• 12 3 459
  • Page
  • Text Only
jewsus said:   AP?
  Does not appear to have worked.

Perfect timing. Purchasing a Kindle Paperwhite for a X-mas present. Now $25 cheaper. 

Now if Amazon will offer additional discount on Cyber Monday?!!!

suesam said:   FB app also shows $5 back on $30 use on pumps at BP and Exxon Mobil... seems like a good deal?
Yes, both good deals.  I believe if you look again, the BP offer is $5 off of $25, which makes it a better deal than the Exxon/Mobil (20% off versus 17%).  With the BP deal, you can also stack the 10¢ off/gallon BP Driver Rewards, dropping the price further.  People inevitably complain that their BP price is higher than other stations (I'm not in that situation, as my local BP and Mobil stations compete to be consistently the lowest price in the area), but with these deals, if you figure a base price of $3/gallon, gas would have to be 70¢ per gallon more expensive at BP than at neighboring gas stations to make the BP one not a good deal.  Oh, and the other big difference between the two: the Mobil deal is a one-time use only (typical for these AmEx offers), while the BP offer is reusable.  For a month now, I've been getting gas $25.01 at a time (not hard, since that's about all my tank will take), and have gotten three $5 credits so far.  About to earn another today.

Chris.
 

Texmaps said:   
scripta said:   does NOT require sync, twitter, facebook, etc. Should show up in the usual place under "Offers for You".
  It does not require sync but you do need to click on  Save Offer

  Not all cards will see the offer through americanexpress.com under "Offers for You".  It seems that the Facebook sync gives me the offer on cards that would not otherwise receive it though americanexpress.com.

Cheetah2004 said:   Sorry cannot trust Facebook with my AMEX card. One day some security features on Facebook gets hacked and your credit card will number will be in the hands of bot so good people. 
  
It drives me crazy when people say that.  How many times have you handed your cc to some teenager at a restaurant or gas station or wherever and they walk in the back to "run" it (and possibly copy all the info)?  I made a purchase at a "high end" spa for a gift card and 2 days later had $1200 in charges from Apple.com I didn't make.  I am 99.999% sure where it came from since Apple & Cap One confirmed a couple things.  Either way simply call your CC company and you'll have a new card with zero responsibility to you.  You odds are better  getting scammed locally.

KDS95AB said:   I am trying the AMEX offers like this for the first time. Please enlighten me on the following:

An item sold on Amazon by a 3rd party seller would also qualify for this or not?


eg:

"Toy / Game Ultimate LEGO Star Wars 9515 The Malevolence - Twin Quick-Fire Missile Launchers & Six Mini-Figures by 4 KIDS" is sold by old by VMInnovations


Anyone knows if this purchase would qualify also or not? Please reply

Thanks in advance

NOT

PippiLongStockings said:   Anyone knows if it will work for an Amazon local purchase? Thanks
  I doubt it, the terms and conditions say Amazon.com only:
Amazon.com and AMEX said: Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Offer valid only for purchases on
Amazon.com; not valid at any non-US or non-English versions of Amazon.com or
websites affiliated with or linked to Amazon.com. If you order an item during the offer
period but it is not sent to you until after 12/31/13, it may not count towards determining
whether your purchase qualifies. Enrollment is limited. Limit 1 statement credit per
American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit
will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/13, provided that
American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying
purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying
purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have
been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if
qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive
information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive
the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made
directly with Amazon.com. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement
credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party.
Program Terms and Conditions apply; see below for details.


 

edick said:   I received my e-gift card for $75 but still have not received an AMEX confirmation. Usually you get the email right away so I am a little concerned that it may not qualify. I would maybe hold off on ordering the e-gift cards for now. Will update if anything changes.
  
I bought Black and Decker CHV1410L 14.4-Volt Lithium Ion Dust Buster (59.99 - 10 (10 off 50 coupon) and SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC (16.99) and 2 more Add-on items for a total of 80 (74 + 6 tax). Paid with Amex card that is enrolled for the Amazon offer. All are sold and shipped by Amazon. The Amazon charge is showing on my account under Pending charges. But, NO email from Amex confirming the use of the card for this offer yet.
 

MisterEd said:   
Cheetah2004 said:   Sorry cannot trust Facebook with my AMEX card. One day some security features on Facebook gets hacked and your credit card will number will be in the hands of bot so good people. 
  
It drives me crazy when people say that.  How many times have you handed your cc to some teenager at a restaurant or gas station or wherever and they walk in the back to "run" it (and possibly copy all the info)?  I made a purchase at a "high end" spa for a gift card and 2 days later had $1200 in charges from Apple.com I didn't make.  I am 99.999% sure where it came from since Apple & Cap One confirmed a couple things.  Either way simply call your CC company and you'll have a new card with zero responsibility to you.  You odds are better  getting scammed locally.

