• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Walmart to Price Match Best Black Friday Deals this Friday
Disclaimer
edit: better link: http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2013/11/19/walmart-turns-up...        

BENTONVILLE, Ark. – Nov. 19, 2013 – Holiday shoppers don’t have to wait until Black Friday to start shopping for deals at WalMart. At 8 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 22, WalMart will kick off a pre-Black Friday savings event in stores and online, lowering the prices on popular toys and electronics, to match select Black Friday offers from Target, Toys R’ Us and Best Buy one week early.

Beginning today, the retailer also extends its Christmas Ad Match * to WalMart.com customers. Customers who purchase an item on WalMart.com, and find a lower price in a local brick and mortar competitor, can email christmasadmatch@walmart.com and receive the difference on a gift card. The same policy is in place for customers at WalMart stores for items purchased Nov. 1 through Dec. 24, excluding Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday.

“Black Friday is our Super Bowl and we plan to win,” said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising and marketing officer, WalMart U.S. “With six fewer days from Thanksgiving to Christmas, the retail environment is more competitive than ever. Every opportunity to get a great deal – whether this weekend, on Thanksgiving Day or Black Friday weekend – matters for our customers. When it comes to price, we’re going to deliver for them.”

Examples of toys and electronics that are part of WalMart’s pre-Black Friday saving event, while supplies last, include:

Toys:

• LeapPad 2 – WAS: $79, NEW PRICE: $39.99
  • Little Tikes Cozy Coupe – WAS: $49.87, NEW PRICE: $34.99 
  • Nerf Rebelle Crossbow – WAS: $19.88, NEW PRICE: $11.99
  • Monopoly Board Game – WAS: $7.77, NEW PRICE: $5
  • Hot Wheels Single Car – WAS: .97 cents, NEW PRICE: .60 cents 

Electronics: 

• LG 50-inch HDTV – WAS: $598, NEW PRICE: $448
  • Skylanders and Infinity Starter Packs – WAS: $74.96, NEW PRICE: $37
  • Select PS4 and Xbox One Video Games such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14 and Battlefield 4 – WAS: $59.96, NEW PRICE: $49 

On Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and any of their shopping trips, customers can take advantage of the everyday ad match  policy* available at WalMart stores. If a customer spots a lower price on an advertised item, and comes into a WalMart store during the same day and time that the competitor’s ad is valid, WalMart will match the price at the register.

WalMart’s official Black Friday events  will take place at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day and 8 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 29. The retailer will offer 21 one-hour guarantee items, “Manager Specials” and more hot deals than ever on the season’s top gifts. Starting early on Thanksgiving morning, customers can shop on Walmart.com  for some of the Black Friday deals that will also be available in stores.

Customers can also take advantage of hundreds of online specials on Thanksgiving and Black Friday while supplies last.  Mac Naughton added, “Customers will ultimately decide when they want to shop. We have great options and great deals for them whenever, or however, they choose to shop WalMart.” 

*Editor’s Note: 
Christmas Ad Match applies to in-store prices only and excludes Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday ads.
WalMart stores will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product.  Restrictions apply. 1 Hour Guarantee items not available for ad match.

Member Summary

Walmart
Thanks erohrer
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
FYI, my local TRU won't PM to WalMart.

sechs (Nov. 26, 2013 @ 10:58a) |

I'm confused. Is the towel deal going on now or only on BF? I went last night, and didn't see any marked on sale. The on... (more)

Slickone (Nov. 26, 2013 @ 12:57p) |

RE:
StraightTalk Galaxy Cenutry for $29 and the in stock guarantee

I had an issue with the WM 1 hour guarantee on the pric... (more)

