• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

WD Red 3 TB NAS Hard Drive for 1-5 Bay NAS Environments - 24/7 Reliability - 3.5 - Sata 6 Gb/s, Intellipower, 64MB Cache, 3yr Warranty WD30EFRX
Disclaimer
Western Digital Red NAS Hard Drive WD30EFRX 3TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive††††††††
Rebate Limit: TWO

For people without Amex $30 off
$140 - $20 off with V.me Checkout††††- $30 rebate††††(Exp 11/22) = $90 with free shipping

For people with†Amex $30 off YMMV
$140 -†Amex $30 statement credit††††(regular checkout)†-†$30 rebate††††(Exp 11/22)†= $80 with free shipping†

• Expanded NAS solutions
  • Next generation experience-for home or small office network attached storage systems
  • Premium dedicated 24/7 support line
  • 3 year limited warranty

Edit: Sold Out Online

Member Summary

Western Digital WD Red WD30EFRX 3TB SATA3 3.5" Internal HDD
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I chatted with TigerDirect customer service earlier today and I was told to contact the rebate company. (I'm not sure ho... (more)

chrispitude (Dec. 20, 2013 @ 1:54p) |

I was told the same thing and I went ahead and filled out the form. About an hour later I got an email from TD, telling ... (more)

techy (Jan. 03, 2014 @ 11:25a) |

It took since December 21, but I just now got notice from the rebate company stating that they approved the claim. Painf... (more)

chrispitude (Jan. 07, 2014 @ 12:52p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

they are getting there, at last

That's an amazing price for a NAS drive.

When you check with V.me check out, one of the options there is also to add your Amex into the V.me, for those of you who do know that you can do that. Would that be double deeping?
Does any one know that V.me payment shows as TigerDirect payment or with a different name as it gets charged to the credit card?
If it does show as TigerDirect, then the drive is virtually $60 after rebate.

The small print on the Amex seems to indicate 'pay services' might not work. I signed up for a v.me account, and can verify it's $119 at checkout time. This is a sweet deal! I also followed tuscan18's post in the Amex thread, and saw I had the offer, so doubly sweet! (And free shipping!)

It doesn't hurt to try double dipping v.me and amex but the terms and conditions of the amex say no wallet services.

Good drive, faster than the Seagate drive I have. Good price and with a rebate. Temp is low, system running well.

In for 1, thanks OP! This will be perfect for my new Tivo Roamio. Wish I could give you extra green for the courteous linking in the top post.

thinkN said:   It doesn't hurt to try double dipping v.me and amex but the terms and conditions of the amex say no wallet services.
††I just did a TigerDirect order with the offer activated and V.me checkout. No confirmation from Amex and it authorized as TigerDirect Vme, so probably not combinable

Might have to jump on a couple of these. Can anyone recommend a decent, basic NAS enclosure? I've been leaning towards a Synology unit.

Can this be used as a plain external drive (not networked) in an external enclosure like this one:
Vantec 3.5" SATA to USB 2.0 Aluminum Enclosure, Up to 3TB

Thanks1

sharl said:   Can this be used as a plain external drive (not networked) in an external enclosure like this one:
Vantec 3.5" SATA to USB 2.0 Aluminum Enclosure, Up to 3TB††

Thanks1

† Sure it can.

Reots said:   
thinkN said:   It doesn't hurt to try double dipping v.me and amex but the terms and conditions of the amex say no wallet services.
††I just did a TigerDirect order with the offer activated and V.me checkout. No confirmation from Amex and it authorized as TigerDirect Vme, so probably not combinable

††It usually takes up to 10 hours for Amex to send an email confirming the used of promitional offers.
Let us know in a few hours if you got the confirmation or not.

ElGuache said:   
Reots said:   

††It usually takes up to 10 hours for Amex to send an email confirming the used of promitional offers.
Let us know in a few hours if you got the confirmation or not.

† Normal for me is about 10 seconds. †I usually have the email before i make it to the car.

Bought one! Thanks OP. Time to update my 286gb HD that only has 4 gb available.

Got the AMEX confirmation within several seconds.

chrispitude said:   Got the AMEX confirmation within several seconds.
††Did you also use V.me?

OOS online

ElGuache said:   
chrispitude said:   Got the AMEX confirmation within several seconds.
††Did you also use V.me?

