• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
In this thread, I am trying to post the current best prices on the remaining Panasonic Plasma TV's.  For the last three months or so, this has meant Paul's TV, except for one or two days when they were beat by Amazon, and short exceptions on specific models from other dealers.

I will try to keep this top post updated about weekly with the current best prices, regardless of where they are.  The second post contains the archives of the top post. 

Please post any lower prices in the thread so all can benefit!  I am also happy to try and answer questions about Panasonic Plasmas.

For this week, the current prices are...

• TCP65ZT60 - Not available at Paul's online, best price was $2800.
  • TCP60ZT60 - Paul's online price is $2270 with coupon NEWYEAR3 (New low!)
  • TCP65VT60 - Paul's has it for $2250 online with coupon NEWYEAR4.  Instore price is $2240, the low price for Paul's.  (Amazon had it at $2150 for about one day at the start of December.)
  • TCP60VT60 - Paul's online price (with coupon NEWYEAR10) and instore price is $1750.  This maintains the previous lowest price.  (Fry's ran a clearance on them in mid-november for $1000, with *very* limited stock.  Some people were able to pricematch at Best Buy or Amazon.)
  • TCP55VT60 - Paul's online price is $1530 with coupon NEWYEAR13, a new low for Paul's.  (Amazon dropped to $1450, I think, for about one day at the start of December.

All lower priced sets are no longer shown on the website.  Presumably they are permanently out of stock.

Paul's TV
See Paul's TV promo codes that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

TCP65ZT60
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

ganjagadget (Jan. 10, 2014 @ 8:10p) |

65vt60 $2000 at Amazon.

BenDB (Jan. 13, 2014 @ 1:03p) |

Also $2000 at Best Buy in some areas of the country, depending, I would guess, on regional stock.

BenDB (Jan. 13, 2014 @ 1:44p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Expired around 12/5:
TCP65ZT60 - Coupon Code HOLIDAY15 makes the price $2900
TCP60ZT60 - Coupon Code HOLIDAY16 makes the price $2300
TCP65VT60 - Coupon Code HOLIDAY8 makes the price $2300
TCP60VT60 - Coupon Code HOLIDAY7 makes the price $1900 (lowest coupon price was $1800)
TCP55VT60 - Coupon Code HOLIDAY11 makes the price $1550
TCP65ST60 - Coupon Code HOLIDAY12 makes the price $2000 (lowest coupon price was $1900)
TCP60ST60 - Website shows: This item is not currently available online.
TCP55ST60 - Coupon Code HOLIDAY6 makes the price $1250 (lowest coupon price was $1200)
Looks like they're out of the TCP50ST60. 

----------------------------------------------------

Effective ~December 6 to December 19:

• TCP65ZT60 - Coupon Code SEASONSGREETINGS11 makes the price $2900
  • TCP60ZT60 - Coupon Code SEASONSGREETINGS12 makes the price $2300
  • TCP65VT60 - Coupon Code SEASONSGREETINGS7 makes the price $2275  A(A New low, Amazon had it at $2150 for about one day at the start of December.)
  • TCP60VT60 - Coupon Code SEASONSGREETINGS8 makes the price $1830. (Lowest coupon price was $1800, Amazon dropped to $1750 for about one day at the start of December)
  • TCP55VT60 - Coupon Code SEASONSGREETINGS9 makes the price $1575 (Lowest coupon price was $1550.  Amazon dropped to $1450, I think, for about one day at the start of December.
  • TCP65ST60 - No code available?  This model is now not shown on the website.  (Lowest coupon price was $1900.)
  • TCP60ST60 - No code available?  This model is now not shown on the website.
  • TCP55ST60 - SEASONSGREETINGS4 makes the price $1250.  (Lowest coupon price was $1200)
  • TCP50ST60 - This model is not shown on the website.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Effective Dec 27th - Jan 2:

• TCP65ZT60 - No coupon, price online is $2800 (A new low!)
  • TCP60ZT60 - No coupon, price online $2300  (Has not been lower)
  • TCP65VT60 - No coupon, now $2295 online.  Instore price is $2240, a new low for Paul's.  (Amazon had it at $2150 for about one day at the start of December.)
  • TCP60VT60 - No coupon, price online is $1850.  Instore Price is $1750, tying the previous low. (Lowest coupon price was $1800, Amazon dropped to $1750 for about one day at the start of December)
  • TCP55VT60 - No coupon, price online is $1595.  (Lowest coupon price was $1550.  Amazon dropped to $1450, I think, for about one day at the start of December.
  • TCP65ST60 - This model is now not shown on the website.  (Lowest coupon price was $1900.)
  • TCP60ST60 - This model is now not shown on the website.
  • TCP55ST60 - This model is now not shown on the website.  (Lowest coupon price was $1200)
  • TCP50ST60 - This model is not shown on the website.