Should drive you even more crazy since FB does not have access to your Amex card info, only Amex does. The LinkLikeLove app is an Amex app and FB never gets access to the card data entered there. 

Read the thread but couldn't find a concrete answer - do Amazon GIFT CARDS quality for this promo?

Because technically, gift cards are sold by "ACI Gift Cards Inc." not Amazon.com (even though the former is a subsidiary of the latter).

if between my wife and I we have 4 Amex accounts but we are both authorized users of each others accounts then does that mean we can get this deal 8 times as long as they have have unique cc numbers?   Or is it really tied to the 4 accounts only?  

exclusivelysid said:   Read the thread but couldn't find a concrete answer - do Amazon GIFT CARDS quality for this promo?

Because technically, gift cards are sold by "ACI Gift Cards Inc." not Amazon.com (even though the former is a subsidiary of the latter).

  I bought $300 in GCs across four cards and got four acknowledgements from AMEX. I have yet to not receive a credit where I got the confirmation.

We'll see as the charges post over the next several days.


thanks!

madcowdisease said:   
exclusivelysid said:   Read the thread but couldn't find a concrete answer - do Amazon GIFT CARDS quality for this promo?

Because technically, gift cards are sold by "ACI Gift Cards Inc." not Amazon.com (even though the former is a subsidiary of the latter).

  I bought $300 in GCs across four cards and got four acknowledgements from AMEX. I have yet to not receive a credit where I got the confirmation.

We'll see as the charges post over the next several das.

  What kind of "acknowledgements" from AMEX did you receive? The one confirming gift card purchase or AMEX sync? I got the Synced message from AMEX but nothing for gift card...

This also works with SERVE debit card. 

thanks!

depend said:   
madcowdisease said:   
exclusivelysid said:   Read the thread but couldn't find a concrete answer - do Amazon GIFT CARDS quality for this promo?

Because technically, gift cards are sold by "ACI Gift Cards Inc." not Amazon.com (even though the former is a subsidiary of the latter).

  I bought $300 in GCs across four cards and got four acknowledgements from AMEX. I have yet to not receive a credit where I got the confirmation.

We'll see as the charges post over the next several das.

  What kind of "acknowledgements" from AMEX did you receive? The one confirming gift card purchase or AMEX sync? I got the Synced message from AMEX but nothing for gift card...

  Jeez, I posted this three times. How is it not 100% clear already? Acknowledgements of the purchase, as with any of these deals. The confirmation of the GC purchase would come from Amazon, obviously.

MisterEd said:   
Cheetah2004 said:   Sorry cannot trust Facebook with my AMEX card. One day some security features on Facebook gets hacked and your credit card will number will be in the hands of bot so good people. 
  
It drives me crazy when people say that.  How many times have you handed your cc to some teenager at a restaurant or gas station or wherever and they walk in the back to "run" it (and possibly copy all the info)?  I made a purchase at a "high end" spa for a gift card and 2 days later had $1200 in charges from Apple.com I didn't make.  I am 99.999% sure where it came from since Apple & Cap One confirmed a couple things.  Either way simply call your CC company and you'll have a new card with zero responsibility to you.  You odds are better  getting scammed locally.

  

Used card at the pump and a few days later, someone went on a shopping spree at a department store charging $500. Apparently thieves had installed a skimming device on the pump and made a duplicate card with my info. Thankfully, bank reversed the charges. 

GREEN!

scripta said:   does NOT require sync, twitter, facebook, etc. Should show up in the usual place under "Offers for You".
  Most certainly DOES require sync if the offer is not automatically available to you when you log into amex.  Another dozen or so offers appeared as well.

drmorb said:   scripta said:   does NOT require sync, twitter, facebook, etc. Should show up in the usual place under "Offers for You".
  Most certainly DOES require sync if the offer is not automatically available to you when you log into amex.  Another dozen or so offers appeared as well.
  

Can also use
https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/Amazon/
which I assume will deny you if you aren't eligible for any reason

One more person who didn't receive for the GC (I purchased it last night).

Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/13, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.

madcowdisease said:   
  Jeez, I posted this three times. How is it not 100% clear already? Acknowledgements of the purchase, as with any of these deals. The confirmation of the GC purchase would come from Amazon, obviously.

All I want is a signed contract, and escrowed funds in my name, certifying that if AMEX doesn't come through for my purchase, you will be on the hook for it instead.

Deal?

