• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

$25 less than the next best price I could find!

ASUS 802.11n Wireless Range Extender and Router @ Newegg - $14.99 after Rebate
compare at $39.99
Free Shipping!
Expires On: 12/1/2013 11:59PM

Rebates
$20 Rebate

 


 

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)


Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Dead … OOS

CadTeach (Nov. 30, 2013 @ 4:50p) |

Back in stock.

SunDiego123 (Dec. 01, 2013 @ 8:20a) |

Dirty trick!
Low price but out of stock.
Back in stock but price up.

kuelllin (Dec. 01, 2013 @ 7:05p) |

  • Also categorized in:

Got 1. Even better now. $30 - $20 rebate = $9.99. Free Shoprunner shipping and no tax for me.

Thanks OP. you may want to update the price.

Yeah, price drop for sweeter deal. Thanks!

is it also  a bridge ? 

Thanks OP.  Needed one because my Belkin routher was acting up.  Great price.

I love that this one showed up at same price after the N150 model was sold out ... I hate it when Newegg does this.

Edit: Decided to return the N150 model -- just RMA'd it; free return shipping w/ Shoprunner -- and order this one.

How does this comapre to ASUS RT-AC66U, which is $120 after rebate...I have a 3 floor house and multiple laptops/tablets...would this fit the bill in terms of range, signal strength etc?

FYI, price just dropped to $9.99 after rebate.

I already have too many routers, but if I needed one I'd buy this one for $9.99 and put DD-WRT or Tomato on it, though it seems DD-WRT support may be recent and not that stable yet. But DD-WRT has the features needed to make a bridge, etc.

ecobvb said:   How does this comapre to ASUS RT-AC66U, which is $120 after rebate...I have a 3 floor house and multiple laptops/tablets...would this fit the bill in terms of range, signal strength etc?
  
The RT-AC66U uses new wireless standards in addition to 802.11n.  It will be backward compatible with your 802.11n devices but if you use them, no real benefit vs. a plain old 802.11n router.

The RT-AC66U is also going to be dual band 802.11n (2.4GHZ + 5GHZ radios) whereas this cheap router is just 2GHZ - which is what most cheaper routers are.  5GHZ can be a big win in a congested area like an apartment or office building where lots of other people have 2.4GHZ routers and devices going.  If you don't have a lot of neighbors with 2.4GHZ stuff, 5GHZ probably won't buy you much (it doesn't carry through walls as well as 2.4GHZ anyway).

For reference: I have my old, cheap, reliable Asus 2.4GHZ 802.11n router on the 2nd floor and I get great reception on the first floor.  If you have three floors, put your router on the 2nd floor not the first or third...

funny... was going to spend ~$10 for two antennas to mod my existing router that only has internal antennas....

Same deal $9.99 AR at Fry's as B&M deal - 1 day deal - today only.

ahallfatwallett said:   
ecobvb said:   How does this comapre to ASUS RT-AC66U, which is $120 after rebate...I have a 3 floor house and multiple laptops/tablets...would this fit the bill in terms of range, signal strength etc?
  
The RT-AC66U uses new wireless standards in addition to 802.11n.  It will be backward compatible with your 802.11n devices but if you use them, no real benefit vs. a plain old 802.11n router.

The RT-AC66U is also going to be dual band 802.11n (2.4GHZ + 5GHZ radios) whereas this cheap router is just 2GHZ - which is what most cheaper routers are.  5GHZ can be a big win in a congested area like an apartment or office building where lots of other people have 2.4GHZ routers and devices going.  If you don't have a lot of neighbors with 2.4GHZ stuff, 5GHZ probably won't buy you much (it doesn't carry through walls as well as 2.4GHZ anyway).

For reference: I have my old, cheap, reliable Asus 2.4GHZ 802.11n router on the 2nd floor and I get great reception on the first floor.  If you have three floors, put your router on the 2nd floor not the first or third...

  appreciate the time taken to post an concise response that can be understood by experts and novice alike...

Would this work with CenturyLink internet service? I think yes, but not hurt to ask.

I already ordered the $20 RT-N10P router they had (and it looks like it will be delivered today). I generally never return stuff, but can I use Shoprunner to make the return for free or will I get charged a restocking fee or something? Does anyone have experience with this? I know that Amazon will let you return stuff for free, but that's the extent of my experience.

