bad the Microcenter closed in my area...

This worked doing a PM through live online chat (Staples), I also will get the 5% back in rewards (confirmed with rep). You purchase the CPU, then ask them to refund/credit the difference on the order number, which they do. IF you do it all while chatting with them, you only get charged the lower amount since they edit the order before processing the payment. With the 5% rewards, it's actually slightly better than the Microcenter deal, plus it's shipped to my door. Thanks again to those who helped via PM and thanks so much OP for the post.

worked for me also. did the same thing. Online chat.

Thanks OP. I have reserved one for pickup.

In for one! Great pricing and thanks for letting me know about the Staples PM!

Parthanon said:   If you are like me and have a 2500k and are thinking about this deal, check out this write up on the somewhat negligible differences: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28517633-I5-2500K-vs-I7-4770K-G...
  That write-up only deals with gaming performance. With the exception of a few AI and/or Physics heavy games like Civ 5 and Starcraft, games tend to be more GPU bound than CPU bound, which explains the near identical results between the Sandy Bridge and Haswell cores.

For CPU intensive tasks, like rendering, transcoding, compression, media editing, I/O, the 4770k is much faster than the 2500k. The i7 will also have a higher performance/watt ratio, being on the 22nm process.
Anandtech  

Successfully price matched thru Staples customer support. $217 in Oklahoma after tax, %5 rewards. Thanks so much! I will be investing the savings in a liquid cooler

Sorry double post.

First attempt via Staples chat the guy was a douche said can't price match because they sold out at Staples and microcenter.
Second attempt was a lady and she said yes they can price match for $199.99 but in the end my card was charged $192?

Kloud said:   Successfully price matched thru Staples customer support. $217 in Oklahoma after tax, %5 rewards. Thanks so much! I will be investing the savings in a liquid cooler

Woohoo.   Same here.  Was able to do a PM over the phone for $199 as well.   

Now to wait for a good BF deal on Motherboard, Memory, Videocard and Power Supply.  

can finally build a computer with the Antec 900 case that I bought few years ago.

Kloud said:   Successfully price matched thru Staples customer support. $217 in Oklahoma after tax, %5 rewards. Thanks so much! I will be investing the savings in a liquid cooler
How were you guys able to get them to price match? This is what I got from Staples' website:

Which competitors will Staples price match?
Staples retail stores will price match prices at brick–n–mortar retail stores and at Staples.com.Staples.com will price match prices at select competitors' websites and Staples' retail stores. These select competitors are: Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Dell, Hewlett Packard, Office Depot, Office Max, Quill , Medical Arts Press, Reliable, Sam's Club, Wal–mart, WB Mason and Xerox. Items must be sold and shipped by one of these competitors. 

I was able to price match a little earlier today. Total ended up $217 taxed in CA. for the i7.

I paid $400 for my P2-400, so obviously a good deal.

lacuriouspilot said:   
How were you guys able to get them to price match? This is what I got from Staples' website:

Staples retail stores will price match prices at brick–n–mortar retail stores and at Staples.com.Staples.com will price match prices at select competitors' websites and Staples' retail stores. These select competitors are: Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Dell, Hewlett Packard, Office Depot, Office Max, Quill , Medical Arts Press, Reliable, Sam's Club, Wal–mart, WB Mason and Xerox. Items must be sold and shipped by one of these competitors. 

Call up 800-3STAPLE
Ask to pricematch
Give them Staples ITEM  IM1QX8539
They asked who you want to pricematch to.
Told them Microcenter.com
Customer service will go off to the microcenter and look for the part and make sure they have it in stock.
Comes back and said they can pricematch.
Give your info and credit card (remember to give them your Staples reward #).
Get purchase confirm #.
Check your order status on Staples.com to make sure you get the $199.99 pricematched price.

thanks OP. successful Staples Pricematch on phone.. deliver to store.

Price match at Staples still works tonight.  I talked to a CSR who said she had just done 3 of these price matches in the last hour.  She didn't even go to the MicroCenter website, she just put the order in.  Total of about 3 minutes on the phone: $215.74 shipped to my house.

Sweet!

