• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Anker 25W (5V/5A) 5-Port Wall Family-Sized Charger for iPad, iPhone, Samsung Tab and Android Devices @ Amazon - $15.99 after Coupon
was $19.99
Free shipping on $35+

Coupons
LX8KY93A - $4 off

• 5 ports designed to charge the iPad (2 x 2.1A), iPhone (1A), Samsung Tab (1.3A), and Android devices (1A) at full speed. Total max output of 5A.
  • Compact, unibody design for added portability.
  • Hardened-plastic outer shell and premium circuitry ensure lifetime reliability.
  • AC 110-220V input voltage for use around the world.
  • Package contents: Anker® 5-Port Wall Charger, 2.5ft / 76cm detachable power cord, user manual.

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Anker 25W (5V/5A) 5-Port Wall Family-Sized Charger for iPad, iPhone, Samsung Tab and Android Devices
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer

Anker 25W E150
Thanks dsp282
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
still works just backordered

slappy76 (Dec. 01, 2013 @ 12:47p) |

did anyone notice that you cannot plug in Any Android into the Iphone type jacks? I just realized that when I tried to ... (more)

forbin4040 (Dec. 09, 2013 @ 3:34p) |

How fast is fully charged a tablet? Is this a quality brand? Can anyone help me. Thank you.

bigdiamond (Jan. 27, 2014 @ 5:04p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

in for 2, thanks

Picked one up last week at this price...very nice setup for my needs. It uses a cord, so doesn't block multiple outlets, and it's just long enough to stick it somewhere more convenient than right on a plug or power strip.

5A total? So if all 5 ports are in use, max per-port output drops to 1 amp? Anyone know of a 10A or 15A total output USB charger?

Most circuits (circuit breakers) are 15 amp. Therefore I highly doubt there will ever be a 15 amp max draw charger.

5A @ 12 VDC != 5A @ 120 VAC

Ohm's law fail.

A 15A charger at 5V would draw 75 watts, plus a little extra (to allow for not being 100% efficient). Round it up to 120 watts to make the math easy and that's one amp at 120V. You can put a whole fleet of those on a 15A breaker.

I have one of these order last so long a go, have not plug in and use, but it look like it is a nice device and well build. the total what pull for all device on this is 25W max allow

excellent - about to go on vacation with multiple ipads/iphones, etc. Thanks for the post, green for you, in for one.

I added an screen capture from their eBay listing of the back of the unit to the Quick Summary above.

Model: E150
Input: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz 650mA
Output:
USB*5 5V~5A(MAX)
USB1 5V/2.1A (iPad)
USB2 5V/1.3A (Samsung Tab)
USB3 5V/2.1A (iPad)
USB4 5V/1A (iPhone)
USB5 5V/1A (Android)

These are sweet, I have bought 6 of them so far. At this price put one in every place.

Just ordered another one, thanks, OP!

dsp282 said:   I added an screen capture from their eBay listing of the back of the unit to the Quick Summary above.

Output:
USB*5 5V~5A(MAX)
USB1 5V/2.1A (iPad)
USB3 5V/2.1A (iPad)
USB4 5V/1A (iPhone)
USB5 5V/1A (Android)

I assume that these are not dedicated ports, but more of a suggestion?

skidmark said:   
dsp282 said:   I added an screen capture from their eBay listing of the back of the unit to the Quick Summary above.

Output:
USB*5 5V~5A(MAX)
USB1 5V/2.1A (iPad)
USB3 5V/2.1A (iPad)
USB4 5V/1A (iPhone)
USB5 5V/1A (Android)

I assume that these are not dedicated ports, but more of a suggestion?

I have one of these.
Each of the ports is RATED to push out that many amps.

Don't plug the Ipad into the 1A jack or you might blow the unit.

Don't exceed 5A total or you blow the unit.

Otherwise why not put ipad1 next to ipad2? I suspect because the electronic design forced it to be farther apart.

That's about it.

In 4 3! Thanks!

Got this week ago at same price, came DOA so sent back for refund.

Problem was that there was no indication that whether the unit is powered on or not as there is no power light.

I had to plug into multiple out lets and trying all the ports to find out that it was defective unit.

Can the Nexus be plugged into USB#1 (2.1A) The stock charger is 2 amps.

usadaytrader said:   Can the Nexus be plugged into USB#1 (2.1A) The stock charger is 2 amps.
I don't see why not.

usadaytrader said:   Can the Nexus be plugged into USB#1 (2.1A) The stock charger is 2 amps.
Sure, just don't plug it into one of the 3 low amp plugs. You can always plug into a higher rated plug.

Time to throw out all (10 of them) USB chargers (Brands - Amazon, Anker, RavPower) of various Amp output. This is a more convenient option when traveling out of town or even have around the house.