yesidonoitall (Nov. 28, 2013 @ 11:52p) |

Televisions: LG 50″ 50LN5200 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV $448.00
Toys: Clue Game 2013 Edition $5.00
Toys: Connect 4 Game $5.00
Toys: Hasbro Bop It Game $5.00
Toys: Hedbanz for Kids Board Game $5.00
Toys: Hot Wheels Single Car $0.60
Toys: Lalaloopsy Loopy Hair Doll, Jewel Sparkles $27.00
Toys: Lalaloopsy Loopy Hair Doll, Peanut Big Top $27.00
Toys: Leap Frog Explorer Software (All Titles) $15.00
Toys: LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer Kids’ Tablets for Learning, Green $39.99
Toys: Little Tikes 30th Anniversary Cozy Coupe $34.99
Toys: Marvel Iron Man 3 Sonic Blasting Iron Man 14″ Action Figure $24.49
Toys: Monopoly Game $5.00
Toys: Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 Blaster $27.99
Toys: Nerf Rebelle Guardian Crossbow Blaster $11.99
Toys: Novi Stars Doll (Assorted Variety) $4.99
Toys: Play-Doh 4 Pack $1.00
Toys: Sorry! 2013 Edition Game $5.00
Toys: Trouble Game $5.00
Toys: Trouble Game $5.00
Video Games: Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4) $49.00
Video Games: Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox One) $49.00
Video Games: Battlefield 4 (PS4) $49.00
Video Games: Battlefield 4 Limited Edition (Xbox One) $49.00
Video Games: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) $49.00
Video Games: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) $49.00
Video Games: Disney Infinity Starter Kit (PS3) $37.00
Video Games: Disney Infinity Starter Kit (Wii U) $37.00
Video Games: Disney Infinity Starter Kit (Wii) $37.00
Video Games: Disney Infinity Starter Kit (Xbox 360) $37.00
Video Games: FIFA Soccer 14 (PS4) $49.00
Video Games: FIFA Soccer 14 (Xbox One) $49.00
Video Games: Madden NFL 25 (PS4) $49.00
Video Games: Madden NFL 25 (Xbox One) $49.00
Video Games: NBA 2K14 (PS4) $49.00
Video Games: NBA 2K14 (Xbox One) $49.00
Video Games: Need for Speed: Rivals (PS4) $49.00
Video Games: Need for Speed: Rivals (Xbox One) $49.00
Video Games: Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack (Nintendo 3DS) $37.00
Video Games: Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack (PS3) $37.00
Video Games: Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack (PS4) $37.00
Video Games: Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack (Wii U) $37.00
Video Games: Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack (Wii) $37.00
Video Games: Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack (Xbox 360) $37.00
Video Games: Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack (Xbox One) $37.00
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wondering if they'll actually lower the prices on *everything* they're advertising on BF.  If so, could be a major score.....might have to be late to work that day..  

Brick and mortar only ? Would be great if it was also online.

Would be nice but not counting on it. The LG 50 inch TV went on sale but not the cheaper Emerson 50 inch for $288. Still hoping they put the 60 inch TV on sale early. But not holding my breathe.

It doesn't say if it's from 6 AM 11/22 until BF....or only a few hours on the 22nd...

I want the Emerson too.

At 8 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 22, WalMart will kick off a pre-Black Friday savings event in stores and online, lowering the prices on popular toys and electronics, to match select Black Friday offers from Target, Toys R’ Us and Best Buy one week early.

So it will be both and for items that the competitors will have on BF specials.  Put Target's iPad promotions and I'll be at the store this Friday morning and have dinner on Thanksgiving instead...

nerraw00 said:   Brick and mortar only ? Would be great if it was also online.

I believe that only refers to the Christmas Ad Match program.

I wonder if they will price match WalMart's own BF ad.......

thanks for this post!!

I plan to be at Wal-Mart 8am Fri! My son has been begging for those godforsaken Skylanders. Maybe i can enjoy Thanksgiving dinnner. )

Unless they are honoring the price online as well, this is pretty much useless. I've checked several stores and most list the BF items not arriving in store until 11/26.
So no sense going to the B&M on the 22nd for these BF specials if they are not going to be in stock until the 26th.

Hence the sale on stuff that they normally stock ....

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2013/11/19/walmart-turns-up...

BENTONVILLE, Ark. – Nov. 19, 2013 – Holiday shoppers don’t have to wait until Black Friday to start shopping for deals at WalMart. At 8 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 22, WalMart will kick off a pre-Black Friday savings event in stores and online, lowering the prices on popular toys and electronics, to match select Black Friday offers from Target, Toys R’ Us and Best Buy one week early.