You're close enough* to Dallas to chip in and support your local Microcenter. They deserve it, if for no other reason that they are not Staples/TigerDirect or the now-absorbed CompUSA. 

*I'm 30 miles from OK, and would still make the drive. 

Damn, oos in OC/CA

This makes me kick myself for not grabbing that $30 socket 1150 MB Newegg had last week.

I've been waiting all year for a deal like this and I finally got in!  The Staples lady rep was really nice and it didn't even matter that Microcenter is OOS.  It kinda makes up for missing out on the PS4 deal earlier.  No suck is Staples!

*FIXED* $20 off coupon  Use the coupon code and purchase one before you contact Staples. $179.99+ tax
Keep trying if they refuse to price match.

I am in the market for an i5 3570k. Just called Staples and the PM was successful: 149.99+tax.

Kinda funny though i read him the correct Staples item# for my i5 twice but somehow he managed to pull up the i7-4770k price at microcenter and said it's 199.99 lol.  So i kindly corrected him it's the i5 3570k that I need and it's 149.99.
I was asking about shipping method he said it's free shipping straight to my home via UPS! I dont even have to go to pick it up. Very nice deal indeed. I dont think i can sleep tonight

Just logged in Staples.com to see my order status as "Processing order". Hopefully everything will go smoothly into the shipping stage.

Teknagen said:   $20 off coupon link  Use the coupon code and purchase one before you contact Staples. $179.99+ tax

Thank you!
I called Staples back and told them i was too excited and forgot to provide the coupon to the representative earlier.

The lady was so polite and she adjusted the order and put in the $20 coupon for me. 129.99 + tax. OMG.

HKSturboKid said:   
lacuriouspilot said:   

Call up 800-3STAPLE
Ask to pricematch
Give them Staples ITEM  IM1QX8539
They asked who you want to pricematch to.
Told them Microcenter.com
Customer service will go off to the microcenter and look for the part and make sure they have it in stock.
Comes back and said they can pricematch.
Give your info and credit card (remember to give them your Staples reward #).
Get purchase confirm #.
Check your order status on Staples.com to make sure you get the $199.99 pricematched price.

Thanks for the reply, I tried that and I was told that because microcenter.com does not ship the item, one can only buy it from their local store, therefore they couldn't price match it.

fattykokoya said:   
Teknagen said:   $20 off coupon link    Use the coupon code and purchase one before you contact Staples. $179.99+ tax

Thank you!
I called Staples back and told them i was too excited and forgot to provide the coupon to the representative earlier.

The lady was so polite and she adjusted the order and put in the $20 coupon for me. 129.99 + tax. OMG.

Site says:  Coupon was already used

BigWhy said:   
fattykokoya said:   
Teknagen said:   $20 off coupon link     Use the coupon code and purchase one before you contact Staples. $179.99+ tax

Thank you!

Site says:  Coupon was already used

It says "Expires 10/05/13". 

Skipping 57 Messages...
netmaster911 said:   
lacuriouspilot said:   
spacejamz said:   I want to jump on this but my $229 i7-2600k from microcenter is still running flawlessly...along with my microcenter $179 i5-2500k in my 'junker' pc....

I am sensing a pattern here....LOL

I personally had never bought a CPU worth more than $60, and I'm getting sick of myself being cheap with a sub-par PC, that's why I got this while I was looking for an i5 4570. I usually would not even consider an i7 which costs $300+, because I know I don't need that much processing power, but this deal is so good that its price dropped to the price range of i5s, and it's performance/price ratio is almost the same as a Celeron G1610, which is the one I'm using now.

If I were you, I would invest that extra money you were about to spend, and know that I will have that money to buy something nice in 2015.

+1  I would also never consider to switch to Intel i-series since they are so expensive. I am still using my Phenom II X4 830 Processor (paid $50 back in beginning of 2012)  
This deal seems insane smoking hot and decided to give Intel a shot.

I paired this CPU with Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H. This board has the ability to be hackintosh and Z87 chipset for cheap. What mobo are you using with this cpu?

I don't have a board to go with it atm because I didn't expect myself to be getting a haswell i7, which requires a 1150 board. I'm gonna wait for Black Friday to get one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014