• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This week CVS is offering a promo if you buy a $150 paypal prepaid debit card you get $50 Extrabucks.

Seems pretty hot to me

There is a $4.95 fee to buy the card so you actually net a free $45.00

There was a sign showing the deal by the gift cards

Member Summary

CVS (8.31kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The managers have the ability to manually issue 2 $25 ECBs.  If they have the sign, you should be able to get it.  Bring... (more)

russ0519 (Nov. 29, 2013 @ 11:19a) |

If the sign says 11/30, then they should be honoring it

pryan67 (Nov. 29, 2013 @ 11:44a) |

Edit: Replied to wrong thread.

Mailman (Dec. 02, 2013 @ 10:24p) |

Limit of 2 $50 extrabucks rewards per CVS extracare account

You must activate the card in order to use it.

Activating online is much faster/easier.

www.paypal.com/prepaid

You must provide DOB and SSN

Once activated, the full $150 is available.
  • Also categorized in:

YMMV, My CVS stores do not carry the Paypal card and the offer is not in my printed ad even though the CVS website shows the deal as being available for my zip code.

Website? I don't see it on home page

is this paypal card as regular credit or debit card anywhere or any restriction?

Paypal (102.96kB)
Disclaimer
Here is a screen grab.

Yes, the paypal card can be used anywhere.  There is a generic but fully usable card in the package and they will send you a debit card with your name once you register online

Does the $50 ExtraBucks have an expiration date?

$4.95 monthly fee. this isn't a prepaid credit card per se, its a reloadable debit card with monthly fees.
Extra bucks normally good for about a month

This seems hot.  Just to make sure I have all of the details.  $50.00 ExtraBucks will print out at purchase.  That $50.00 ExtraBucks will need to be used on one single purchase, no balance EB prints if subsequent purchase is less than $50.

Does that sound correct?

Can we use extrabucks to by gift card? Nothing to spend at cvs.

truelies said:   Can we use extrabucks to by gift card? Nothing to spend at cvs.
  No

WhyMeSaidHe said:   This seems hot.  Just to make sure I have all of the details.  $50.00 ExtraBucks will print out at purchase.  That $50.00 ExtraBucks will need to be used on one single purchase, no balance EB prints if subsequent purchase is less than $50.

Does that sound correct?

Yes

peste386 said:   
WhyMeSaidHe said:   This seems hot.  Just to make sure I have all of the details.  $50.00 ExtraBucks will print out at purchase.  That $50.00 ExtraBucks will need to be used on one single purchase, no balance EB prints if subsequent purchase is less than $50.

Does that sound correct?

Yes

By one purchase, we could have multiple things on the purchase (pop, beer, etc.) right?  Or is it one item?

FYI..seems some are reporting their CVS's are stating this as an error and pulling the cards.

Of course it's an error after FW effect kicks in and they realize they are paying instant 50% interest with major loop holes. Some heads will probably roll for this "promotion".

Burgertm said:   
peste386 said:   

Does that sound correct?

Yes

By one purchase, we could have multiple things on the purchase (pop, beer, etc.) right?  Or is it one item?

Multiple items is fine.

The number of FW's who don't know how Extra Bucks work is disappointing.

Extra buck technically aren't to be used towards alcohol or tobacco but the register doesn't stop them. I wouldn't walk up with $50 worth of wine or beer. You can usually get. Away with mixing it in...

Log into your CVS account online and check your weekly ad & click the "household" tab. If you have the offer in your area it will say "Spend $150 on these select products get $50 extra bucks® rewards".

Currently dead - did not print, manager was cool and fortunately had a customer this morning do it so she knew it was legit. Called tech support and they told her some department was looking into it and not to honor it, but since she told me about it at the register she printed me 2 x $25 extrabucks

Dave

daddyweiss said:   The number of FW's who don't know how Extra Bucks work is disappointing.

probably the easiest of the 3 drug stores to understand their "system."

Just worked for me in MA. Printed $50 automatically. Expire 12/24.

Worked in Akron, OH 5 mins ago.

Burgertm said:   
peste386 said:   

Does that sound correct?

Yes

Multiple is fine

Worked in northeast Florida 5 minutes back

Can these be purchased with credit?

chantspel said:   Can these be purchased with credit?

of course. 

So can 50 ExtraBucks be used during Xmas trip to FL, if $150 is spent today in NY?

SinglePapa said:   So can 50 ExtraBucks be used during Xmas trip to FL, if $150 is spent today in NY?
  Yes. Any CVS store with your card

SinglePapa said:   So can 50 ExtraBucks be used during Xmas trip to FL, if $150 is spent today in NY?
If your Christmas trip purchase is within 30 days of earning ECB.

flipr said:   $4.95 monthly fee. this isn't a prepaid credit card per se, its a reloadable debit card with monthly fees.

That, alone, is a deal killer... Correct me if flipr is wrong, no one has commented on their post..

Anyone know if this can be used right away? Looking at the instructions on the back it says something about activating online and you would need your SS# and it will take 10 days for a card to be sent to you. Would rather just use it right now and avoid the second set of fees that will be taken out 36 hours after purchase.

Squonk said:   
flipr said:   $4.95 monthly fee. this isn't a prepaid credit card per se, its a reloadable debit card with monthly fees.

That, alone, is a deal killer... Correct me if flipr is wrong, no one has commented on their post..

agreed.  Mandatory monthly fees = no good.

tajar96 said:   
Squonk said:   

Definitely no good but even if it takes a month to use the card, you would still make $40

It WORKS IN RICHMOND,VA. It's not in printed weekly sale ad. It does show in sales ad on line. There is the yellow ECB sticker above at the store. I purchased with a debt card. I will be using it for Black Friday so no monthly fee for me. The $50 ECB DOES have to be used in a single total purchase. The ECB's expire 12/24/2013, but CVS has always taken them 30 days after.

treehugger said:   
tajar96 said:   
Squonk said:   

Definitely no good but even if it takes a month to use the card, you would still make $40

True.  $40 is more money made than spent.  Once you buy and load (via CC in store I presume), can I use the card immediately next day or do I have to wait for a permanent card to show in the mail before I can use it.  Also, I assume there is NO credit check reqd, just like serve or bluebird.

I'm passing on this. "If it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't." Caveat emptor

Sweet deal. Working for me about a half hour ago. Purchased with rewards credit card of course

tajar96 said:   
treehugger said:   
tajar96 said:   
Squonk said:   

True.  $40 is more money made than spent.  Once you buy and load (via CC in store I presume), can I use the card immediately next day or do I have to wait for a permanent card to show in the mail before I can use it.  Also, I assume there is NO credit check reqd, just like serve or bluebird.

One additional requirement that maybe deal killer for some is that you MUST provide your full name, address SSN and DOB to activate the card both online @ www.paypal.com/prepaid  or by phone @ (1-866-753-6440). Also , according to the phone rep the $4.95 monthly maintenance fee applies after 90 days of inactivity and is billed every month thereafter when there is no activity EVEN If there is NO balance on the card. IOW cancel the card if you don't intend on using it or that $40 you make will get gone fast and possibly ruin your credit if you forget about your account and it the balance goes negative for a number of months and the account goes to collections ( remember they have your SSN).

Skipping 234 Messages...
Edit: Replied to wrong thread.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014