• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Virgin Mobile LG Optimus F3 for $69.99 Cyber Monday @ RadioshackI just had a look at the RadioShack ad for tomorrow and see that the Virgin Mobile Optimus F3 4G LTE phone will be $69.99 on Cyber Monday at midnight. This is $20 less than Best Buy.

The ad says Monday at 12am but you might want to check Sunday at 12am and see maybe if goes on sale a day early.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24336076 

Ad Scan Below

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=zsjo0l&s=5#.Uppy75Ao5UQ

Virgin Mobile
See Virgin Mobile discounts that earn $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
RadioShack
See RadioShack discounts that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

This Optimus (52.85kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer

Not this Optimus (76.43kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Still showing in stock, but my order from 12/5 has not shipped. Checking with customer support.

Impressions of the phone... (more)

jbserra (Dec. 12, 2013 @ 3:07p) |

My area has 4G supposedly everywhere yet I do drop to 3G around 30-40% of the time.  I had to root the phone and get rid... (more)

niko6266 (Dec. 14, 2013 @ 8:27a) |

Severely regretting jumping on that $10 coupon to buy a second phone. Trying to return the "extra" phone in the store w... (more)

jbserra (Dec. 17, 2013 @ 2:00p) |

Staff Summary

That is a pretty good deal for a lower end 4GLTE phone. I have the LG Optimus V on the $25/month plan, this might be what makes me jump to the $35/month plan. 

I was a click away from getting this from BB, thanks OP

This deal is live now.

from the specs page, it has available user memory of 1.24GB and a 800x480 screen

sounds like slightly modified Optimus L9, which two of my kids have (but with a worse screen). With only 1.24GB available space, there is very little room left for apps, and many games are now in the 500MB range and higher. In fact, my son cannot even upgrade to the current set of google apps (chrome/search/maps/now/mail/etc.) on his due to lack of space. So this is not the phone for one that wants to play with it or significantly customize it.

For a similar price, one can get a Nokia 520/521 (which have a similar screen and 8GB flash) or spend $180 (8GB, 720p screen) and get a Moto G ($200 with 16GB). However, all these phones run on T-Mobile or AT&T. If you really want Virgin Mobile, I guess your options are limited.

In for 3. Upgrading 2 of my kids from Kyocera Rise, and 1 from a HTC One V - Thanks OP!

Thanks OP. In for 1. Also upgrading a Kyocera Rise

Can we unlock this phone, without activating with Virgin Mobile?

From what I have been reading motochopper will root the phone. I don't know if you need to activate it but wouldn't see why you would have to.

Then you could move apps to the SD card. There is also a download recovery utility but I still need to research how to install TWRP.

yes, motochopper will work, however, no available roms.

I'm not seeing the sale price...

Try to clear out your web cache or try another browser.

niko6266 said:   Try to clear out your web cache or try another browser.
  Thank you!  My tablet was not showing the sale price.  Got it now!

I'm thinking Best Buy will be getting back a bunch of these phones!

Does anyone know if I order online if I can return it in store?
I want to buy this but if the Iphone 4 deal comes around I may go for that.

Thank you

brota said:   Does anyone know if I order online if I can return it in store?
I want to buy this but if the Iphone 4 deal comes around I may go for that.

Thank you

Definitely maybe.  Looks like you have to buy it AND receive it to find out.  See the last bullet in the return rules from their site posted below:

Return Rules and Restrictions
Items must be returned within 30 days of delivery.

• You must include the return portion of the original packing slip. Be certain to save copies for your records. If you no longer have the packing slip, follow these steps  .
  • Shipping and handling costs and other additional charges are non-refundable.
  • We will not accept CODs or third party billing for returned merchandise.
  • If there is extensive damage to an item upon delivery, call a Customer Care Representative immediately at 1-800-843-7422.
  • You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 10-15 days of our receiving your returned product.
  • If you choose to return your online purchase to one of our retail stores, you must present the original packing slip, Ship Confirmation e-mail or your online purchase receipt displayed during Checkout. Without a receipt of any kind, you will be issued a Gift Card (or exchange) for the most recent selling price of the item.
  • Items purchased at a RadioShack retail store may NOT be returned to our online store.
  • Some items purchased online at RadioShack.com may NOT be returned to a RadioShack retail store. Check the packing slip for specific instructions.

Hoping WalMart will match the price.

