• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Trade in your tech and get $100 minimum when you trade in any working iPad, Xbox 360, PS3, or iPhone 5, iPhone 4s or iPhone 4.

In store only.  I'd post the email link but it's customized and encoded with my name and account number.  Can't seem to get a generic version of it.

http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/lib/fef41d77766c04/m/50/2013...    

Some fine print...
šiPhone 5, iPhone 4s or iPhone 4 trade-in must be used toward the purchase of iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c with 2-year agreement.

Member Summary

Best Buy
Thanks erohrer
Disclaimer
Trade-in is for $100 GC
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Trade on on what?
Put some info in the title of your post please.

woowoo2 said:   Trade on on what?
Put some info in the title of your post please.

Sorry - clicked return by accident...  Updated title and OP

Pretty sure it only applies to iPad 3rd gen or newer, but that ad is rather vague.

Anyone know what a PS3 is trading in for? Just the $100 or more?

I see no mention of generation in the details. Here is a trade in link specific to upgrading to the air, but you can then see the offer details: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/trade-up-to-ipad-air-115383

Speaking only of trading in iPads, I think a 100 minimum is only really beneficial if you are trading in a 1st gen iPad. I traded my second gen 64gig at+t ipad to Amazon for $207. They were selling on eBay for about 250. 

megachacker said:   Anyone know what a PS3 is trading in for? Just the $100 or more?
  Given that online, quotes are in the low $30s, I would think it would be right at $100.

I went in 1 Bestbuy with an old 120gb Xbox 360 Arcade and they told me they didnt have the SKU in their system so I couldnt trade it in. I tried another Bestbuy nearby and got $100 for it, so I'd keep trying different stores if anyone gets denied.

I brought in my older PS3 and they offered $30. Everything works fine. They said that it took to long to boot up and that's a sign of a known problem with PS3's. BB is lame. All they are good for is showrooming.

These new promos typically have instructions for the monkeys to follow. Otherwise they tend to follow what they learn and hence the low ball offers. Ask for a supervisor if you're not getting the minimum. 'Slow' doesn't mean anything - it says it must be powered on and such...

too bad they wont take my touchpad for $100...

I'm going now...wonder if I need a controller or cords? I'll bring the power cords only.

My dad traded-in his white 360 with an iffy drive (not checked) for the $100 card.  Employee told him it would normally be worth $10.

What do you have to bring in?, Just the box and power for the consoles or more?

I went to the BB by my house and brought in the following in a backpack. I left the controllers in my car on purpose:

1x Xbox 360 w/ power cord (had the old AV cable in my bag too, zipped up)
1x PS3 slim 60gb w/ power cord

The employee told me I need the system, the power cord, the AV cables and a controller. I stated that, on the phone, they told me I could keep my HDMI cable. So, you don't need one (100% sure for the PS3, as it didn't come with it and 99% sure for the 360--I just had an old AV cable so I gave it to them).

It was easy as pie-- $200 gift card ($100 on each, separate cards).

So, you need:

System
Power Cord
Controller

I hope this helps!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014