• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Here's the link to the tablet at Kohl's:
8" Polaroid Jelly Bean Tablet   

Apply coupon code 20FORU to save 20%.  This will bring the price of the tablet to slightly below $100.  Add small filler to get over $100 to get $30 Kohls Cash Back.
Rebate for $40 is valid for purchases till 11/29.  Link is here    as well as the product page above.

I have no experience with this tablet, but it gets good reviews on here on the TRU website.   

Appears to have good specs but only 4Gb internal memory.  It does have a mico-sd card slot though.

More deals in the official Kohls coupon thread.
Kohl's
See Kohl's discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Custom ROM?  Which 1? I rooted but didn't find any custom rom options.

toenailsmasher (Jan. 23, 2014 @ 10:15p) |

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?9198-**-ROM-**-Polaroid-AS8-**-ROOTED-TWRP**
+
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p... (more)

Sania (Jan. 25, 2014 @ 5:33p) |

Thanks.  Not sure if its more better goodness - but it was easy enough to load.

Good to see that somebodys working on it.... (more)

toenailsmasher (Jan. 26, 2014 @ 11:36p) |

Staff Summary
  • Kohl's Coupons:
    SHIPPINGMVC
    Kohl's Charge MVC Customers - Free shipping on any order (expires 4/21/14 12:59am)
    SUN15
    15% off any order (expires 4/21/14 12:59am)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
dennisfuller said:   Here's the link to the tablet at Kohl's:
8" Polaroid Jelly Bean Tablet 

Apply coupon code 20FORU to save 20%.  This will bring the price of the tablet to slightly below $100.  Add small filler to get over $100 to get $30 Kohls Cash Back.
Rebate for $40 is valid for purchases till 11/29.  Link is here  as well as the product page above.

I have no experience with this tablet, but it gets good reviews on here on the TRU website. 

Appears to have good specs but only 4Gb internal memory.  It does have a mico-sd card slot though.

  

20% code only with Kohls charge. otherwise 15% off with TURKEYDAY15

rated:
Google has screwed up Android pretty good as far as installing apps to SD cards with 4.2.2. I've got to use a combination of Root + Link2SD + FolderMount to get desired behavior. I would assume this tablet has a similar flaw.

rated:
They sell this at Toys r Us and it's got some dismal reviews.

rated:
evbe said:   They sell this at Toys r Us and it's got some dismal reviews.
  
Here's the link for the reviews on TRU.  Maybe you're looking at a different tablet?
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21830286 

I would agree that Polaroid generally makes poor tablets but this is a new one and you have Kohl's awesome return policy as a safety net.

rated:
does this have CM 10.1 support? if yes, then not bad $40+tax after rebate and Kohl's cash.

rated:
Nothing Polaroid is worth over 50 bucks.

rated:
jeffmd said:   Nothing Polaroid is worth over 50 bucks.
  
But if I only had $50 to spend on a tablet, this would a good one.

rated:
Thanks! In for two for Xmas presents...$30 for a tablet is a steal for the parents!

rated:
dennisfuller said:   
jeffmd said:   Nothing Polaroid is worth over 50 bucks.
  
But if I only had $50 to spend on a tablet, this would a good one.

  This might be the only one

rated:
To add ShopDiscover has 10% CashBack bouns on Kohls

rated:
Here's the math that I just did for my friend.  For the price you can't really beat it.

so the math is 119.99 - $18 (TURKEYDAY15) - $15.3 in total from discover - $40 from rebate - $30 Kohl's Cash = $16.69 plus tax on 101.99.

Add another 32gb MicroSD card from BestBuy ($18?) and you have tablet with some capacity.

l8r

-doc

rated:
I had a version of this from last year's sale, I would not recommend it to anyone.

rated:
Bought it last year and this thing is SLOW.....  Can't recommend it at all!

rated:
I bought this last year. not worth for even $30

rated:
Thanks for your opinions....moving on...

rated:
doctor3 said:   Here's the math that I just did for my friend.  For the price you can't really beat it.

so the math is 119.99 - $18 (TURKEYDAY15) - $15.3 in total from discover - $40 from rebate - $30 Kohl's Cash = $16.69 plus tax on 101.99.