In for one online, thank you OP.

If you are on the grandfathered $25 per month plan, you might be able to switch phones if you buy the phone, after you get it, log into your Virgin Mobile account and choose to swap phones. It worked for me going from the Optimus V, with it's terrible internal memory and thus terrible app storage, to a Samsung Reverb. I was prepared to pay extra, but it never came up. I have VM automatically take out the payment each month, so maybe that is part of the reason it worked for me.

SimMike said:   If you are on the grandfathered $25 per month plan, you might be able to switch phones if you buy the phone, after you get it, log into your Virgin Mobile account and choose to swap phones. It worked for me going from the Optimus V, with it's terrible internal memory and thus terrible app storage, to a Samsung Reverb. I was prepared to pay extra, but it never came up. I have VM automatically take out the payment each month, so maybe that is part of the reason it worked for me.

Current speculation at HoFo is that retention of the $25 grandfathering only works for VMUSA's 3G phones. This one is LTE, so if the speculation is correct, a $25 user would have to switch to the $35 plan.

Dumb question. Is this GSM compatible?

emmagata said:   Dumb question. Is this GSM compatible?

Sorry it is not. Virgin Mobile only uses CDMA.

I need to buy a smartphone that will be used for many years. THus, it needs to have space for lots of pictures, apps and a few songs. Being a smartphone newbie, I seek advice on appropriate models with decent storage space. I'd also like a decent camera (megapixels). I am tech challenged and can root plants, but not a phone. I was interested in this phone, but there's not enough storage, right?

Please PM your suggestions if you can find the time. 

I doubt very seriously you could use a $25 grandfathered plan. I've got the $25 plan and from what I remember any phones that were introduced into the Virgin Mobile line after the Motorola Triumph will be jacked up to the $35 plan. I'm using an Optimus Elite, and I am pretty sure that was the last phone that can use the old plan.

I can confirm that you are forced to switch to the $35 plan when swapping phones. I just did the switch yesterday and if you are under the $25 grandfathered plan it gives you an error and prompts you to select a new plan.

Oddity at my local RS: they had no display model of the phone and none on the shelf, even though it's featured on the front page of their ad.

Deal is still on! Just bought a second through the webpage. They were out of stock last night, but they're back in stock this morning.

This deal is supposed to last until 12/12 but we'll see. Hopefully with all of the new users of the phone, devs will start working on new builds.

The Samsung Reverb is 3G which is maybe why I was allowed to keep the grandfathered $25 plan.

It appears they are on backorder now. RadioShack was nice enough to send me a $10 coupon for my purchase, so I promptly bought the phone again using the coupon, but I'll have to wait to see if it comes back in stock.

For anyone that messes up their phone after rooting. I created a doc on how to do it based off of one that someone else wrote. The one the OP wrote was confusing for me so I documented one step by step in the thread.

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobile-optimus-f3-all-things-roo...

Deal still live

Does anyone know if this phone will work on Ringplus?

Still showing in stock, but my order from 12/5 has not shipped. Checking with customer support.

Impressions of the phone are pretty good. Coming from an iPhone 4s, I wasn't sure. I had to download a couple of apps to appease the behaviors instilled in me by my iphone, but it also has a bunch of things my iphone couldn't do. I just wish 4g was better in Milwaukee. It looks like they're intentionally blocking Milwaukee county which sucks.

jbserra said:   Still showing in stock, but my order from 12/5 has not shipped. Checking with customer support.

Impressions of the phone are pretty good. Coming from an iPhone 4s, I wasn't sure. I had to download a couple of apps to appease the behaviors instilled in me by my iphone, but it also has a bunch of things my iphone couldn't do. I just wish 4g was better in Milwaukee. It looks like they're intentionally blocking Milwaukee county which sucks.

My area has 4G supposedly everywhere yet I do drop to 3G around 30-40% of the time.  I had to root the phone and get rid of a ton of bloat-ware. I cleared up a bunch of space with some apps such as the office viewer, translator, dictionary etc. I do like the speed of dual core (coming from a single core HTC One V) but the screen is way better on the HTC over this one.

Severely regretting jumping on that $10 coupon to buy a second phone. Trying to return the "extra" phone in the store was a horrible experience and I walked out WITH THE PHONE! She could not figure out how to return the phone even after calling a district manager and probably 30 minutes. Unreal...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014