Cross post from the Sears thread as BenDB requested:

I am on the verge of pulling the trigger here on the Sears S60 deal, a couple of questions if I can pick your brains a bit more.  I can't black out the room this will be in but currently have the Panasonic TH-42X50U and we're OK with the glare when the blinds are mostly shut in the room, I assume even the S60 should blow an almost ten year old plasma out of the water for how it handles glare?

Second question...Probably the fastest "twitch" game I play is Assassin's Creed, otherwise it's more Skyrim, GTA or The Last of Us style games.  Has anyone experienced notable input lag with the ST60 in any of these kinds of games?  I have an open box ST60 nearby but am nervous about input lag with an open box purchase.

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking for a little smaller plasma.
Any deals or codes?

Chedawg said:   Second question...Probably the fastest "twitch" game I play is Assassin's Creed, otherwise it's more Skyrim, GTA or The Last of Us style games.  Has anyone experienced notable input lag with the ST60 in any of these kinds of games?  I have an open box ST60 nearby but am nervous about input lag with an open box purchase.
I am not a 'twitch' gamer, as I've understood the term.  I'm more into Skylanders and Assassin's Creed lately, myself.  I was all set to buy a ST model, until I read the gaming lag report at CNet.  People seem to think that lag only effects players who are playing (usually online) games where every additional millisecond means they are responding slower than their opponents, and will put them at a disadvantage.  But you can also notice lag as seeming to make your controls slower, more sluggish.

I was hoping the lag would not bother me, so I lugged my Wii U to both Sears and Paul's, and I've played it on the ST, S, VT, and Samsung F5500 Plasmas.  I first tried a couple games on the ST.  Everything seemed fine.  Then I tried the same games on a S model.  Wow!  What a difference.  I didn't realize what I had been missing - everything just seemed so much more responsive.

On the ST, the lag is *very* noticable to me, and I can't stand it. It seems like the game is just sluggish. If you are using a gun, you pull the trigger, there is a slight pause, then the gun fires. If you moving your character, and want to change directions, you push the direction pad, and then a moment later the character turns.

Could you get used to the lag, and not have it effect game play? Sure. Will it bother everyone, or even perhaps most people? Maybe not. Does it seem really, really obvious to me, and drive me crazy? Absolutely.

On the S and Samsung F5500 series, Everything is quick, and to me, instant.  Love it, love it.

But I don't love the picture quality on those two as much as I do the on the VT series.  I can notice (barely) some lag on the VT.  I'll be buying the VT, and just choosing to live with the lag.

[ If you are playing on a Panasonic, make sure you turn on game mode, and turn off all the image processing that you can. It makes a big difference. On the Samsung, you need to engage the poorly-documented 'PC' mode; it is noticably better than the easy to find 'game' mode.  If I recall correctly, you need to set the input label to 'PC' (versus DVD, tuner, etc.).  My comments here are playing on Panasonics with game mode on, and all processing off, or on a Samsung in PC mode, and all processing off. ]

Perfect answer, thank you!  I have a hunch it will bother me as well as we play pretty similar games it sounds like and what you described with the ST60 sounds maddening LOL

Chedawg said:   Cross post from the Sears thread as BenDB requested:

I am on the verge of pulling the trigger here on the Sears S60 deal, a couple of questions if I can pick your brains a bit more.  I can't black out the room this will be in but currently have the Panasonic TH-42X50U and we're OK with the glare when the blinds are mostly shut in the room, I assume even the S60 should blow an almost ten year old plasma out of the water for how it handles glare?

Second question...Probably the fastest "twitch" game I play is Assassin's Creed, otherwise it's more Skyrim, GTA or The Last of Us style games.  Has anyone experienced notable input lag with the ST60 in any of these kinds of games?  I have an open box ST60 nearby but am nervous about input lag with an open box purchase.

Thanks in advance!

I don't game much, but my sons both do, and they have played an awful lot of Assassins Creed on our ST60 and have not complained about any issues at all. That doesn't mean that they haven't experienced it at all, but if they have it was not enough for a pair of fussy teenagers to notice. 

mminauro1 said:   I'm looking for a little smaller plasma.
Any deals or codes?

There was a recent deal at Sears for the 50" S60 model for about $600; I'm not sure if that is still available. You did see the codes above for the 55" ST and VT, right?  Pansonic only goes down to 50" in their plasmas at this point.

Paul's is showing the 50S60 at $700, but out of stock online.  You might have luck calling a store (even if it is not local) and asking them to check stock.

I would stay away from the 720p Panasonic plasma models; the picture quality is really poor compared tho any of the 1080p models.

