• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Hope you were able to convince the cashier to split into multiple transactions for Plink. He did 50,60 and rest, so I made $7.25 from plink (versus $9). No worries, some money is still money.

I have a few more AMEX cards that I have not used the $25 off $75 offer on. I will buy this and kill two birds with one stone!

Other than the Activation fee, are there any other fees, ie a maintenance/non-usage fees, similar to the rebate prepaid card fees?

tajar96 said:   Hope you were able to convince the cashier to split into multiple transactions for Plink. He did 50,60 and rest, so I made $7.25 from plink (versus $9). No worries, some money is still money.
Be somewhat cautious with split tender and Staples and Plink. Not sure if it is on Plink site or was sent in an email but for Staples you are limited to 10 transactions a month now.

mathfaster said:   OP, there is one offer for Visa and one separate offer for MCs. Do it 2x

MF, do you have the offer number for the MC. The Visa is posted in the screenshot. Thnx.

1brooklyn1 said:   Other than the Activation fee, are there any other fees, ie a maintenance/non-usage fees, similar to the rebate prepaid card fees?
On the back of the MC it says $2 per month after 12 months of inactivity except where prohibited by law. States vary their law on inactivity fees.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
mathfaster said:   OP, there is one offer for Visa and one separate offer for MCs. Do it 2x

MF, do you have the offer number for the MC. The Visa is posted in the screenshot. Thnx.

13-79566

Can a refund check or bank transfer be requested to cash out the funds, just as many Amex prepaid cards can?TIA

mathfaster said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

13-79566

You can find them by searching on Visa or Master Card on the SER site.

billrubin said:   
mathfaster said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

13-79566

Yep. I just had it in front of me as I was just back from the store.

billrubin said:   
mathfaster said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

13-79566

I'm lazy Bill. Like to be spoon fed rebate offer #'s when possible.

MISTERCHEAP said:   

But razz me for asking for some kind of documentation supporting the OM GC deal.

labboypro said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

But razz me for asking for some kind of documentation supporting the OM GC deal.

I never razzed ya! I posted the photo, didn't I. I gave you all the info you needed, deal is perfectly good/legit, just didn't post an ad. and nice sunglasses Labboy.

labboypro said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

he he. you want to compete with Mr. C, good luck.

Great news! Thanks mathfaster. I got a $200 Visa card last night, so this morning I will go back and get a $200 MasterCard to double the MM from $8.05 to $16.10. Twice the savings. Twice the fun. Since it is two offers with two different offer numbers you are guaranteed to get the rebate for each.

By the way, you guys like I posted in another thread while you are at Staples getting your 2 $200 Visas and MasterCards, remember to pick up the Pentel pens that are free after rebate and bring along the 50% off Pentel pens coupon currently available at www.staples.com/coupons to make another $2.15. The pens ring up at $4.29, with the coupon you only pay $2.14 but you will get the full rebate back for $4.29. Limit one.

Today there is also a"Save $15 off your in-store purchase of $100 or more" but this does not apply to gift card purchases unfortunately.

The OP should really update the title of this thread as this is much more than a $2-3 MM. I saved $10 last night when I got a $200 gift card and the Pentel pens (with 50% off coupon). And since you can get two gift cards and one set of Pentel Pens this is a $18+ MM.

MrVietnam said:   

Today there is also a"Save $15 off your in-store purchase of $100 or more" but this does not apply to gift card purchases unfortunately. Too bad the free after rebate offerings this time around don't add up to $100.

3 Kaspersky IS 1 PC add up to $105 so you can use the coupon if you can find 3 of them. Ad is wrong. Limit is 3 on the Kaspersky. See rebate center.

mathfaster said:   
MrVietnam said:   

Today there is also a"Save $15 off your in-store purchase of $100 or more" but this does not apply to gift card purchases unfortunately. Too bad the free after rebate offerings this time around don't add up to $100.

3 Kaspersky IS 1 PC add up to $105 so you can use the coupon if you can find 3 of them. Ad is wrong. Limit is 3 on the Kaspersky. See rebate center.

Is this confirmed? Has anyone bought 3 and able to submit successfully for 3? I guess as long as it reads 3 when you look up the rebate at stapleeasyrebates then 3 it is. You could always return the software if the rebate is not approved as long as you return it within the short period of time they give you for returning unopened software. Off to Staples I go...

MrVietnam said:   
mathfaster said:   
MrVietnam said:   

Is this confirmed? Has anyone bought 3 and able to submit successfully for 3? I guess as long as it reads 3 when you look up the rebate at stapleeasyrebates then 3 it is. You could always return the software if the rebate is not approved as long as you return it within the short period of time they give you for returning unopened software. Off to Staples I go...

Remember that the holiday return period is now in effect. "Holiday Returns Policy: Any electronic or furniture product, which usually falls within the 14-day return policy, purchased between Sunday, November 24, 2013 and Tuesday, December 24, 2013, may be returned until Saturday, January 11, 2014 - or as the regular policy allows (whichever is later). This applies to all electronic and furniture products within Staples' regularly posted 14-day returns policy. All electronic and furniture purchases made on or after Wednesday, December 25, 2013 will observe our existing return policy. All other terms and conditions of our returns policy apply."

I don't see Kaspersky in the Black Friday ad. Am I missing something? I went to Staples.com and the price after rebate is not free:

Price: $59.99
Instant Savings: - $8.00
Rebate : - $45.00
$6.99*

It turns out "I am missing something." I found the mention of the FAR Ksapersky on page two of the ad. It didn't pop out to me the first time around.

