• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Microsoft Surface 10.6" 32GB Tablet @ Best Buy - $199.99
was $349.99
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Microsoft Surface 10.6" 32GB Tablet
Thanks Solipsist
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Ditto that!  I have not found anything online for under $100...

I missed out on the Microcenter deal with keyboard.  Then... (more)

Mulox (Nov. 28, 2013 @ 4:47p) |

Microsoft bundle deal for Surface RT: type cover 2 + $25 Microsoft GC + surface sleeve. Best seen so far.
http://www.fatw... (more)

PippiLongStockings (Nov. 30, 2013 @ 4:58p) |

Touch Cover for Surface | White on eBay $39.99

memonkeyking (Dec. 02, 2013 @ 2:16p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Windows RT

Still no one wants it.

"RT" on the title would help.

So this is a different version than the one msft store is selling for $199?
That what you guys are saying?

this is the same one
micro center had this with keyboard for 179$
this is not a crazy price but not a bad price too

What they're saying is run away from RT.

Does this qualify for shop discover 5%+5%?

Also the "run away from RT" is a myth created by ill-advised apple fans. Same people also hate windows 8. The same people also claim that a similarly priced PC performs poorly compared to its MAC counterpart. You get free upgrade to Windows 8.1 RT, this tablet is the best tablet in the market at this price range. Its microsd and usb support beats almost everything you can think of, for half the price of an IPAD. Ipad does not even have NFC for crying out loud. Let's not compare their hardwares because the retina screen obviously makes up for everything! 

ahcool said:   Does this qualify for shop discover 5%+5%?

Also the "run away from RT" is a myth created by ill-advised apple fans. Same people also hate windows 8. The same people also claim that a similarly priced PC performs poorly compared to its MAC counterpart. You get free upgrade to Windows 8.1 RT, this tablet is the best tablet in the market at this price range. Its microsd and usb support beats almost everything you can think of, for half the price of an IPAD. Ipad does not even have NFC for crying out loud. Let's not compare their hardwares because the retina screen obviously makes up for everything! 

You are forgetting the most important thing....not many useful apps as Apple iOS and Google Android tablets. It's like buying Palm OS tablet....it failed due to lack of apps.

docjoo said:   

You are forgetting the most important thing....not many useful apps as Apple iOS and Google Android tablets. It's like buying Palm OS tablet....it failed due to lack of apps.

You hear this often, what 'useful' apps is it missing?

The deal from MicroCenter also came with Office and Student 2013. I think that was the better deal because of that.

poorfatkid said:   The deal from MicroCenter also came with Office and Student 2013. I think that was the better deal because of that.

The update to 8.1 includes office.  Which is a great deal.

bump

You might want to think twice about this.
Rumors are spreading that MSFT is going to drop RT: http://www.itnews.com.au/News/365635,microsoft-expected-to-drop-...

It is a good value for $199. The only better deal was on eBay with no tax and free touch cover. I had Android, iPad and now have Surface, and can tell you that for the money it is exceptional. Remember, it is less than 1/2 of the iPad. Apps missing? Not many in real life, unless you want something very special. Office is there, Netflix works great, Pandora, Adobe, all sorts of games, picture editors. For 95% of users Surface is perfect.

colade said:   
poorfatkid said:   The deal from MicroCenter also came with Office and Student 2013. I think that was the better deal because of that.

Which one has an update to 8.1? BB? I don't see it...

Check this too.. Though Refurbished, still has 1 yr Warranty + No Tax
Also add additional accessories in the same page for extra.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181265693099

Only a company like MSFT can afford thus kind of failure. They spent millions and millions to port windows to ARM, hoping they can sell it for $499 then went down to $349 and now trying to do damage control at $199. Feel sorry for the project leader for this epic fail.

king0fSpades said:   Only a company like MSFT can afford thus kind of failure. They spent millions and millions to port windows to ARM, hoping they can sell it for $499 then went down to $349 and now trying to do damage control at $199. Feel sorry for the project leader for this epic fail.
  Just another in a long line of failures.... Great idea, great product... it just failed to attract market share.

colade said:   
docjoo said:   

google chrome

It can run full m$ office and one note.. for most of the world; business, edu and anyone else not into stupid games that keep attention for 10minutes it's a pretty great value.  Real Multi-tasking, ability to use external add on's easier.  I'd take this over a ipad or google device any day.  Now for a kid or someone addicted to $2 download video games..  the app world the other two have is hard to beat.  There are a few apps to allow android app use; not sure how well they work.   Granted the full windows versions is nicer; ability to run all winX apps is nice, the asus models fit nice here in the low end of the market.

