• Text Only
johnfw said:   They pulled them off the shelves at my 2 local CVS.  Lame.
  They did the same at mine, but did sell me one (which were kept in the MGR's office) when I asked about them. So if you don't see them, you may want to ask if they are still selling them.

raspberry said:   
LiquidSilver said:   
jasonv1 said:   
dev77 said:   As i understand it you pay $154.95 at cvs then paypal takes 4.95 immediately, so you end up with $145.05 on your card.  You loose $9.90 right away, and you get  $50 extrabucks at CVS.  So you have a net gain of 40.10.   If you buy $50 worth of merchandise with the cvs extrabucks then return it you can turn the extrabucks into a $50 merchandise card.   Alot of work for $40.10.   Although CVS does have excellant prices on papergoods, cereal, and tuna if you follow their specials.   So i guess it is worth it.   
This is not what happens.

The 4.95 purchase fee activates the card, and it has a 150 balance (assuming that is what you paid for). Clear the balance out within a month and you'll never have to pay any more fees.

That is wrong.  The 4.95 monthly fees gets charged within 36 hours of either buying the card (or activating it, not sure which).  Looks like most people have had the monthly fee deducted from their card balance within 12-24 hours.  The best way to be assured you can get the full $150 balance is to drain the card asap, NOT within a month.

Yep, paid 154.95 for the card worth $150, then within same 24 hours received $4.95 monthly account charge making the card worth $145.05.
$50 ECB- $9.90 card and account fee = $40.10

Okay I made the purchase for the $40.10. Without the ECBs, Why would anyone purchase one of these cards instead of a gift card with no fees?

The competition is with other prepaid, reloadable debit cards.  Gift cards can't be re-loaded.  The only reason to keep the card is the savings account, if you are loading 5K and you want to load directly from your PayPal account.  Otherwise there's no reason to keep it.

No Extrabucks will be printed upon completing the transaction. If the store received the email, the store clerk will need to manually input a code to issue a $25 Extrabucks, the process will be repeated for the 2nd Extrabucks.

How about if someone doesn't have a SSN will if work ?

Shakey26 said:   How about if someone doesn't have a SSN will if work ?
Yes..   You have to call in to activate..1-866-753-6440

Does it have to be the exact card pictured on page one? All stores are sold out of that one

I just got my card activated with limited use with PIN. What is the best way to use the fund? Can I go to any ATM and withdraw all of it or can I use it as a credit card to pay bill online?

tn4304 said:   I just got my card activated with limited use with PIN. What is the best way to use the fund? Can I go to any ATM and withdraw all of it or can I use it as a credit card to pay bill online?

I was told limited use = NOT use online or ATM.

If that is the case, what can I use it for?  Only grocery and used as Debit?

tn4304 said:   If that is the case, what can I use it for?  Only grocery and used as Debit?
  yes and get cb if the store allows it

Use as debit with PIN save the $1.95 fee plus any ATM fees if not using AllPoint Network machine any way.

So how do I know when my funds run out? Say I have $13.67 and my purchase is $22, will it go through how much I have left or it just declines the transaction all together?

So how do I know when my funds run out? Say I have $13.67 and my purchase is $22, will it go through how much I have left or it just declines the transaction all together?

No Paypal card available in my store. Mgr was willing to substitute with ice cream I normally buy & printed the 2 25 Extrabucks for me. But didn't allow to buy another one with same offer

While Google wallet may offer more flexibility, I would think that one can empty these cards by buying an Amazon gift card too - basically dump the paypal balance into Amazon online gift card balance. Anybody see problem with doing that?

So ONLY Paypal card work, correct?

My local CVS Mgr. refused to honor their own promotion w/o any legit reason (they were all aware of the ad thou). Called Corporate and they agreed the wrongdoing of the said Mgr. Better yet, they were more than happy to issue me a Gift Card worth of $50. Green to OP and the stand up gal from customer relationship department. At least, not all of the guys in CVS are dumb.

The end result/side effect, I do not need to shell out $150 in order to get $50 ECB, neither to worry about how to cash out it if I do.

TheBells said:   So ONLY Paypal card work, correct?
  PayPal prepaid MasterCard, not the regular one.

