• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Time for their Christmas sale. They seem to have these every six months or so and the prices are good, but selection seems to vary.

LVMH Partners friends and families link

Access Key: aquaracer2013

Thursday November 21st through Midnight Monday December 2nd.

Did a search for reposts, don't think this has already been published.

Sorry edited for dyslexic link typist!

Member Summary

TAG
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
buying a tag is like buying an entry level luxury car. save your money for better watches.

ingenue007 (Nov. 22, 2013 @ 8:14a) |

I've had a Tag for 15 years, looks like new. A quality timepiece is the perfect accoutrement

Shizle (Nov. 25, 2013 @ 11:11p) |

anyone have a new code for access?

missdirection (Jan. 09, 2014 @ 3:55p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Doesn't seem to be anything overly special in regards to deals.

MiamiRedHawks said:   Doesn't seem to be anything overly special in regards to deals.
  Hmmm ... have you seen these model cheaper on other site?

Prices aren't bad. Too bad they don't have the Zenith watches for sale. That Grand Carrera is a nice watch.

$4500 for a watch? I'd want to touch and feel it first for $4500.

marshmellobbq said:   $4500 for a watch? I'd want to touch and feel it first for $4500.
  For $4500, I'd want it to touch and feel me. 

That would be the best watch ever! 

I bought my Seiko watch for $500 7 years ago and it still looks perfect!  $500 is my version of HIGH END

I purchased a Grand Carrera during the F&F back in June of last year.  After six months, I fell to the dreaded crown problem common in many Tags.  The crown would no longer screw in and became stripped.  I hardly wore the watch and must have unscrewed the crown five times at the most.  I am also an experienced watch guy with several automatics, some higher end than Tags.  The crown is not covered under warranty and when I mailed it in to the service center in New Jersey, they wanted me to pay an additional $400 for an overhaul and service.  I declined arguing that the watch should not need a service maintenance much less an overhaul after only six months.  The service representative finally agreed to just fix the crown for a little over $100. When I received the watch back, the watch was running fast and I can tell that the regulator screw was messed with since I took plenty of pictures before sending the watch in.  I can only guess that since I declined the service and overhaul, that they messed with the regulator screw thinking that I would send the watch in again for the maintenance.  Instead, I took the watch to a local watch maker who adjusted the timing for $50.  I would never buy another Tag.  There are other more accurate and reliable watches out there for less money such as Hamiltons.  Perhaps if the service center in New Jersey (only one in the east coast) was not so shady, buying the Tag brand might not be so bad.

Cost of watch $500.

Cost of Tag name $4500.

(Shrug) My automatic Tag is around 8 years old, has never needed service, and the time seems to stay accurate. Up until this year, I only wore it on the weekends, so I've probably unscrewed the crown a few hundred times and it feels just as solid as day 1.

Thanks for the warning though. I know now to stick with local jewelers if I need to get it worked on, and if I decide to buy another one, it won't be from the F&F sale.

One needs to differentiate the quartz Tags from the automatics. A Tag quartz is a very nice watch in the same way an Acura is a very nice car. Underneath its a Honda, but it just looks nicer and has a more substantial feel. A top end Acura, like a top end automatic Tag, can cost as much as a Mercedes or Audi, but then why not buy an Audi (i.e. a Breitling or Rolex)?

I personally would never pay the money for a Tag automatic because when I see Tag I think quartz.

All that being said, my first "nice" watch was a Tag Link quartz that I bought used 15 years ago. It was my daily wear watch for five years and I still wear it occasionally. Still looks great and keeps good time with nothing more than a battery change and buffing every couple years. I have since moved up to nicer watches but a Tag quartz is still a very good nice watch that will not break the bank.

And the next poster that says "My phone keeps time fine" should be relegated to only dating women who wear frumpy clothes and granny panties.

I've owned a formula 1, it was nothing special. I eventually splurged on a panerai I had been coveting for years....and one of my friends showed me a $200 fake that had better lume and required a jewellers loupe to tell the tiny differences. Now I only buy homages, fakes without the label. All of style, 1% of the price, even cheaper than a fake since they are above board. I get compliments from my black sterile dial Bell and Ross almost every day I wear it. $80 automatic that's been bulletproof.

Still have a real speedmaster on: my bucket list though...and a proplof.

Edit: Sterile quality homages are where it's at, not Folex crap.

dzer0 said:   I've owned a formula 1, it was nothing special. I eventually splurged on a panerai I had been coveting for years....and one of my friends showed me a $200 fake that had better lume and required a jewellers loupe to tell the tiny differences. Now I only buy homages, fakes without the label. All of style, 1% of the price, even cheaper than a fake since they are above board. I get compliments from my black sterile dial Bell and Ross almost every day I wear it. $80 automatic that's been bulletproof.

Where do you go to get these quality homages?

The Tag I am want is not listed. Does anyone have prior experience with this sale? Do they post more choices as time goes on, or sell these out?

could be considered

zeeeter said:   Sorry edited for dyslexic link typist!

The title needs a dyslexic fix as well.

No as good as before. Maybe next time

FuriousGeorge11 said:   dzer0 said:   I've owned a formula 1, it was nothing special. I eventually splurged on a panerai I had been coveting for years....and one of my friends showed me a $200 fake that had better lume and required a jewellers loupe to tell the tiny differences. Now I only buy homages, fakes without the label. All of style, 1% of the price, even cheaper than a fake since they are above board. I get compliments from my black sterile dial Bell and Ross almost every day I wear it. $80 automatic that's been bulletproof.

Where do you go to get these quality homages?

Unfortunately you can't get everything in sterile dial but there is good availability of Panerai and Bell and Ross out there along with IWC and a few others. Parnis and Jackson Tse is where I would steer you. If you can stand a logo alphas have a good reputation for their Rolex and Omega alikes, and pagani has Tag homages.

Some of these homages are literally built on the same assembly line as high quality fakes, so they have the same dimensions, bezel, bracelet, numerals, hands, ect. Just a different label or preferably none (in my opinion)

So Dzer0 - you still didnt share where you get these homages?

http://www.parniswatch.net/ 
http://www.jacksontse.com/new/ 
http://www.alpha-watch.com/ 
http://www.paganidesign.net/ 

http://www.paganidesign.net/pagani-design-racing-chronograph-men...

Pretty good example of what I was talking about....although its Quartz and I don't like the tag-look-alike logos. It's obviously a rebranded replica with some red paint on the crown, down to the raised crystal. You can't see it in that link but even the back cover has the same screw types and positions as the Grand Carrera 

Thanks OP. I got the Formula One for a graduation gift! Best price I've seen so far.

buying a tag is like buying an entry level luxury car. save your money for better watches. 

I've had a Tag for 15 years, looks like new. A quality timepiece is the perfect accoutrement

anyone have a new code for access?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.