† I did not; just the AMEX in the usual way.

Did anyone else get a bare drive without a retail box (i.e. no UPC code)? How do you submit the rebate form without the UPC code?

Yes. Mine came as a bare drive without a UPC code. I'm going to try contacting Tiger Direct.

Also got a bare drive.

I chatted with TigerDirect.com rep and she had me forward the rebate tracking number to her email and she said she would request an override on the rebate.

This sounds good, better than what I got by phone. I was on hold with TD forever and they told me to submit rebate w/o UPC, wait for rejection and then contact again for Rebate Assurance. So I did that. Should I chat in addition or will that just further confuse matters?

I'm glad I checked this thread; I'm in the same boat. Currently on hold (taking forever!) with their online chat support. Hopefully they just do an override as they did for you, fellerc.

Edit: here's my chat transcript with them:
TigerDirect support said: You have been connected to Jaime Huaman.
Chris: hello jaime!
Jaime Huaman: Thank you for contacting us today, how may I assist you?
Chris: I purchased a western digital red 3TB from you, and it also had a rebate form on your item page
Chris: the rebate form requires that I mail in a UPC proof of purchase for the drive
Chris: however, the drive came only in the usual mylar bag, with no UPC symbol
Chris: according to the fatwallet thread, TD chat reps are taking people's rebate tracking numbers and applying manual overrides
Chris: would you be able to do this for me?
Jaime Huaman: We dont do any manual overrides, you still need to mail in your documents though
Jaime Huaman: once you get denied we intervene in your behalf
Jaime Huaman: but not before
Chris: ahhh, okay
Chris: so send it in without the UPC, maybe with a note that no UPC was included with the drive?
Jaime Huaman: Correct
Jaime Huaman: Once you get denied then you let us know , we will need your rebate tracking #
Chris: sounds great, thanks for your help! I'll get it sent in tomorrow
Jaime Huaman: No problem
Jaime Huaman: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Chris: that's it, thanks!

Here's my chat with them:
Tiger Direct said: You have been connected to Estelle
Estelle: check inside the case that has the paper.
me: There was no invoice in the box. Still, there is no UPC code because the drive arrived in OEM packing and the rebate requires a retail UPC code.
me: I'm not sure what to do here
Estelle: or perhaps the antistatic bag. On the outside should be a white label. Look for a white label.
me: Nope, no UPC. Just a QR code for more information at Western Digital's website
Estelle: please submit the rebate and send me back the tracking number for your rebate so that I can request an override for you.
me: ok
Estelle: e-mail me back to <repís email address> with this rebate tracking number,
me: Great. I'm forwarding the rebate tracking information now. Thank you.
me: Ok, I just emailed the tracking number information.
me: Do you need any additional information from me?
Estelle: I will submit this to my supervisor for handling.
me: Thanks. I really appreciate the help.
Estelle: please monitor this rebate at the rebate center.
me: You're the best!
me: ok
Estelle: Have a great day, and thanks for providing us with the opportunity to assist you today!
me: you too

I chatted with TigerDirect customer service earlier today and I was told to contact the rebate company. (I'm not sure how that helps, since why would they have just denied my rebate a few days ago?) I've been trying to call the rebate company for hours today - each time I'm on for a long time, then it says "we're sorry, we cannot help you right now" and it disconnects me.

Edit: eventually reached the rebate company (after two of redialing and waiting on hold!) and they're sending me back to TigerDirect. They told me to fill out this form to seek a resolution:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/rebates/index.asp?Tab=5

chrispitude said:   I chatted with TigerDirect customer service earlier today and I was told to contact the rebate company. (I'm not sure how that helps, since why would they have just denied my rebate a few days ago?) I've been trying to call the rebate company for hours today - each time I'm on for a long time, then it says "we're sorry, we cannot help you right now" and it disconnects me.

Edit: eventually reached the rebate company (after two of redialing and waiting on hold!) and they're sending me back to TigerDirect. They told me to fill out this form to seek a resolution:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/rebates/index.asp?Tab=5

† I was told the same thing and I went ahead and filled out the form. About an hour later I got an email from TD, telling me they have approved the claim. On the claim website as well the claim is now showing approved.

It took since December 21, but I just now got notice from the rebate company stating that they approved the claim. Painful process, but at least it's resolved.

Edit: January 15, got the rebate card in the mail.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014