Right-o!
  

eswarjj said:   One more person who didn't receive for the GC (I purchased it last night).
Depends on what time you made the purchase last night -- the deal was supposed to be 12/1-12/31 according to the twitter link, but Amex activated the FB & twitter signups a few hours earlier than they should have

Amazon runs on pacific time so after 12am PST would have been a safe bet, but some people mentioned getting Amex confirmation emails after 11pm PST

I played it safe and order an eGC around 1230 PST and did get the confirmation email from Amex -- going to wait for the actual credit before using the other cards

madcowdisease said:   
exclusivelysid said:   Read the thread but couldn't find a concrete answer - do Amazon GIFT CARDS quality for this promo?

Because technically, gift cards are sold by "ACI Gift Cards Inc." not Amazon.com (even though the former is a subsidiary of the latter).

  I bought $300 in GCs across four cards and got four acknowledgements from AMEX. I have yet to not receive a credit where I got the confirmation.

We'll see as the charges post over the next several days.

  Did you buy email gcs or physical?

missheyu said:   here's the link
https://apps.facebook.com/amexlinklikelove/?ref_id=200000111&extlink=AmexAmazon

  I was able to register all my 3 cards using this link. Thanks.

jatan1986 said:   
eswarjj said:   One more person who didn't receive for the GC (I purchased it last night).
Depends on what time you made the purchase last night -- the deal was supposed to be 12/1-12/31 according to the twitter link, but Amex activated the FB & twitter signups a few hours earlier than they should have

Amazon runs on pacific time so after 12am PST would have been a safe bet, but some people mentioned getting Amex confirmation emails after 11pm PST

I played it safe and order an eGC around 1230 PST and did get the confirmation email from Amex -- going to wait for the actual credit before using the other cards

  How long did it take for you to get the confirmation email from AMEX? I made my purchase about 1.5 hours ago and still no email. I bought a $75 eGC. Thanks.

Theory:  e-gift cards don't qualify because they are sold by "ACI".  Maybe snail-mailed physical gift cards will work?

maydepot said:   Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/13, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
They mention that in the terms, but the actual credit usually posts within a week after the charge is fully posted to your account. Once in a while their system might glitch and not give you the credit, but you can contact them a few weeks later to have a manual credit applied

The Amex BP sync deal has the same wording, but the credit usually posts within a few days (that's how it is for all Amex sync deals)

IamN41 said:   Theory:  e-gift cards don't qualify because they are sold by "ACI".  Maybe snail-mailed physical gift cards will work?
  My amex shows that the eGC was billed through Amazon.com Seattle. Not sure if that means anything pertinent.

IamN41 said:   Theory:  e-gift cards don't qualify because they are sold by "ACI".  Maybe snail-mailed physical gift cards will work?
ACI may handle the backend of creating/sending eGCs but the payment is processed directly by Amazon

You have an entire month to use the offer so you can wait a few days for other people to report back on the credit if you want to

edick said:     How long did it take for you to get the confirmation email from AMEX? I made my purchase about 1.5 hours ago and still no email. I bought a $75 eGC. Thanks.
Got mine right away last night (within a minute)

edick said:   
IamN41 said:   Theory:  e-gift cards don't qualify because they are sold by "ACI".  Maybe snail-mailed physical gift cards will work?
  My amex shows that the eGC was billed through Amazon.com Seattle. Not sure if that means anything pertinent.

  Yeah, my pending transaction for purchase of a $75 eGC also shows as "Amazon.com LLC", but someone else mentioned it was "ACI".

I have not received any email from american express about qualifying for the promotion.

No sync was needed for me. It was under my offers when I logged into AMEX

jatan1986 said:   
maydepot said:   Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/13, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
They mention that in the terms, but the actual credit usually posts within a week after the charge is fully posted to your account. Once in a while their system might glitch and not give you the credit, but you can contact them a few weeks later to have a manual credit applied

The Amex BP sync deal has the same wording, but the credit usually posts within a few days (that's how it is for all Amex sync deals)

  
Is this a fact or just guessing?

maydepot said:   
jatan1986 said:   
maydepot said:   Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/13, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
They mention that in the terms, but the actual credit usually posts within a week after the charge is fully posted to your account. Once in a while their system might glitch and not give you the credit, but you can contact them a few weeks later to have a manual credit applied

The Amex BP sync deal has the same wording, but the credit usually posts within a few days (that's how it is for all Amex sync deals)

  
Is this a fact or just guessing?

Amex Sync deals aren't new, they've been around for a few years -- as I mentioned earlier, people have gotten credit for the BP promo (which has the same terms) within a few days of the charge posting
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1311527/
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1312364/

ionizer said:   might want to add "mazon.com" to the title
  Use @mazon.com instead

Great deal and loaded on my card. Thanks OP!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014