Add another 32gb MicroSD card from BestBuy ($18?) and you have tablet with some capacity.

l8r

-doc

  
In for one as a gift. I don't mind the rebate, can use the Kohls cash, so great deal. 

rated:
MrHot said:   I bought this last year. not worth for even $30

Last year's tablet didn't have a dual core processor, a gig of ram and Jelly Bean.

rated:
The 20FORU code is only good with a Kohls charge card, therefore use other codes to get Discover CashBack

in for 1

thanks OP

rated:
i also bought this last year...worthless

rated:
kameronm said:   i also bought this last year...worthless

That was a different tablet.

rated:
Does this have GPS?
Will 4GB be full quickly when install apps?

rated:
ntddvltt said:   Does this have GPS?
Will 4GB be full quickly when install apps?


No GPS. The 4gb of memory will fill quickly. This tablet would be for light users only.

rated:
In the T&C on the rebate form - Not valid with any other promotions. - Do the coupon codes invalidate the rebate?

rated:
I wouldn't call the polaroid tablets worthless. I got the ptab7xc at last year's Kohls sale which had much lower specifications. I use it nearly every day at the gym to watch shows and movies, and listen to music while I'm on the elliptical trainer. My kids play minecraft pocket edition on it, and that was only a single core. The browser did seem nearly unusable slow. If you follow this deal it's only 22 dollars, I think you can get many times that in value, as long as you don't assume it to be same as a tablet costing hundreds of dollars. Celebrate its strengths in being cheap and providing portable computing power. I'm looking forward to getting a couple of these to replace my ptab7xc's, so I can use bluetooth headphones at the gym.

rated:
I was wondering, is this the same tablet as was sold last year? I heard that one was really slow.

rated:
dazviking said:   I was wondering, is this the same tablet as was sold last year? I heard that one was really slow.
If it is, then it would be really slow. I wish someone would chime in already about last year's tablet.

rated:
ntddvltt said:   Does this have GPS?
Will 4GB be full quickly when install apps?

  GPS is pretty worthless on a WiFi tablet.  Most mapping programs will use nearby WiFi locations to get within 100' or better.

rated:
dazviking said:   I was wondering, is this the same tablet as was sold last year? I heard that one was really slow.
  
No, this is the Polaroid S8.  Do a Google search and look for the oldest reference you can.  This is a fairly recently released tablet that has much better specs.

My sister already has one of these.  She doesn't have high tech standards but also owns an iPad.  If it were that horrible, she would have returned it.  She likes it enough that she's buying one to give our parents for Christmas.

rated:
In 4 2. Hope there will be no problem. Use Discover Card for 10% CB

rated:
In for one. If I don't like it I will give it to the kids to replace their heinously horrible Netxbook 7s resistive screen tabs.

BTW, check out Freaktab.com for possibly more info on the S7 (or its siblings the S8 or S10)

rated:
Hmm, the reviews only have 4 posts. I don't know if that's enough to say that this is a good tablet. However, the specs are decent and I'm just looking for something cheap but functional for my 9 y/o nephew.

rated:
Let's be honest with this deal...

I don't consider Kohls Cash as real cash.... Kohls marketing department has really suckered us into thinking that this is cash or some sort of rebate...

In reality... if you don't consider the Kohl's cash, you're really paying 119.99-18.00(15% off)= $101.99 + $7.14 (average 7% sales tax +- 1%) = $109.13 - $10.91 (10% discover Cash Back) - $40 rebate = $58.22

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PAY: $58.22 for this tablet?

Also, there's no way at the moment to get ROOT access...

I bought the PTAB8000 last year it's pretty terrible...
- The screen is made of plastic.
- Touchscreen is not accurate around the corners.
- Battery life sucked
- No Bluetooth

 

rated:
I carefully thinking...

What can I lose given the fact a Kohls store is near by? If it doesn't work out smoothly, I can return it.

Kohls return policy also says they accept returns even w/o packing. So, submitting rebate won't be a problem either.

I'm in for 1...

rated:
amm41716 said:   Let's be honest with this deal...

I don't consider Kohls Cash as real cash.... Kohls marketing department has really suckered us into thinking that this is cash or some sort of rebate...

In reality... if you don't consider the Kohl's cash, you're really paying 119.99-18.00(15% off)= $101.99 + $7.14 (average 7% sales tax +- 1%) = $109.13 - $10.91 (10% discover Cash Back) - $40 rebate = $58.22

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PAY: $58.22 for this tablet?

Also, there's no way at the moment to get ROOT access...

I bought the PTAB8000 last year it's pretty terrible...
- The screen is made of plastic.
- Touchscreen is not accurate around the corners.
- Battery life sucked
- No Bluetooth

 

  
If you shop at Kohls and have someting to buy, the Kohls cash is fine.

