• 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

screenshot (171.40kB)
Disclaimer

rebate (119.38kB)
Disclaimer
Staples has buy $150 or more visa gift cards and receive $15 Staples gift card by rebate, offer expires tomorrow, 1 per HH
easy 1,000 UR points.
http://www.staples.com/Visa-100-Gift-Card/product_414600        

-$6.95 fee for the $100 and $5.95 for the $50
$2 MM on 2 x $100
$3 MM on $100 + $50

Don't forget plink gives 300 points worth $3 in Amazon gift card.

EDIT: Rebate says in store only.

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Staples (29.80kB)
Thanks erohrer
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I hope this is not too late for most of you, but I have been using the Visa cards to make purchases, and I have been get... (more)

serenity22 (Jan. 09, 2014 @ 11:21a) |

Too bad, I've already trashed the cards.  I always cut them up as soon as I drain the fund (card face value).

niniss (Jan. 09, 2014 @ 11:30a) |

what 5% kickback? (sorry, i missed it in this thread)

VivYip (Jan. 09, 2014 @ 12:20p) |

Promotion: 13-79566 Get a $15 Staples Gift Card on a Purchase of $150 or more of Mastercard Gift Cards (SKUs 192695, 725725, 763608, 763455, 763603) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate Reward: $15.00 Gift Card   
Valid Dates: 11-28-2013 through 11-29-2013  

Promotion: 13-79565 Get a $15 Staples Gift Card on a Purchase of $150 or more of Visa Gift Cards (SKUs 763604, 763602, 374172, 763607, 374177, 866291) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate Reward: $15.00 Gift Card 
Valid Dates: 11-28-2013 through 11-29-2013

• Also categorized in:

• Additional Fees: $6.95 per card ($5.95 Purchase Fee + $1.00 Shipping Fee)

but to get $150 you'll have to buy two cards with fees ($6.95 / $100, $5.95 / $50), making for very limited profitability. It's ONLY good in-store, so might be able to do better with just one $200 card (do they have $150 cards??)

Danzilla said:   but to get $150 you'll have to buy two cards with $6.95 fees each, making for very limited profitability. If it's good in-store too, might be able to do better with just one card (do they have $150 cards??)
  I'm mostly going after the UR points + plink, The MM is just gravy.

They have the $200 Mastercards (and I believe the deal is also good on MasterCard).

jpessin3 said:   They have the $200 Mastercards (and I believe the deal is also good on MasterCard).
  They had a mastercard version last month but this one specifically says VISA.

Guys the rebate form says in store only - so YMMV

repost.

clarkkentorkalel said:   
jpessin3 said:   They have the $200 Mastercards (and I believe the deal is also good on MasterCard).
  They had a mastercard version last month but this one specifically says VISA.

Ad says Visa or MC:
http://akimages.shoplocal.com/dyn_rppi/1500.0.90.0/Staples/large...

Gonna use the Paypal Master card from the CVS deal to get this one.

Damn.  Just bought the Visa $100 to get the $25 from Amex.  Will try to cancel and rebuy $150.  Where are the MC's or Visa for $150 or more?

Where does it state "In-store" only?

Nevermind.  Not worth it.

Thanks, OP.

How do you get the Staples "rebate"?   Is it instant or do you have to wait a couple of months?

Does anyone know what MM is?

Rebate Offer # 13-79566 is for $150 or greater in MasterCard Gift cards.

MitchFlorida said:   How do you get the Staples "rebate"?   Is it instant or do you have to wait a couple of months?
    It is not instant. It usually takes about six weeks.

MitchFlorida said:   How do you get the Staples "rebate"?   Is it instant or do you have to wait a couple of months?
  You have to submit it online - stapleseasyrebates.com  Due to the holiday return period not ending until 1/11/14, even though you cannot return gift cards, you may not receive the rebate until the latter half of January.

If you are paying $13 in fees to get a $15 Staples card in two months?

Does anyone know what MM means, or HH  , or plink, or UR?

