• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Even better than the $60-$80 other retailers are doing for black friday

"Nokia’s most affordable Windows Phone 8 smartphone delivers experiences normally only found in high-end smartphones, such as the same digital camera lenses found on the Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Music for free music out of the box and even offline, and the HERE location suite. The wallet-friendly, 4-inch phone is part of AT&T’s GoPhone lineup and at $49, is a savings of $50. Offer valid Nov. 28 – Dec. 2 in the U.S. and Puerto Rico only, subject to availability."

http://wmpoweruser.com/deal-att-to-sell-nokia-lumia-520-gophone-for-49-from-tomorrow/  

This is a locked go-phone for AT&T and an awesome price for a no-contract phone

Member Summary

Nokia Lumia 520 (84.86kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
That's insanely overpriced. It would be better to use it for a bit and have T-Mobile unlock it.

View (Dec. 01, 2013 @ 10:09a) |

There are sites claiming to unlock the 520 too for that price.

rj123456 (Dec. 01, 2013 @ 10:09p) |

BestBuy is now selling this for the same price as part of their Cyber Monday. Backordered though.

rufruf44 (Dec. 02, 2013 @ 9:58a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Nearly giving these things away... great deal..

It's a shame and quite stupid there isn't a deal for T-Mobile's 521 like this one

Wow. I'm tempted to buy a couple as "iPod" gifts. Not a bad budget phone either. How much lower can they go?

thanks.

any 521 deals?

I found one! http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1317705/
It's 10 USD more expensive though

gaore said:   thanks.

any 521 deals?

  Frys $59.99 posted on FW.  Please search

the rumor is that the 525 which is the updated 520/521 with 1gb memory will be released early december so they are heavily discounting the 520/521 with the 512mb ram.

Excellent phone, using 521 right now while waiting for the Nexus 5 to arrive. $50 for this phone...GPS feature with downloadable maps alone is worth the money. 

I like 521

@matr8x - I just read about the 525. Currently, they're not planning on releasing it to the US. Also, the 525 is priced @ $200. Not a great deal for only a RAM bump

http://www.zdnet.com/nokia-launches-1gb-ram-lumia-525-but-it-won...

DiMAn0684 said:   GPS feature with downloadable maps alone is worth the money. 
  downloadable  over wifi w/o activatation/data?
 

Are there any good apps to use as a dash camera?

daw007 said:   Even better than the $60-$80 other retailers are doing for black friday
 

  bought/shipped from TD @ $60. Do they PM after the fact?

Still better for me due to no 8% tax+ Discover online Cash Back

$3-4 to unlock a 520 on eBay.

It appears they make you buy a plan with a phone purchase. Any way around it? What is the cheapest plan?

algo said:   $3-4 to unlock a 520 on eBay.
  
No.  It's >$20.00 which is almost half the price of the phone.

I'm not aware of anyone that can unlock AT&T 520 other than AT&T.

algo said:   $3-4 to unlock a 520 on eBay.
  it used to be. now it is crazy.

Can it be unlocked to a Straight Talk AT&T sim?

This phone is locked to AT&T network but you can use some AT&T MVNO's like H2O, Aivoice and Good2Go wireless without unlocking the phone.

Extract from SD
Airvoice wireless [airvoicewireless.com] [4¢/2¢/6¢ for talk/text/data respectively]
Good2go-mobile [allprepaidplans.com] [5¢/5¢/50¢ for talk/text/data respectively]
H2o-wireless [allprepaidplans.com] [5¢/5¢/10¢ for talk/text/data respectively] Sim Card available for 5 cents from Amazon LINK

Seemed like a good value for the $$$. Can this be used with existing non-smartphone GoPhone plan?

rufruf44 said:   Seemed like a good value for the $$$. Can this be used with existing non-smartphone GoPhone plan?
  
Anyone has an answer to this? I have a dumb phone (Samsung A117, with $100 prepaid 1-year plan) and would like to reuse the same phone number and plan.
Thx.

GundamW said:   rufruf44 said:   Seemed like a good value for the $$$. Can this be used with existing non-smartphone GoPhone plan?
520 will fully support Go Phone. Call AT&T @ 800-331-0500 and request to "port" the old Go Phone number/account over to the new 520. You will need to provide the SIM card number and IMEI number of the 520. The 520 comes with a micro SIM card. You can also cut the SIM card of the old phone to the size of a micro SIM card and drop it in the 520 (no need to call AT&T). GOOG this SIM cut template.
  
Anyone has an answer to this? I have a dumb phone (Samsung A117, with $100 prepaid 1-year plan) and would like to reuse the same phone number and plan.
Thx.
  

