• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Courtesy Costco Insider a list of most of the unadvertised marked down items.    (Note: The deals will vary slightly from warehouse to warehouse.)

 


And for those who have not seen it yet, the unadvertised TV price list is here .

 

Member Summary

costco
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
COSTCO has the best snack bar and will match the best price program for you when U bring in the ad to them.

MIGHTYMACHONE (Nov. 30, 2013 @ 1:49p) |

Time is money. I've wasted more time deal-hounding then the money I have saved.

smokehouse (Dec. 01, 2013 @ 1:19p) |

Depends how much your time is worth and how much money you can save.

ComputeThis (Dec. 01, 2013 @ 1:22p) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

All useless deals (for me), as expected.
I have been noting that Costco is becoming consistently expensive. So many times, I noted, if you keep an eye like a hawk and use camelcamelcamel religiously, you can score deals so cheap than Costco !!
I used to get at least $350 worth of Cash Back per year. Last year's CashBack was $34.

Nothing to make me want to shop there this year.

I wouldn't advertise those either.

Savyasachi said:   All useless deals (for me), as expected.
I have been noting that Costco is becoming consistently expensive. So many times, I noted, if you keep an eye like a hawk and use camelcamelcamel religiously, you can score deals so cheap than Costco !!
I used to get at least $350 worth of Cash Back per year. Last year's CashBack was $34.

  Been racking my brain, too much turkey I guess. But what in the world is camelcamelcamel?

GotADeal said:   
Savyasachi said:   All useless deals (for me), as expected.
I have been noting that Costco is becoming consistently expensive. So many times, I noted, if you keep an eye like a hawk and use camelcamelcamel religiously, you can score deals so cheap than Costco !!
I used to get at least $350 worth of Cash Back per year. Last year's CashBack was $34.

  Been racking my brain, too much turkey I guess. But what in the world is camelcamelcamel?

  CamelCamelCamel.com.  Price tracker for Amazon that holds pricing history so you can tell if you're getting a good deal.

Costco isn't for FWers, LOL. It's good for the rest of the population who value their time spent other than deal hunting. I cant say I blame then. I'm getting a little bit of deal fatigue myself. The highs of a deal becoming active and the low of it going OOS before you can click order. The sleep deprivation, thinking you are going to miss out on something good. Costco will save people money and they pay for that privilege. Can you always find something cheaper? Yes, of course you can, consistently and on demand? Probably not. And can you beat the customer service and the return policy? Of course not, those are paid "privileges" that people pay once a year for. You don't get it for free. So, just as BF really isn't all that big a deal anymore for FWers as we get them pretty much throughout the year sometimes better deals, Costco is just like that for the rest of the population. I know, difficult for some to understand, but once you do realize there is more to life than sitting in front of the computer scanning for deals, your perspective changes.

Never thought I'd say this, but I totally agree with G.W. Bush!!

duplicate, sorry

deleted

I've got a large family to feed and we shop there all the time. It's return policy is the main reason I buy there. And I don't have time to continually hunt for the deals.

I usually buy food there. They have a good selection of organic fruits as good prices. Other stuff not so much.

homerj31 said:   I usually buy food there. They have a good selection of organic fruits as good prices. Other stuff not so much.
  I wish our local Costco had organic fruit.  Most we can get is organic chicken / beef.  Maybe it's just off season but I have never seen organic fruit there.

Mrpuck said:   
homerj31 said:   I usually buy food there. They have a good selection of organic fruits as good prices. Other stuff not so much.
  I wish our local Costco had organic fruit.  Most we can get is organic chicken / beef.  Maybe it's just off season but I have never seen organic fruit there.

  My local store actually had organic Gala apples about a month or so ago.  My wife got them on two trips in a row, then we never saw them again.  We would have preferred Granny Smith, but at least it was something.

GWBush said:   Costco isn't for FWers, LOL. It's good for the rest of the population who value their time spent other than deal hunting. I cant say I blame then. I'm getting a little bit of deal fatigue myself. The highs of a deal becoming active and the low of it going OOS before you can click order. The sleep deprivation, thinking you are going to miss out on something good. Costco will save people money and they pay for that privilege. Can you always find something cheaper? Yes, of course you can, consistently and on demand? Probably not. And can you beat the customer service and the return policy? Of course not, those are paid "privileges" that people pay once a year for. You don't get it for free. So, just as BF really isn't all that big a deal anymore for FWers as we get them pretty much throughout the year sometimes better deals, Costco is just like that for the rest of the population. I know, difficult for some to understand, but once you do realize there is more to life than sitting in front of the computer scanning for deals, your perspective changes.
  Plus, their snack bar kicks ass!

