• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

monsters university at Target Mobile
Disclaimer
Unlike the advertised door buster deal that has the Bluray/DVD combo for $10 here  , Target.com also has the bluray/DVD/digital copy edition for $10 here   and listed as sold in-store only.
It rings up @ $32.99 and I was able to get an easy PM by showing them the website link from my smartphone.

FYI, this was the link   I showed the store rep

Target
See Target promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Monsters University 3-disc BR/DVD/DC
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

Monsters University - 3-DISC COMBO PACK Blu-ray...
Thanks thedbn
Disclaimer
The Target version comes with a Bonus Disc featuring Never-Before-Seen Bonus Content "College Days"
non mobile link
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

YMMV. Was in Target and was told they are NOT PM ANYTHING from today until December 2. Also listed on the website as being excluded those dates

like the animation

whydoihavetoregister said:   YMMV. Was in Target and was told they are NOT PM ANYTHING from today until December 2. Also listed on the website as being excluded those dates
  @ the B&M location, they stated they won't PM other stores, but since this was their website offer, it was an easy PM with no manager required.

will try later on... Thanks!

Rang up as $10 for me.

thedbn said:   
whydoihavetoregister said:   YMMV. Was in Target and was told they are NOT PM ANYTHING from today until December 2. Also listed on the website as being excluded those dates
  @ the B&M location, they stated they won't PM other stores, but since this was their website offer, it was an easy PM with no manager required.

Unfortunately, I had the same experience as whydoi.  Store would not pricematch Target.com.  I was insistent, but they stuck to their guns.  Oh well.

Thanks OP. Got it this morning. Rang up full price but price adjustment was easy with the link provided showing $10 as the store price.

winipu said:   Rang up as $10 for me.

You got the wrong version.  We are talking about the one with digital copy.  The one without would ring for $10.  The one with rings at full price.

BTW,  I was able to get one but was not easy...  They kept on insisting it was an online order.  Once I point out that it said 'in store price' a few times they cave in...

I was at Target this morning. They were sold-out of the $10 DVD packages. I came home and saw this thread of postings that they price matched "the link." The Link shows the "COLLECTORS EDITION" which is $32.99. I went back a second and showed them the picture and description. My Target would NOT give it to me for $10. They said that Target.com is a different company than the Target stores and they will not honor the Target.com price. They won't price match any store this weekend, even Target.com.. I am so angry!

Thanks OP...definitely YMMV. Local B&M (Peterson Ave in Chicago) had the Collector's Edition listed on sale for $10. When it rang up for $32.99 at the register, the rep said it was only the BluRay combo pack which was on sale. I pointed out their in-store signage and he had no idea what the difference was. Ended up giving me the CE for $10+tax OTD. Not a bad deal in the end....

Got another one a few mins ago using the same process I listed in the OP. Honestly, it depends on the cashier and store. YMMV

rsuaver said:   

BTW,  I was able to get one but was not easy...  They kept on insisting it was an online order.  Once I point out that it said 'in store price' a few times they cave in...

I'm glad you got in on the deal. Let's keep those Disney deals going. I really wanted this Target deal due to the additional "college days" bonus disc.

First store in Milwaukee (S. 27th St.)was turned down by Guest Services as they saw this as price matching, which they will not do until through 12/2. Even got a manager/lead involved, he kept comparing it to the version in the BF ad and that Target.com just has the wrong photo, even though I pointed out several times that the website clearly shows this is a different version, with digital copy and bonus content, and the text description on Target.com matches the photo.

Unwilling to give up after only one attempt, I tried another location (Chase Ave.), this time at the Electronics checkout. Cashier there wasn't sure what to do when I showed him the lower price online and how it specifically says that is the "in-store price" and he asked someone else from Electronics. She said they should be $10 but aren't coming up that way for some reason and told him to override the price to $10. Was able to buy two copies for $10 each today!

Price is back up to $29.99 for the provided link
dead deal

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014