• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

DEWALT 20-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver Kit
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Used it today and bought this Dewalt. Looks like a nice drill. The Ryobi drill/saw deal was hard to pass, but I hope the... (more)

jjmIII (Dec. 22, 2013 @ 7:02p) |

My personal evaluation based on my use and others use is that ryobi sustains the same abuses as rigid, milwaukee, and de... (more)

forlotto (Dec. 24, 2013 @ 12:49p) |

I don't think the HDFIVE code is working anymore.

ArtieLange (Dec. 26, 2013 @ 4:58p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks just what I needed. 150 at both Amazon and Lowes

Have it. Best drill ever!

Thanks OP. Just in time.

Two batteries, good deal. A bit too big for casual use, but if you need it you need it

masher4077 said:   Thanks just what I needed. 150 at both Amazon and Lowes
  Would either place price match Home Depot?

Thanks OP, in for one!!

Both Ace Hardware and Lowes has it on sale on Black Friday for $99. Right now its priced at $149 on their site

Shop Discover 10%CB Bonus
plus 5% CB for online shopping

Is it possible to combine both Discover and FW CB?

Only $10 more than the 2 pack of compact batteries alone. It's like getting a bonus drill, charger and bag for $10.

Great deal, Thanks OP!

5 off 50 Promo code HDHOLIDAY

Too bad not available in store! In store at Lowe's on BF but I hate fighting BF crowds.

Free shipping to home or store. This is actually a better deal if you buy online and pay with your discover card because you get 15% CashBack.

Deal is still Live  at both  Lowes and Home Depot.

coupons ?

It's pretty common to find the 18 to 20 volt Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver sets from the major players on sale for around $100. However, there are a number of issues that make this a sweeter deal than most. Though the sale unit has compact batteries, the replacement large capacity batteries are a fair bit less expensive than other manufacturers. Additionally, the bare tools (tools without batteries) are high quality and very competitively priced. The Dewalt 20-Volt Max Li-Ion jig saw is a really nice jigsaw. Most cordless and many corded jigsaws are just terrible at accuracy and reducing vibration. Watch the "CPO" sites out there to find great deals on tools that work with this battery pack.

Need a one cent filler to use the following code

HOLIDAYTEN
10 OFF 100

both coupons are expired.
Also Shop discover CB dropped to 5%

Use coupon code HDFIVE for $5.00 making it $94!

Farfisa850 said:   Use coupon code HDFIVE for $5.00 making it $94!
  Thanks!

Thanks! In for One!

Great find! Thanks OP.
Green+bump!

Pretty sure this has been $99 at HD since Thanksgiving.

Sorry if I missed it, but is this online only?
Thanks.

anglr200 said:   Sorry if I missed it, but is this online only?
Thanks.

Yes. Enter promo code in your cart under promotion.
Free shipping or pick up in store.

If your Home Depot doesn't have it, check Lowes again. Our Lowes had raised them up to $149.99 after Black Friday, but earlier this week put out a large stack of them in-store at the $99 BF price.

Sweet. Just ordered one from Lowes for 99. free shipping.

HomeDepot $5 off promo code HDFIVE still working.

wtfu said:   HomeDepot $5 off promo code HDFIVE still working.
  Used it today and bought this Dewalt. Looks like a nice drill. The Ryobi drill/saw deal was hard to pass, but I hope the Dewalt is worth the extra.

My personal evaluation based on my use and others use is that ryobi sustains the same abuses as rigid, milwaukee, and dewalt when dealing with lithium drills however the batteries in dewalt seem to be more expensive and last less time in the dewalt than they do in the ryobi unless we are talking the double cell configurations it appears that damage to cells happens more swiftly when cells are operating in parallel with the other cells if you were to buy used batteries that no longer work you will find that the cells in most all cases that are still useable are far outnumbered in a double pack configuration vs a single pack so keep this in mind. Damage is present to a higher percentage of cells in a double pack configuration. So unless the extra run time is extremely important I would stick to single pack variations.

Also the Samsung cells seem to be less error prone than say the newer cells by (LG?) I cannot recall who was the newer provider of the cells but I believe it is LG. Anyhow there are some of the newer lithium packs that have the same batteries in them as the Lithium+ models that ryobi is pushing which I find interesting as well...

The biggest hangup in all of these drills is the trigger as they do not sustain the same wear as the rest of the drill and should be redesigned. Dewalt seems to have a slightly longer lasting trigger than the others ryobi, rigid, and milwaukee all face this problem while dewalt is not a stranger to trigger problems I do find that on average the triggers do last a slight bit longer.

However I must say I still opt for ryobi there are other advantages of ryobi that are not mentioned being the ONE+ system leaves room for more configurations than any other cordless tool maker out there.

Another thing worth mention is that Makita has a BMS board on their battery that does not allow for repair of its batteries through cell replacement for the consumer this is horrible practice contributing to principles that fill our landfills with crap that does not belong there we need to fight these types of practices with strength in numbers one should be allowed to attain the knowledge of battery pack repair while there is inherent danger involved with repairing lithium batteries there is also inherent danger when operating a saw or a great number of things it is important to be a more educated and less disposeable society.

I don't think the HDFIVE code is working anymore.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014