In store only. Do they carry $200 visa gift cards? I know they do on MC

MitchFlorida said:   If you are paying $12 in fees to get a $15 Staples card in two months?
  You buy the $200 Visas or MCs which have a fee of $6.95. $8 MM. Not all stores carry $200 cards. YMMV.

MitchFlorida said:   If you are paying $13 in fees to get a $15 Staples card in two months?

HH = Household
plink = plink.com
UR = Ultimate Rewards

MitchFlorida said:   If you are paying $13 in fees to get a $15 Staples card in two months?

MM - Money maker, HH - Hilton Honors or HouseHold, plink.com, UR - Chase Ultimate Rewards. 30 shields. What threads do your visit you are unaware of MM? smh

here, I have to use debit card or cash to buy visa or master gift card, oh well

philasky said:   here, I have to use debit card or cash to buy visa or master gift card, oh well

Where is here ?

tajar96 said:   
philasky said:   here, I have to use debit card or cash to buy visa or master gift card, oh well

Where is here ?

Philly

philasky said:   
tajar96 said:   

Where is here ?

Philly

I am outside Philly too, near KoP.  Haven't come across this policy yet.

ahcool said:   In store only. Do they carry $200 visa gift cards? I know they do on MC
  Yes, many stores carry $200 Visas and have for quite awhile. Only in the last few months have $200 MCs become available.

ok , xtra $25 using mx, try to guess what I am saying.

MitchFlorida said:   ok , xtra $25 using mx, try to guess what I am saying.
  What are you 13? I answered your question. Just really curious how you do not know what MM stands for and you are a member of 2 deal sites. still smh. For future reference here is a list of acronyms for fw: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/457553/

Does this definitely not work online? Would they put the promotion on the product page without stating such a limitation if it was in-store only?

intleu said:   Does this definitely not work online? Would they put the promotion on the product page without stating such a limitation if it was in-store only?
  Does not work online as rebate is store only. Yes, this is Staples. No better way to explain the inconsistencies. Limit is 1 and has been on these gc deals for some time. Limit is controlled by the rebate terms. They are just stating the rebate limits.

OP, there is one offer for Visa and one separate offer for MCs. Do it 2x

mathfaster said:   OP, there is one offer for Visa and one separate offer for MCs. Do it 2x

The offer says "OR" and limit 1 per household.  Am I missing something ?

This deal is better if you have an Amex card that has a $25 rebate at Staples. It is listed on "special offers" on your Amex account.

mathfaster said:   
  What are you 13? I answered your question. Just really curious how you do not know what MM stands for and you are a member of 2 deal sites. still smh. For future reference here is a list of acronyms for fw: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/457553/

The ones he asked about....MM, HH, UR and Plink are not on that list of acronyms.  

tajar96 said:   
mathfaster said:   OP, there is one offer for Visa and one separate offer for MCs. Do it 2x

The offer says "OR" and limit 1 per household.  Am I missing something ?

Separate offers. OP only has Visa. There is also the MC offer which is separate from the Visa offer. 2 offers so one should be able to do both. And buy the $200 cards if you can find them to make it a decent MM(Money Maker).

ahcool said:   In store only. Do they carry $200 visa gift cards? I know they do on MC

yes, just got one. $6.95 activation for a $8.05 MM.

Neidman said:   
mathfaster said:   

The ones he asked about....MM, HH, UR and Plink are not on that list of acronyms.  

MM is there. Besides I answered them all in any case.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 1000 UR points if you have a Chase Bold ink card.

Motivator said:   Correct me if I'm wrong, but 1000 UR points if you have a Chase Bold ink card.
  Actually a bit more with the fees. 5X at office stores. And you can double dip with Plink.

My store had a gazillion $200 cards on the GC kiosk.  $206.95 OTD, w/cc CashBack, and Plink value, and then the $15 Staples GC.  

Skipping 40 Messages...
serenity22 said:   I hope this is not too late for most of you, but I have been using the Visa cards to make purchases, and I have been getting back 5% kickback. So don't throw away your used-up cards without checking the balance.

Same thing is happening on the Newegg Visa cards.

what 5% kickback? (sorry, i missed it in this thread)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014