BenDB: I love the concept of the Panasonic plasma "get them before they're gone" price tracking thread since I've got my eye on them as well. But would it make sense to track more than just Paul's TV? I know they generally have some of the best prices on these sets, but many of us live in states where they have stores -- meaning taxes (Yes, I know about use tax -- thanks.).

Think it may be worth the extra effort to track another store, like Amazon, in addition to Paul's... even if, odds are, most will be trying to get Amazon to price match Paul's.

Killjoy1991 said:   BenDB: I love the concept of the Panasonic plasma "get them before they're gone" price tracking thread since I've got my eye on them as well. But would it make sense to track more than just Paul's TV?
I'm glad you like the idea.  I almost started a 'Panasonic Plasma Prices' thread, but decided to do it this way instead.  (a) Paul's prices have been the best most of the last two months.  And, more importantly, (b) a 'Best Panasonic Plasma Prices' sort of title seems like it would get the thread sent over to deal discussions.

If anyone finds a better than Paul's price, it is certainly welcome to go into this thread; please at least link to it if you find a separate thread.  Both for those who want to buy somewhere else, and those who want to price match Paul's or Amazon to the lowest possible price

A 50" for $200, but not one I would recommend:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1318597/

Amazon has the P65VT60 for $2149, P60VT60 for $1749, and the P55VT60 for $1499.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-P65VT60-65-Inch-Plasma-Glasse...

87horsepower said:   Amazon has the P65VT60 for $2149, P60VT60 for $1749, and the P55VT60 for $1499.

Thank you for the link!  I just price matched my order at Paul's down a bit...

Best Buy has similar prices/

$1499 for the P55VT60 at Amazon.com's CyberMonday sale. Plus 2% promotional rebate.

FungPee said:   $1499 for the P55VT60 at Amazon.com's CyberMonday sale. Plus 2% promotional rebate.

Ty 4 heads up. What is the 2% promotional rebate though?

WhatistheDeal said:   
FungPee said:   $1499 for the P55VT60 at Amazon.com's CyberMonday sale. Plus 2% promotional rebate.

Ty 4 heads up. What is the 2% promotional rebate though?

Amazon offers 2% of the purchase price as an Amazon credit once you pass the return window.  You can spend the credit on anything sold by Amazon.

Ah ok. Ty 4 reply. Amz doesn't show the 2% offer on the mobile site for me.

So the credit brings the P65VT60 down to just over $2100. Good deal!

Updated with new codes, good through 12/12 I believe.

I saw at another site that Sears has the TC-P50S60 for $600. Price will show when you get to checkout. Not available in my area, though.

Also saw someone reporting that their Costco has new stock of the TC-P65S60 for $1300. Note this is *not* the TC-P65S64 that Costco had earlier in the year.

abt.com is apparently also selling the 65VT60 for $2300, but Discover is offering 10% CashBack there.

Best Buy is apparently selling the 65ST60 fro $2000 at the moment.

Any updated codes for Pauls?

BUY one now. Panny has left the plasma business.

We got a 55" VT60 a few weeks back. It handily replaced our Pioneer Kuro (the gold standard for Plasma).

centex99 said:   Any updated codes for Pauls?
  No codes that I can find right now.  But the straight online prices are good without any need for codes.  I've updated the top two posts.

Added some in-store Paul's prices that are *very* good.

Sears pushed the TCP50S60 to "clearance" probably still $699, with no online ordering/delivery. Limited to available stock in stores. I checked a bunch of zip codes, nada. The ST60 will be next.

I think I got the last S60 from Best Buy for ship-to-store pickup.

m362w said:   Sears pushed the TCP50S60 to "clearance" probably still $699, with no online ordering/delivery. Limited to available stock in stores. I checked a bunch of zip codes, nada. The ST60 will be next.
  If you happen to be near Natick, MA, there is a 65S60 at Paul's for ~$1230 (open box, currently on display).

D'oh... your pushing my buttons! Must resist!! My TV is fine! Plasma's are so pretty....

Good thread though, thanks.

Overstock.com has a few refurbished P65S64 (the costco/sams 65s60) in stock NOW

Link

Price was $1134 yesterday but has increased to $1250. Still a smoking deal

Overstock is out of stock now... though I considered it, but want the 65" VT even though 1k more is hard to justify. Am hoping to see some further reduced pricing on the 65" VT....

FYI...  Just put an in-store order for TC-P65VT60 at Paul's TV for $2240 - they are apparently backordered, so my guess is that supplies are running low across the board...

Some good prices on those TV's good deal OP

Thank you!

65vt60 $2000 at Amazon.

Also $2000 at Best Buy in some areas of the country, depending, I would guess, on regional stock.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014