Beginning today, the retailer also extends its Christmas Ad Match* to WalMart.com customers. Customers who purchase an item on WalMart.com, and find a lower price in a local brick and mortar competitor, can email christmasadmatch@WalMart.com and receive the difference on a gift card. The same policy is in place for customers at WalMart stores for items purchased Nov. 1 through Dec. 24, excluding Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday.

At 8 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 22, WalMart will kick off a pre-Black Friday savings event in stores and online.

Now only if GameStop hadn't burned me on my preorder I would take advantage of those PS4 deals.

Interesting. Thanks for posting OP.

*Editor’s Note:
Christmas Ad Match applies to in-store prices only and excludes Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday ads.

Wizzerdo said:   *Editor’s Note:

See OP for all the details (emphases mine).

Wonder if they'll match the Target $79 Nook HD.

jomarrod said:   I wonder if they will price match WalMart's own BF ad.......
  Hmmm....Are you suggesting that the registers are rigged? If you read the terms, the PM is for same time that the ad would be valid at a competitor. If you went to WalMart and bought one of the BF deals on BF at WalMart, you would get their ad price

** Customer ad must be valid in same ZIP code as "ship to" address for the original order.

WalMart customer service usually isn't too picky, but this could pose a problem... js

• Select PS4 and Xbox One Video Games such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14 and Battlefield 4 – WAS: $59.96, NEW PRICE: $49 

BF4 will be $29.99 @ GameStop on midnight BF and $34.99 (if I remember correctly) for BB's 6pm door buster.  If WalMart will match either price I'll be in Friday to pick up my copy early!

Thanks OP!

I think everyone is misunderstanding. WalMart isn't matching ads that you bring In on Friday. They are picking products that are advertised on other stores Black Friday ads, and marking them down on this Friday.

The sale has started for some items. Disney Infinity Starter Kit is $37.00

WalMart will probably not price match the Black Friday ipad Air price listed in Target add for $499 plus $100 gift card as they do not match item prices with gift cards attached to them

WalMart will probably not match the BF Target add price for iPad Air listed for $499 plus $100 gift card as WalMart does not match prices for items with attached gift cards.

The sale on the infinity stated already. We don't have to wait until 8 am tomorrow?

I am gonna camp out tomorrow...

stevenbn said:   I am gonna camp out tomorrow...
  you mean tonite?

Might check your local Wal-Mart. They have already changed prices in my local store(Oklahoma)

Is there an ad listing the items on sale for this event?

where did you see the infinity starter kit at  for 37.00

I can confirm that the Disney Infinity start kits ($37) and the Hot Wheels ($0.60)are live tonight in store.

just got back, most stuff is live.

Glad it is live. Where is a list of everything on sale? Or a circular? Anything saying what is on sale??

If not, anything you noticed that was good?

SoulXtort said:   Glad it is live. Where is a list of everything on sale? Or a circular? Anything saying what is on sale??

In the store, none of the prices were marked for the sale.  I didn't see any sort of flyers, and nobody seemed to realize that the sale was live.

supersnoop00 said:   SoulXtort said:   Glad it is live. Where is a list of everything on sale? Or a circular? Anything saying what is on sale??

In the store, none of the prices were marked for the sale.  I didn't see any sort of flyers, and nobody seemed to realize that the sale was live.

So how do you know if something is for sale or not if nothing is marked?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Skipping 22 Messages...
 RE:
StraightTalk Galaxy Cenutry for $29 and the in stock guarantee

I had an issue with the WM 1 hour guarantee on the price for order later.
After waiting 45 minutes to buy items that were in stock (at electronics register)
Keep in mind this is one of the registers you get prepaid phone at.
After that I presented the lady with the ad for this ST phone clearly showing 1 hour guarantee.
She said I need to go to the soda isle and get the tag given out to be able to pay for it.
And said I needed to get in  line again to pay for the out of stock item....
I hit the roof.
I had them call the store manager....
What an unorganized way to do things.

He went and got the tag for me and had the same register take me next....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014