This tablet has bluetooth, and most people don't need root access.

Room on the 4GB for apps might be a real issue, though. 

As was pointed out, this is good for a light user, web browsing, some facebook, things like that. And that's probably right in Kohls demographic. 
 

rated:
Some additional info I found here:
http://liliputing.com/2013/01/polaroid-launches-some-more-mediocre-android-tablets-for-129-and-up.html   
The 7 inch is the cheapest of the bunch, starting at $129. It features a 7 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel capacitive toucshcreen display, a 1.6 GHz ARM Cortex-A9 dual core processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of storage, a 2MP rear camera and a 0.3MP front-facing camera.
When I got a chance to test the tablet, it seemed reasonably fast… but the screen viewing angles were underwhelming.There are a few things to like about this tablet. It has an HDMI port and SD card slot. It’s a Google Certified device with the Play Store, Google Maps, and other Google software. And it runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The back of the tablet also has a pretty attractive matte red and black finish....
Polaroid is also showing off an 8 inch tablet which looks nearly identical to the 7 inch model, but which has a 1024 x 768 pixel display


The info is sort of all over the place. I have seen cortex-A7, A8, and now A9. It pretty clearly is only 4GB, but that also doesn't include the OS.
It should have google play, which I guess some of the last year ones didn't.
IDK about HDMI port.
1GB of RAM, usable. It's android, so 2 would be better, but 1 should work OK.
It is on the google list of certified tablets, under FOXCON

Anyone who actually has one, seen one in person at the store ??

rated:
BloatedElvis said:   
amm41716 said:   Let's be honest with this deal...

I don't consider Kohls Cash as real cash.... Kohls marketing department has really suckered us into thinking that this is cash or some sort of rebate...

In reality... if you don't consider the Kohl's cash, you're really paying 119.99-18.00(15% off)= $101.99 + $7.14 (average 7% sales tax +- 1%) = $109.13 - $10.91 (10% discover Cash Back) - $40 rebate = $58.22

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PAY: $58.22 for this tablet?

Also, there's no way at the moment to get ROOT access...

I bought the PTAB8000 last year it's pretty terrible...
- The screen is made of plastic.
- Touchscreen is not accurate around the corners.
- Battery life sucked
- No Bluetooth

 

  
If you shop at Kohls and have someting to buy, the Kohls cash is fine.

This tablet has bluetooth, and most people don't need root access.

Room on the 4GB for apps might be a real issue, though. 

As was pointed out, this is good for a light user, web browsing, some facebook, things like that. And that's probably right in Kohls demographic. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Good points BloatedElvis

For those of you who jump the gun on this, purchase 2 tablets on 2 separate receipts just in case 1 is broken. You never know the quality of cheap tablets. I did this last year and I was really glad I purchased 2 because one of the tablets was defective (where it no longer recognized the internal storage). I say 2 receipts because with 2 receipts, you can't screw up your Kohls cash when you do the return...

Also to extend the lifetime of the Kohls Cash, buy something with Kohls cash in store and then return it. Most of the time, the return will be in store credit which doesn't expire... by the way, this is totally YMMV but most Kohls are pretty lax...

 

  

rated:
Seems to me this is better than the other cheap tablets, like the 7" RCA single core with only one .3 MP camera...

rated:
Tested this tablet yesterday. It has an Allwinner A20 SoC Dual Cortex A7 core, but underclocked to 912mhz. Got root through the recovery update method at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2371614. Overclockable to 1.15Ghz, which made it much more usable. Also, the main problem with these cheap polaroid tablet is the flash memory they use, which are usually incredibly slow, making browsing ridiculously slow because of the constant writes. Battery, bluetooth support, screen resolution, and HDMI output make it a much better tablet than last year's version. Overall, it's not bad for light use.

Skipping 54 Messages...
rated:
Sania said:   
toenailsmasher said:   
Sania said:   I got my rebate today as well. Its all rooted, with custom ROM with performance improvements, not bad at all.

I still have to figure out how to "merge" all the available memories to make it close to 4 GB as advertise.

  

Custom ROM?  Which 1? I rooted but didn't find any custom rom options.

  http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?9198-**-ROM-**-Polaroid-A...
+
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?9292-Polaroid-S8-%28from-...

  


Thanks.  Not sure if its more better goodness - but it was easy enough to load.

Good to see that somebodys working on it.  Hopefully they get CM on it so  we can properly tweak the settings.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014