$199 boxed i7-4770K @ microCenter b&m

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Looks like I'm late to the party. Anyone have any luck price matching anywhere other than Staples? I contacted Best Buy's customer service and they said they do not offer price matching with Microcenter.

I'm going to microcenter tonight. I made three orders for the $199 chip. I know I can only walk out with one. I kept changing my mind on the mobo I wanted with it. I'm going with the asus hero. If anyone in chicago wants to try there luck and seeing if they really held three of these chips for me, someone is welcome to it. Send me an pm.

Went on chat to ask about PM for the i5-3570K. Rep said to place order online, and then he would update order with price match. Asked about applying $20 off $100 coupon, but rep said it would factor into price match. Might try to chat again later to see if I can get coupon applied. On the order update email, it clearly shows price match so I will probably get shot down.

Update
Went on chat a few hours later and said: "I placed an order earlier today, but I forgot to apply a coupon. Can you apply the coupon to the order now?" †Rep asked for order number and coupon code. After confirming my name and shipping address, rep replied†"You will receive a refund in the amount of $21.77."

It's taken me several tries and a few days of patience and perseverance, but I finally got a rep to price-match it for me. Thank you OP, and thank you all who provided information to make it possible, this must be the best CPU deal I've ever gotten, it's an early Christmas present for myself, Yay!†

you get the order and then pricematch, to me they told me ara under the cost...

Staples email shows it's expected to arrive 11/20. †Today, UPS shows the package is still in Hodgkins, IL.

Staples website shows out of stock :C Not sure if i can call or what since i tried to add an i7 to my cart and it redirected me to an out of stock page. I might have been to late to the party ;s

Microcenter deal is dead. Ended on 11/21/13. 4770k is on sale for $280.

Its funny how my 2 local MC showed none in stock last night but this morning when the sale prices changed they went to 10+ in stock.

Zuke76 said:   Microcenter deal is dead. Ended on 11/21/13. 4770k is on sale for $280.

Its funny how my 2 local MC showed none in stock last night but this morning when the sale prices changed they went to 10+ in stock.

† Not that funny.

On Wednesday, Houston had "3 in stock," but Dallas was out. Yesterday, Houston was out, but Dallas had "10+" in stock. I'm pretty sure they were restocking because of the demand, but missed the sale date.

got this with the Asus hero!! awesome deal =)

I want to jump on this but my $229 i7-2600k from microcenter is still running flawlessly...along with my microcenter $179 i5-2500k in my 'junker' pc....

I am sensing a pattern here....LOL

spacejamz said:   I want to jump on this but my $229 i7-2600k from microcenter is still running flawlessly...along with my microcenter $179 i5-2500k in my 'junker' pc....

† I personally had never bought a CPU worth more than $60, and I'm getting sick of myself being cheap with a sub-par PC, that's why I got this while I was looking for an i5 4570. I usually would not even consider an i7 which costs $300+, because I know I don't need that much processing power, but this deal is so good that its price dropped to the price range of i5s, and it's performance/price ratio is almost the same as a Celeron G1610, which is the one I'm using now.

If I were you, I would invest that extra money you were about to spend, and know that I will have that money to buy something nice in 2015.

Got this + the ED30EFRX disks. Any deals on MB, RAM, htpc case/PSU?

Thanks

Dead? Showing up $279.99 in the NY/NJ area.

lacuriouspilot said:   
spacejamz said:   I want to jump on this but my $229 i7-2600k from microcenter is still running flawlessly...along with my microcenter $179 i5-2500k in my 'junker' pc....

† I personally had never bought a CPU worth more than $60, and I'm getting sick of myself being cheap with a sub-par PC, that's why I got this while I was looking for an i5 4570. I usually would not even consider an i7 which costs $300+, because I know I don't need that much processing power, but this deal is so good that its price dropped to the price range of i5s, and it's performance/price ratio is almost the same as a Celeron G1610, which is the one I'm using now.

If I were you, I would invest that extra money you were about to spend, and know that I will have that money to buy something nice in 2015.

††
+1 †I would also never consider to switch to Intel i-series since they are so expensive. I am still using my Phenom II X4 830 Processor (paid $50 back in beginning of 2012) †
This deal seems insane smoking hot and decided to give Intel a shot.

I paired this CPU with Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H. This board has the ability to be hackintosh and Z87 chipset for cheap. What mobo are you using with this cpu?

netmaster911 said:   
lacuriouspilot said:   

††
+1 †I would also never consider to switch to Intel i-series since they are so expensive. I am still using my Phenom II X4 830 Processor (paid $50 back in beginning of 2012) †
This deal seems insane smoking hot and decided to give Intel a shot.

I paired this CPU with Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H. This board has the ability to be hackintosh and Z87 chipset for cheap. What mobo are you using with this cpu?

† I don't have a board to go with it atm because I didn't expect myself to be getting a haswell i7, which requires a 1150 board. I'm gonna wait for Black Friday to get one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014