If you don't play lots of games and don't need that much apps, this is a great deal for daily usage (internet surf, emails, watching movies, reading/editing office files, etc.)

You're both applying common sense. Stop it right now. Thanks. 

I agree .

I find it perfect for video skyping. I bought one for my wife 5 months ago and 2 today for my kids.

IN for one. Come guys, for $199, 10 Inch tablet, Windows 8.1, Office suit, Xbox Music, Skype and multi user setup. Pretty good productivity tablet for my kids. Thanks OP.

stumblinh said:   It can run full m$ office and one note.. for most of the world; business, edu and anyone else not into stupid games that keep attention for 10minutes it's a pretty great value.  Real Multi-tasking, ability to use external add on's easier.  I'd take this over a ipad or google device any day.  Now for a kid or someone addicted to $2 download video games..  the app world the other two have is hard to beat.  There are a few apps to allow android app use; not sure how well they work.   Granted the full windows versions is nicer; ability to run all winX apps is nice, the asus models fit nice here in the low end of the market.

It cannot run full MS Office.  It has a scaled back version that will do the trick for most people.  Still a good deal though.

DELETE

I got one too.  I thnk MS pulled the 8.1 RT update because it was bricking tablets?

IE11 with windows 8.1 is far better than Google Chrome. 

sc300tt said:   
colade said:   
docjoo said:   

google chrome

IE11 with Windows 8.1 is far better than Google Chrome, do some research.

After seeing all the hate here for Windows RT it's obvious to me that the people who are castigating it either have never used it or don't see the utility of it. For example, most people don't realize that RT comes with a fully functional command interpreter (CMD) shell. While Android tablets may have "apps" that emulate the various shells for UNIX, but to my knowledge they don't come with one out of the box and they would be of limited utility if they did. Most of the command-line utilities that I use such as tracert, ipconfig etc. are all available in the Windows RT shell.

Office is a HUGE plus. Despite the fact that my Android tablets come with a variety of word processing software, it's still far easier and more productive for me to open up Office on my RT tablet.

Printing is another area where Windows RT shines. Most printers and drivers are either there or are available. I have 5 different printers which I use for various purposes and they all seem to work well with Windows RT. The only problems I have had are with some of the other functions of the printers such as scanning and that is because the MFC printer I was using (an HP Photosmart Premium) had a crappy app. It's been updated but I typically use those functions from my full desktop.

The fact that the desktop browser is fully flash enabled, my only wish would be that it had a Silverlight package to go with it.

Anyway, these are some of the reasons I like my RT tablet. It's a pretty useful OS. Not perfect, it can't do everything, but what it does do, it does very well. If you need a *full* computer, go with the surface pro or a laptop or convertible. RT has its place and at these Black Friday prices I think it's a good deal for a test drive for someone!

Doesn't the bb deal include it also?  It appears to from the description...  It said Office Preview which made me think Trial but it appears to be a fully copy.

Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT Preview

1 Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT Preview edition installed. The final version Microsoft Office Home & Student can be installed via Windows Update when available (free download; ISP fees apply). Some features and programs unsupported. Office Home & Student 2013 RT Preview and final versions are not for use in commercial, nonprofit, or revenue generating activities. Commercial license options available (sold separately).

mayanknewport said:   this is the same one micro center had this with keyboard for 179
worst Buy cannot compete

Chrome and Firefox

As far as I know, all surfaces come with Office 2013. The update to 8.1 is now available for the surface. I own one and find it an extremely useful and capable computer. I think MS is committed to RT. I have found most of the apps I use on my Android tablets. I would highly recommend this though the MicroCenter deal with keyboard is better if you live close to one of their stores.

This appears OOS at Bestest Buy.

poorfatkid said:   
colade said:   

Which one has an update to 8.1? BB? I don't see it...

All of them 
"How do I get Windows RT 8.1? If you already have a PC or tablet that came with Windows RT pre-installed, then you can get the free update to Windows RT 8.1from the Windows Store. You can only install Windows RT 8.1 on PCs or tablets that are already running Windows RT. You can buy a Windows RT PC at retail stores in some locations or check out some recommended  . "

Bmn I cant exactly agree about win 8.1 and ie11. Many websites for me don't work properly. Anyway for 200.00 this is great for documents and spreadsheets. I also own an IPAD. This is for some of my business purposes. If there was excel and office for the IPAD that would be great but right now it doesn't exist. At the original pricing scheme 350.00, this is not a deal at all. At 200 it can make sense. Not to mention little kids that want to watch video. Instead or giving them a 500 item or more, this can fit the bill.

Any BF deals on the keyboard cover for this?

Skipping 4 Messages...
Touch Cover for Surface | White on eBay $39.99

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014