Stopped printing ecb when I tried at 1am in fl, sunny isles

MrVietnam said:   Saw this on CVS facebook page:

CVS Hi Retta, we apologize for any confusion and inconvenience this may have caused. We assure you that the spend $150 get $50 ExtraBucks PayPal Prepaid Debit Card offer is valid in participating states and will be honored in stores until the end of day on Wednesday, November 27. If you live in NY, IL, NV, OK, VT, WI or HI, PayPal cards will not be available in your local CVS/pharmacy due to licensing in your state. We instead invite you to purchase a myVanilla or NetSpend prepaid card for $150 to receive $50 ExtraBucks Rewards. Please give us a call at 1-800-SHOP CVS if you continue to experience difficulty with this offer.

can you give the link please? I'd like to have it pulled up when I go in

PrincipalMember said:   While Google wallet may offer more flexibility, I would think that one can empty these cards by buying an Amazon gift card too - basically dump the paypal balance into Amazon online gift card balance. Anybody see problem with doing that?
  No problem - in fact I've already done this

1chris1 said:   

Thank you VERY much. I will continue to look for the right one.

Anyone who had 2 x $50 ECBs on single CVS card use the rewards for purchase? Do you have to buy all $100 worth stuff in single transaction?

TheBells said:   
1chris1 said:   

Thank you VERY much. I will continue to look for the right one.

Quite persistent of you: but wasn't the show officially over past midnite?

leffertscoupons said:   
MrVietnam said:   Saw this on CVS facebook page:

CVS Hi Retta, we apologize for any confusion and inconvenience this may have caused. We assure you that the spend $150 get $50 ExtraBucks PayPal Prepaid Debit Card offer is valid in participating states and will be honored in stores until the end of day on Wednesday, November 27. If you live in NY, IL, NV, OK, VT, WI or HI, PayPal cards will not be available in your local CVS/pharmacy due to licensing in your state. We instead invite you to purchase a myVanilla or NetSpend prepaid card for $150 to receive $50 ExtraBucks Rewards. Please give us a call at 1-800-SHOP CVS if you continue to experience difficulty with this offer.

can you give the link please? I'd like to have it pulled up when I go in

https://www.facebook.com/CVS

You have to look over the comments left by people from yesterday morning and you will see this comment.

Was at a NY store last night and while they didn't have the PP card, they knew nothing of the substitute However they had the shelf tag stating the promo and the hangtag, stated promo valid from 11/24-11/30

FYI

College123 said:   Was at a NY store last night and while they didn't have the PP card, they knew nothing of the substitute However they had the shelf tag stating the promo and the hangtag, stated promo valid from 11/24-11/30

FYI

Road trip

Southern CA, they substituted with the Vanilla card, but would only give 1 per family.  Since the ECB is manually given, wonder how they would know if you get more than 1 or 2.

I just tried using my "limited access" card as a debit card at CVS with $20 CashBack, however, the card keep declines. Can someone tell me what I did wrong? Can I get CashBack from it or I can only use it for payment without CashBack?

Went to CVS twice too spend my $50 x2, both times got my sub total to $50 and change but end paying $3 and change, is it for taxes?

my store has a sign that says promo lasts till 11/30... why is the deal over?
CSRs are clueless...i am afraid of buying it, no ECB prints, and I am stuck with Paypal card...

alik99 said:   my store has a sign that says promo lasts till 11/30... why is the deal over?
CSRs are clueless...i am afraid of buying it, no ECB prints, and I am stuck with Paypal card...

The managers have the ability to manually issue 2 $25 ECBs.  If they have the sign, you should be able to get it.  Bring the card to the front and say you want to buy it only if you get the ECB.  If one doesn't print out, they should either manually issue it or refund you.  They CAN refund if they want to.  We bought the MyVanilla card, using a new rewards card and the ECB didn't print out.  Manager tried to manually issue, but it wouldn't let him.  He said the only thing he can do is refund.

alik99 said:   my store has a sign that says promo lasts till 11/30... why is the deal over?

If the sign says 11/30, then they should be honoring it

Edit: Replied to wrong thread.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014