Absolutely!

The lower rated ports may be OK to use for high-amperage units, if the charger has current/heat controlling logic.

Okay I am confused. I thought a high demand device would just charge slower in a low amp USB port. I thought the danger was plugging a low demand device in a high amp USB port. No?

usadaytrader said:   Okay I am confused. I thought a high demand device would just charge slower in a low amp USB port. I thought the danger was plugging a low demand device in a high amp USB port. No?

Rated means it is maximum output amperage the circuit may operate at. If you plug in a device that require 500mA (0.5A) device to a plug that is RATED for 2A (2000mA), the negotiated or established current flow through the circuit would be the maximum the device asked for, for example 500mA (0.5A).

If you do the other way around... well most of the devices these days have a protection, which means if both devices supports it, the circuit will only operate at the lower maximum rated amperage.

So don't worry, just don't plug a device that needs more than what the port is rated for or you might experience the blue smoke.

Then either this protection has long since been built in to every device on the market, or I'm the luckiest guy in the world. I take care of charging 12-15 random devices that charge over USB and other than being aware that some chargers are rated higher than others and charging time might vary because of this, I've never paid a bit of attention to what I've plugged these things in to. They either charge or they don't, but I've never fried a device by doing this and I kind of scoff at the idea of it happening.

Put another way, looking at the Amazon ratings, there's less than no chance that you're going to fry your device because you plugged it into the "wrong" USB port of this Anker charger.

tooloud said:   Put another way, looking at the Amazon ratings, there's less than no chance that you're going to fry your device because you plugged it into the "wrong" USB port of this Anker charger.
Agreed. But I've had a charger fry up. A cigarette lighter plug charging a camera that pulled more than the rated output. It happened in a little plane and produced RF noise that drowned out my radios. Later I found a heap of melted plastic instead of the charger. I know of others that had this happen to them also. I now use brand chargers in the plane only.

I couldn't stand the white apple look so cancelled. Ended up with a black battery pack instead http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009V5X1CE/ for $25 AC. The stupid white version is more expensive. Anyway it's extra ports and extra juice for power outages. Good quality stuff.

Monkeybiz said:   I couldn't stand the white apple look so cancelled. Ended up with a black battery pack instead http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009V5X1CE/ for $25 AC. The stupid white version is more expensive. Anyway it's extra ports and extra juice for power outages. Good quality stuff.

I have this same exact RavPower external battery and love it.

Reposting an informative tidbit from Probedude on another deal forum:

"At this price point putting individual current limitations on a per port basis would raise the BOM needlessly. The only reason some devices work with some chargers and not others is how the D+/D- lines are set up.

In regards to this Anker product, I just tested this for you by putting a 2.4A load on each of the 5 ports on the Anker individually (not simultaneously) for 2-3 mins each. Discharge curve looked identical for all 5 ports (started at 5.02V, drooped to 4.83V). All 5 ports could drive a 2.4A load no problem. Nothing special about any of them to limit them to what Anker says the ports can do.

In summary the Anker can charge high current on any of the ports, at least as high as the Wagan product. Anker however has tailored the D+/D- pins on certain ports for products that are different than others when it comes to figuring out what can be sourced from a USB port for charging purposes. I don't see that Wagan has done this.

(FWIW, I do not work for Anker - I just test things, it's what I do.)"

It's good that Probedude ran this test, but I'd say 2-3 minutes is too short. My charger survived several months before frying up. The main thing his test shows is that the charger does not limit the current of some ports to a lower value than others. Whether it will survive the larger than label current is another question. I'm placing mine where it's unlikely that it can start a fire.

Thanks. Used the new coupon code 3QIK2CJ5 on product page.

Got mine a few days ago. Really well packaged items which inspires confidence that if there were issues that pop up down the line, they'd take care of it. Loving the device so far for the simple fact of decluttering my charging area.

bluemonk said:   Thanks. Used the new coupon code 3QIK2CJ5 on product page.

In for two. Used this code. Thanks!

Awesome...thanks OP. IN for 2. Recently purchased this guy: http://www.amazon.com/Skiva-PowerFlow-Smartphones-Universal-Comp... . While it does a great job and is good for travel, it blocks the outlet and has a blindingly bright blue led light on it. While cool on vacation (night light for when you get up in the middle of the night and forget where you are), it is not good in the bedroom. Looking forward to trying this product.

At least for me, Amazon said the Coupon had expired.

Try coupon code 3QIK2CJ5

That new coupon code did not work for me...

MelissaRz said:   That new coupon code did not work for me...
There's a new code here:ANKERTHX

still works just backordered

Skipping 2 Messages...
How fast is fully charged a tablet? Is this a quality brand? Can anyone help me. Thank you.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014