This deal is worth it if you have an Ink Card, which I don't, or an Amex Card that gives you $25 CashBack offer.

Spending $13 to get a $15 Staples gift card isn't worth the bother otherwise.

MitchFlorida said:   This deal is worth it if you have an Ink Card, which I don't, or an Amex Card that gives you $25 CashBack offer.

Well, technically you do not have to spend $13. I bought a $200 GC last night and the rebate printed. You could spend $6.95 (fee on $200 GC) and still make some moolah.

MitchFlorida said:   Spending $13 to get a $15 Staples gift card isn't worth the bother otherwise.

That's why smart people are spending just $7 to get the $15 gift card.

MitchFlorida said:   This deal is worth it if you have an Ink Card, which I don't, or an Amex Card that gives you $25 CashBack offer.

you spend $6.95 activation for a $15 gift card. ONE $200 VISA/MC CARD. OP didn't post this deal accurately/effectively for max MM info. Can do the deal twice ONCE for MC, ONCE FOR VISA, make $16 total. Buy the SECOND Prepaid card with the FIRST prepaid card so your OOP is lowered.

mathfaster said:   
MrVietnam said:   
mathfaster said:   
MrVietnam said:   

Remember that the holiday return period is now in effect. "Holiday Returns Policy: Any electronic or furniture product, which usually falls within the 14-day return policy, purchased between Sunday, November 24, 2013 and Tuesday, December 24, 2013, may be returned until Saturday, January 11, 2014 - or as the regular policy allows (whichever is later). This applies to all electronic and furniture products within Staples' regularly posted 14-day returns policy. All electronic and furniture purchases made on or after Wednesday, December 25, 2013 will observe our existing return policy. All other terms and conditions of our returns policy apply."

Also means that rebates applied for now as "easy rebates" will not be paid out until mid January. SO BE PATIENT!!

tajar96 said:   ...
Well, technically you do not have to spend $13. I bought a $200 GC last night and the rebate printed. You could spend $6.95 (fee on $200 GC) and still make some moolah.

And add Plink and you get another 300 Plink points for $3 down the road. Plus you get 1% Cash Back or whatever you cc gives back. Minimum $2 on that route. So, now it is $10 minimum for most. x2 and you have $20 at a minimum.

mathfaster said:   

And add Plink and you get another 300 Plink points for $3 down the road. Plus you get 1% Cash Back or whatever you cc gives back. Minimum $2 on that route. So, now it is $10 minimum for most.

or split Plink in multiples > 60 and make more $3. If only this was available online and make another 5% through upromise.

tajar96 said:   
mathfaster said:   

And add Plink and you get another 300 Plink points for $3 down the road. Plus you get 1% Cash Back or whatever you cc gives back. Minimum $2 on that route. So, now it is $10 minimum for most.

or split Plink in multiples > 60 and make more $3. If only this was available online and make another 5% through upromise.

You ever done that and had it trigger a cc fraud alert? Been reports of that with the Ink card. Remember limit is now 10 transactions per month for Plink at Staples. I had a cashier the other week who did not know how to even split a payment so I could use a Staples gift card when buying gift cards plus some other stuff. I can imagine issues if I asked if they knew how to do split tender for Plink purposes.

A little birdie told me the $10 off $50 coupon from this buried post will successfully apply to a Visa gift card.

BADADVICE said:   A little birdie told me the $10 off $50 coupon from this buried post will successfully apply to a Visa gift card.
A little birdie told me that's considered a BADADVICE.

My Staples had tons of the $200 Visa and MC. I did couple of transactions, each with a Visa+MC. Each receipt was $413.90, with 2 X $15 rebate. So make about $16 each set. I used the MCs I got from the CVS and Albertson's deal towards this one. The last set I used my own CC, but no biggie. These cards will be used in no time with all the holiday shopping.

Crap, didn't notice the effective date of 11/28-29, and I bought both today 11/30! Was rushing to other stores and didn't notice until I went home.

Do I have any recourse or am I basically out 2x$6.95?

triamarker said:   Do I have any recourse or am I basically out 2x$6.95?

You gambled and lost on this one.

labboypro said:   

Does this mean the deal has ended?

MISTERCHEAP said:   

you spend $6.95 activation for a $15 gift card. ONE $200 VISA/MC CARD. OP didn't post this deal accurately/effectively for max MM info. Can do the deal twice ONCE for MC, ONCE FOR VISA, make $16 total. Buy the SECOND Prepaid card with the FIRST prepaid card so your OOP is lowered.

This is exactly why MISTERCHEAP should be allowed to re-post, and doofuses should be kicked on their behinds.

Motivator said:   
labboypro said:   

Does this mean the deal has ended?

Yes, the deal was only Thursday and Friday.

labboypro said:   

Everything in the ad ended 11/30. It was only those Visa/MC and the Itunes GC deals that ended 11/29. Very sneaky Staples, and another costly lesson to me. Devil's in the details as they say.

I hope this is not too late for most of you, but I have been using the Visa cards to make purchases, and I have been getting back 5% kickback. So don't throw away your used-up cards without checking the balance.

Same thing is happening on the Newegg Visa cards.

serenity22 said:   I hope this is not too late for most of you, but I have been using the Visa cards to make purchases, and I have been getting back 5% kickback. So don't throw away your used-up cards without checking the balance.

Too bad, I've already trashed the cards. I always cut them upas soon as I drain the fund (card face value).

serenity22 said:   I hope this is not too late for most of you, but I have been using the Visa cards to make purchases, and I have been getting back 5% kickback. So don't throw away your used-up cards without checking the balance.

what 5% kickback? (sorry, i missed it in this thread)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014