GWBush -thanks for posting those sentiments. I was thinking the same thing yesterday morning when I realized just how few Black Friday "deals" I purchased this year. Getting the best deal takes a lot of work and I do get weary sometimes. I was thinking that on Sunday when I was on hold with Staples customer support after attempting to order an iPad online but having it go OOS after entering all of the purchase information. That iPad wasn't even for me - it was for a co-worker. As expected, Staples couldn't do anything about it. I really questioned my sanity for calling when I was so certain of the outcome.

I also am reaching a point where the stack of boxes is starting to look like an episode of Hoarders. Currently I have six printers NIB and probably need to gift some of them to charities. The thrill of the deal is diminished when I realize how much stuff is just sitting around the house waiting to be used.

I thought about posting comments similar to yours but expected a lot of red. Your solid green bar suggests we're not the only FWers suffering from Deal Fatigue! Sometimes the easy option of shopping at Costco is just fine with me. Even that comment makes me question my sanity - the closest Costco is 70 miles one way.

I also am reaching a point where the stack of boxes is starting to look like an episode of Hoarders. Currently I have six printers NIB and probably need to gift some of them to charities. The thrill of the deal is diminished when I realize how much stuff is just sitting around the house waiting to be used.

I agree a deal is only a deal if you are getting something you need or at least will use (or flip).
 

I've spotted less than 20 descent deals. That includes the Fry's 5-per-store-we're-crashing-like-healthcare.gov-nobody-who-reserved-this-will-actually-pick-it-up deals.

+1 for deal fatigue. Seeing "Black Friday" started last Friday this year. IMO, there were more specific deals I liked popping up on FW and "other" similar sites last year, where this year it is a lot of average stuff and "storewide" threads that are tougher to navigate. It doesn't help that I am trying to figure out what I want to do in terms of a NAS, cablecard tuner, htpc, etc. while shopping. Also researching DSLRs and that sale may just go to Costco since I know their bundle will be there in 2 weeks for a decent price.

They have lowest price on Jambox

[q=Hoogineer;18135180 said: ]My local store actually had organic Gala apples about a month or so ago.  My wife got them on two trips in a row, then we never saw them again.  We would have preferred Granny Smith, but at least it was something.
  I am actually seeing more and more organic produce at Costco. Bananas, apples, even persimmons!

Well said!  It's almost like the CEO tried to irrate customers and employees?  Too bad, I used to like the stores.

Are the Bose speakers worth the price

fhetter said:   Are ANY Bose speakers worth the price?
 

  
Fixed.

Our Costco in Long Island, NY has been getting more & more organic food the past month. Organic granny smith and red delicious apples, organic quinoa, chia seeds, farrow (new to me), always has organic spinach and mesclun salads. They're definately dipping in... about time!

LMAO! And I wholeheartedly agree.

Dang, I bought the Yamaha receiver at regular price a few months back. I wonder if they'll let me pricematch it.

Thorin78 said:   Dang, I bought the Yamaha receiver at regular price a few months back. I wonder if they'll let me pricematch it.
  
Return.  Rebuy.  Its like a pricematch.

toenailsmasher said:   
Thorin78 said:   Dang, I bought the Yamaha receiver at regular price a few months back. I wonder if they'll let me pricematch it.
  
Return.  Rebuy.  Its like a pricematch.

 
Or buy and return with old receipt... at least you're not returning a used item they can't resell. Their price match is only like 14 days.

pumpkin pie was $3

Mrpuck said:   
homerj31 said:   I usually buy food there. They have a good selection of organic fruits as good prices. Other stuff not so much.
  I wish our local Costco had organic fruit.  Most we can get is organic chicken / beef.  Maybe it's just off season but I have never seen organic fruit there.

   Exactly how I feel and do. They have a great brand of organic chicken (not frozen - that doesn't taste as good) and the price is better then other places I buy organic chicken. The only organic other foods I buy there is lettuce, although I tend not to finish it fast enough and sometimes their organic, whole grain bread.

asuka said:   I've spotted less than 20 descent deals. That includes the Fry's 5-per-store-we're-crashing-like-healthcare.gov-nobody-who-reserved-this-will-actually-pick-it-up deals.
  I am thrilled this year - and it's going to last a long time with me - that I didn't spend a penny at Frys. First the BS with the website and then I go to the store - are you kiddin' me near the end of the night, a line zig zagging across the store. Then I asked when they close, I'm told 10pm so I thought fine I'll do my other errands and stop back in when hopefully the line is down. I get there maybe ten mins or so before I was told they close and this Fry's guy comes out and states they closed at 9pm not 10pm. They've run their business poorly for years and I'm really done with cheap stuff and poor service.

6 NIB printers means you are a shopaholic,

COSTCO has the best snack bar and will match the best price program for you when U bring in the ad to them.

Time is money. I've wasted more time deal-hounding then the money I have saved.

Depends how much your time is worth and how much money you can save.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014