E4300 said:   
GundamW said:   
rufruf44 said:   Seemed like a good value for the $$$. Can this be used with existing non-smartphone GoPhone plan?
520 will fully support Go Phone. Call AT&T @ 800-331-0500 and request to "port" the old Go Phone number/account over to the new 520. You will need to provide the SIM card number and IMEI number of the 520. The 520 comes with a micro SIM card. You can also cut the SIM card of the old phone to the size of a micro SIM card and drop it in the 520 (no need to call AT&T). GOOG this SIM cut template.
  
Anyone has an answer to this? I have a dumb phone (Samsung A117, with $100 prepaid 1-year plan) and would like to reuse the same phone number and plan.
Thx.

  

  Thanks! Now to wait for the deal to materialize.

@iseetrails - yes, this will work with a Straight Talk AT&T SIM. it doesn't need to be unlocked to do that.

vickh said:   
DiMAn0684 said:   GPS feature with downloadable maps alone is worth the money. 
  downloadable  over wifi w/o activatation/data?

Yes, but you may need to install the included SIM card.

I am still seeing $99 online.Is this deal not started already?

Hi,

Sorry if this is a silly question. My parents are on a 'dumb phone' plan (2 year plan) - feature phone. Can you use this phone with there plan? (I understand that I will need to cut the SIM card or get a new SIM card.)

Thanks

kimck99 said:   Hi,

Sorry if this is a silly question. My parents are on a 'dumb phone' plan (2 year plan) - feature phone. Can you use this phone with there plan? (I understand that I will need to cut the SIM card or get a new SIM card.)

Thanks
  

It will work if you have an AT&T line.

I am stupid, where is the link for the phone?

kimck99 said:   Hi,

Sorry if this is a silly question. My parents are on a 'dumb phone' plan (2 year plan) - feature phone. Can you use this phone with there plan? (I understand that I will need to cut the SIM card or get a new SIM card.)

Thanks

  
Be careful. I tried to use an Android phone on a current dumb phone plan, and AT&T forces a data plan on you ($15 per month is the lowest) as soon as you use any type of a smartphone. They did for me. google for this and you'll see plenty of info about it.

Crazzzzy said:   
kimck99 said:   Hi,

Sorry if this is a silly question. My parents are on a 'dumb phone' plan (2 year plan) - feature phone. Can you use this phone with there plan? (I understand that I will need to cut the SIM card or get a new SIM card.)

Thanks

  
Be careful. I tried to use an Android phone on a current dumb phone plan, and AT&T forces a data plan on you ($15 per month is the lowest) as soon as you use any type of a smartphone. They did for me. google for this and you'll see plenty of info about it.
 

 Hi, did AT&T force the data plan automatically or did they contact you via email or SMS?

Thanks

Is the AT&T site going to list this?

daaber said:   Is the AT&T site going to list this?
  It was never an official release from AT&T. It was speculation from another website...

GundamW said:   
rufruf44 said:   Seemed like a good value for the $$$. Can this be used with existing non-smartphone GoPhone plan?
  
Anyone has an answer to this? I have a dumb phone (Samsung A117, with $100 prepaid 1-year plan) and would like to reuse the same phone number and plan.
Thx.

  My wife is using the 520 with her gophone account.  We took it to the ATT store and they set it up with her minutes/number/etc @ no cost.  She transferred from a "non" smartphone.

berkeleyman said:   It appears they make you buy a plan with a phone purchase. Any way around it? What is the cheapest plan?
  Probably the $100 - 1000 minutes and good for 1 year refill card. That is what I have. Just got the phone at the beginning of the month and like it a lot.

tpgopi said:   I am still seeing $99 online.Is this deal not started already?
  
I stopped at an AT&T store.  Salespeople didn't know anything about it and said anything less than the $99 was "online only".  I called AT&T sales and, after 15 minutes or more, it was still $99.  No clues on this "sale".

To me, this is now highly suspect
I wanted one for my wife and maybe the boy as well.

Bochi said:   
tpgopi said:   I am still seeing $99 online.Is this deal not started already?
  
I stopped at an AT&T store.  Salespeople didn't know anything about it and said anything less than the $99 was "online only".  I called AT&T sales and, after 15 minutes or more, it was still $99.  No clues on this "sale".

To me, this is now highly suspect
I wanted one for my wife and maybe the boy as well.

  Skip this apparently erroneous deal and go to a Microsoft Store if there is one near you. They it for $49. I had my wife pick up three.

Skipping 9 Messages...
BestBuy is now selling this for the same price as part of their Cyber Monday. Backordered though.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014