ETA: Darn, it looks like there is a 15% restocking fee for Newegg. I wonder if I also get hit with the restocking fee if I just decline the package?

BPH789 said:   Same deal $9.99 AR at Fry's as B&M deal - 1 day deal - today only.
Not exactly, as you're more likely to have to pay taxes for the on from Frys.  Plus more opportunity for CashBack from Newegg, plus Newegg rebate's good for 2, Fry's only allows 1. 
Would cost me ~$10.25 with CC CashBack and tax from Frys.
Cost me ~$8.80 with CC and FW CashBack from Newegg.

How does this compare to this one Rosewill RNX-N300RT, which is $5 more but supporting DD-WRT:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166072

kuelllin said:   How does this compare to this one Rosewill RNX-N300RT, which is $5 more but supporting DD-WRT:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166072

  This supports DD-WRT also.

Was going to be in for 2 (backups to backup backups), but only in for 1 because of the reviews about them dying after a couple weeks.

bytem3 said:   I already ordered the $20 RT-N10P router they had (and it looks like it will be delivered today). I generally never return stuff, but can I use Shoprunner to make the return for free or will I get charged a restocking fee or something? Does anyone have experience with this? I know that Amazon will let you return stuff for free, but that's the extent of my experience.

ETA: Darn, it looks like there is a 15% restocking fee for Newegg. I wonder if I also get hit with the restocking fee if I just decline the package?

Shoprunner gives you free return shipping.
Shoprunner Return Policy said: Newegg offers Free Return Shipping to Shoprunner members. Please contact Newegg at 1-800-390-1119 or www.newegg.com/returns.
Iron Egg Guarantee absolves you from restocking fee.

My RT-N10P arrived yesterday.  I RMA'd it this afternoon and then ordered this one; it said there would be a full refund ($18.99, since I got to use a 5% off coupon).  I plan to return it Monday or Tuesday.

kuelllin said:   How does this compare to this one Rosewill RNX-N300RT, which is $5 more but supporting DD-WRT:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166072

  It seems that the RNX-N300RT uses an Atheros chipset.  That means that there is no support for Tomato firmware (only supports Broadcom chipsets).  The Asus is a Broadcom chipset, so you'd have the choice of DD-WRT or Tomato.  On the other hand, the RNX-N300RT seems to be officially supported whereas the Asus isn't yet in the DD-WRT router database so may still be considered experimental.  You can dig up threads on this in Google.

How does each router compare in terms of actual real-world performance?  No idea.  But they are both single band 2.4GHZ 802.11n routers.  I'd guess they would be roughly comparable.

For me personally, a $5 rebate is a waste of time (given that I already have to spend $1 on a stamp, envelope, printed page, etc.).

speedy777 said:   Would this work with CenturyLink internet service? I think yes, but not hurt to ask.
  Sure, it certainly would.  But if your existing Centurylink modem doesn't have wireless, you might look for one that does.  They can be obtained used pretty cheaply.  Get a Ceturylink-branded modem (or Qwest if as happened here Centurylink bought out Qwest) and you should be fine.  You could add this Asus router as a second box, but then you have an additional device plugged in.

what would I need to buy to pick up Wi-Fi singles that's further away like would this work for that? cause I live close to public wifi area and I can get 3 bars but its slow as heck and lags real bad and drops single and I need something that boost the strength so it picks up the single better but don't know what I need to buy to do this.

koopons said:   what would I need to buy to pick up Wi-Fi singles that's further away like would this work for that? cause I live close to public wifi area and I can get 3 bars but its slow as heck and lags real bad and drops single and I need something that boost the strength so it picks up the single better but don't know what I need to buy to do this.
  You'd want a repeater - but that isn't going to be practical unless you can position the repeater closer to the WiFi source than you are now.  For example, let's say I had a very large house and my wireless router must for some reason be in the basement yet I want to use WiFi in the attic.  I could put a repeater on the 2nd floor, maybe halfway between the attic and the basement, to boost the signal up there.  But putting a repeater in the attic would probably be a waste of time, unless it gets better reception than my wireless device (phone, laptop, etc.) that I am trying to use there.

Dead … OOS

Back in stock.

Dirty trick!
Low price but out of stock.
Back in stock but price up.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014